Super Summer Showdown: FINAL ROUND!

allmaple

Judge
ok, heres a little idea to keep people entertained for the summer while we endure a long stretch with no new csi. this is going to be like a 'character elimination game' but with a poll instead of numbers, to keep things simple and less spammy.

each week i will put up a new category (cops/detectives, lab techs/coroners, and finally csis) and you can vote for your favourite from each show. after these rounds have been completed the winners from each show will be going against each other in the super summer showdown! i am including all regular/recurring characters from past and present. the point is to see if old characters or characters in a few episodes can make the same impact on us as main characters.

feel free to discuss what you like about each character, what makes them great, why you like them the best! if it gets too spammy, this thread will be locked and only the polls will remain open. we dont want that to happen so please keep up the discussion! and feel free to bring in users from other forums to help vote, we want as many people as possible :D

now, lets get to it! round 1: cops and detectives starts now!

Re: Super Summer Showdown: Round 1

I realize you can't list every cop that has appeared, but Wanda De Jesus played Adell Sevilla in 10 episodes of Maimi and Skip O'Brien played Ray O'Riley in 24 episodes of the original. Both are worthy of consideration.

Fun idea maple. That was quite tough really, there are definately things I like about all the detectives.

Vartann, I still miss him. :( And for NY, Flack goes without saying, but both Angell and Maka could be deserving of votes as well. I would definately agree that older recurring characters have made an impact and that even appearing in just a few episodes they can make a big difference. :) But I'll be interested to see the final results of the poll...

Dynamo1 said:
I realize you can't list every cop that has appeared, but Wanda De Jesus played Adell Sevilla in 10 episodes of Maimi and Skip O'Brien played Ray O'Riley in 24 episodes of the original. Both are worthy of consideration.

aw crap! *hangs head in shame* i used the names from the old elimination game and got help to add missing characters. i guess it was inevitable that some would slip through the cracks. i am so sorry about that!

since for whatever reason polls cant be edited, we can either leave it the way it is or if someone really, really, really wants to vote for those two i can make a new one.

so sorry everyone!

What made it hard is that outside of Vegas I don't really know the detectives that well. I like Vega the best on Vegas, but I do like Vartann and of course Brass. The only one on Miami I know is Frank Tripp so he's the only one I voted for. The only one I know on NY is Flack so he's the only one I voted for there.

Maybe someone should tell us about some of the characters. Not everybody watches all 3 shows, which makes it hard to vote for someone on all 3 shows. I've seen bits and pieces of Miami but it's never caught my full attention for the whole hour and I've only seen 2 full episodes of NY (the last 2 season finales).

Susan

no worries blackflag. the way the polls work you dont have to vote in every category. also i think you can pick just one even though you are allowed two. so no one needs to feel pressured to vote in all categories if you cant :)

Lets just say I didn't read the instruction on the poll real well and I only voted for 1 in all 3 categories anyways! :rolleyes:

I promise to read things better next time. :lol:

Susan

Ok, first of all I had such a hard time between the cops on LV :eek:
but... Vartann and Brass (sorry Sofia, next time)

Miami: I voted for the two I knew about :eek:

NY: Flack for sure, and Angell because again I haven't seen the others.

*sigh* What kind of mod doesn't read the directions? :( I would have voted for Flack and Angell if I'd been paying attention. :p

Hmm, some pretty big characters were missed from Miami. I know anybody with 3 or more episodes from NY got included (because I submitted those names :lol:), so maybe we should go ahead and grab any extra names and re-do the poll--10 and 24 episodes are a lot. :eek:

It's up to my lovely co-mod, though, since this game was her idea. ;) *bows down to her* :lol:

I vote for Brass and Vartaan. I do like Vega too. I don't much care about Sofia and Caveliere.

I don't watch Miami and NY.

i love Brass...he was such a ***meanie*** at the beginning and his bleach comment during the finaly...priceless

seems like so far people are ok with my mistake, so we will leave this poll and i will triple check before i put up the lab techs next week.

anyhoo, for me i can only really comment on vegas, even though ive seen the others i havent gotten a good idea of the cops. vartann has always been my favourite and i was sad to see him go. he was always good when paired with nick so that gives him bonus points :)

also picked brass, he is a very stereotypical cop but paul pulls off the character perfectly. so that earns him a vote from me.

I like some one else didn't read the instruction properly and only voted for one detective. I would have voted for Vartan as well in Vegas but I just voted for Brass. Brass can be a quiet funny guy sometimes. One Miami I only voted for Tripp and on NY only Flack. On those two shows nobody else is done much in my opinion. I have not watched Miami from the beginning.

Great idea Allmaple!

I voted for
Vegas: Brass and Sofia
Miami: Frank and Jessop
NY: Flack and Angell

Will be interesting to see how this turns out!

Back