Stupid/Embarassing things you/someone you know has done

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Golden_Smile, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Smiliee

Smiliee Coroner

Re: Funny stories - stupid things you/someone you know has d

^^ Something like that happened to my three siblings. I wasn't there, but they told me the story.

One day my older brother and sister took my little brother out to lunch at Subway on their way up state for for vacation. They were standing in line and my little brother wanted something on his sandwhich and he ordered it and the lady told him to ask his parents if that was okay. I guess they just kind of looked at the lady like she was crazy, but didn't say anything.

My older brother was about twenty, my sister was about seventeen, and my little brother was about nine. If you do the math that would have made my older brother eleven and my sister eight when he was born.

2. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Last night was pretty embarassing i went lazer questing for my friends 21st birthday and was all great i came 27 out of 30 me and my friend aren't he cleverest but we kept getting shot and going ooooh we're shot not realising that as soon as we lit up again we got shot again cos we hadn't moved... i'm not that clever when it comes to hiding

3. LibertyBell

LibertyBell Police Officer

Ah, I have so many stories like this thanks to my psycho best friend. ;)

When we were in ninth grade, she somehow got it in her head that her drama teacher was the same height sitting down as she was standing up. I tried to explain that this was not possible, but my friend didn't believe me. So the next day at school, on our lunch hour, we grabbed a chair and took it out into the hallway where we hung out. Her drama teacher passed by that hallway a lot, so my friend decided that she was going to ask her teacher to sit down on the chair when she did and we would see for ourselves. Of course she assumed here that her teacher would be willing to sit on the chair in the middle of the hall without an explanation. What ended up happening is her teacher never passed by, so we just ended up taking pictures of ourselves and some other friends who had shown up.

Oh yes, and then there was this:

My friend was having issues with her drama homework (it was this scrapbook thing). She was complaining to me and the other people that were sitting with us in the hallway. She kept going, "I don't get how to do this!" and I kept going, "Then why don't you go find Ms. Broome and ask her for help?!" and she was like, "I can't do that!" She was embarrassed or something. In fact, she made me embarrass myself in front of her teacher A LOT that year because she was too scared to ask for help herself. So anyway, finally I got so annoyed I said, "Okay, on the count of three, we're all going to shout her name, and if she doesn't come then you don't get help, but if she comes, you get your help." Yes, it was a stupid idea, but this is how annoyed I was. So I counted to three, and the five us started screaming her name. We got as far as "Ms. Broo--" and then she actually came around the corner! We all burst out laughing and she just stared at us as she kept walking, so my friend never got her help AND we all looked like idiots.

Yep, I've got plently more stories where that came from. It seems like that's all grade nine was: just my friend doing stupid stuff because of her drama teacher. ;)

Oh yeah, there was another time, in grade eleven, we went on a school trip downtown and we were walking along the street when she spots a homeless guy, turns to me and says, "Is that a statue?" :lol: :rolleyes: The worst part is right before she said it, I was anticipating it!

4. CalleighD

CalleighD Lab Technician

I was watching my brothers rugby match today and I'd gone to get a cup of tea because it was sooo bloody cold and on my way back I saw my brother had got the ball and he slammed it down and scored a try, I forgot I had tea in my hand and threw my arms up to cheer him and the tea went absolutly everywhere because it was so windy. It was horrible.

5. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

I went shopping today, and that's usually a guarantee that something will go wrong. :p
    So I was in a store, and it was very crowded there. So, when someone wanted to pass by me, I took a step back, and felt like I banged into someone. So I apologized, looked back and saw that I was apologizing to a plastic mannequin. :D
    As I said, it was very crowded, so I got out of there as fast as I could. :D

6. CalleighD

CalleighD Lab Technician

This happened today in my biology class, where I try to stay away from practical work as much as possible, but we were all made to take part in ths one.

--We were putting bacterial cultures on agar plates, and we had to spread the bacteria on the jelly with a glass rod which we then had to sterilise by dipping it in ethanol (I think)and then putting it through a bunsen flame so the alcohol is supposed to quickly burn off and kill any germs but I dropped mine, while it still had a flame on it, it went into the dish of ethanol and of course it splashed and the flame went across the desk we had also just cleaned with ethanol to sterilise it. There was this flash flame across the desk and the petri dish was all melted and there was burning plastic floating about.The desk didn't actually burn because it was too quick thank god, but my tutor had to run to switch off the fire alarm before it went off, otherwise the whole of the building would have been evacuated.

I was just standing there throught the whole thing going 'Oh my God, what am I supposed to do?'

Lol no one even thought of the fire extinguisher :rolleyes:

The worst thing was it got around the whole science department and after lunch I even had the environmental science people coming up to ask me what happened.

Could have been worse I spose, though it is kinda funny now I look back hehe :eek:

7. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

ahh the good old spread plate. Yeah, it is ethanol used...and i am pretty clumsy myself, but i am lucky that has never happened to me. Don't worry, pretty soon you can look back and laugh at it...it's pretty funny :lol:

8. CalleighD

CalleighD Lab Technician

^^ I can laugh at it now, but it was mortifying at the time, considering I don't speak to anyone in that class anyway lol.

I have another one--

Today we had an open evening where prospective students come up and tour everything and the science department organised a murder scene and then we had different branches of science doing different forensic things to work out who had commited the 'murder' (I volunteered because I'm a CSI geek and plus it puts me in the techers good books.

So anyway I ran the Geology station and I had to show the kids how to compare soil samples by identifying microfossils in the chalk in the soil and it was all going well until one kid asked me a question about the subject and we were talking for a while, and then I told him 'it's a relativly easy subject if you're looking for something to complement heavier science subjects and all we really do is look at fossils and rocks and do a few notes before the exam'

Then a voice from behind me went 'oh really, is that all you do?'

I turned and it was the bloody principle who I'd never met before and I'd just told a prospective student to choose a course because it was easy and we didn't do much work. I could feel myself turning bright red and it was really awkward, and I feel bad for my Geology teacher, I hope he doesn't get the repercussions of what I said :S