Stella/Melina #5: Queen of Hearts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys I edited my last post and gor rid of the link so just go to the pic thread to check them out!

I love Stella/Melina's curls :)

Go to youtube and check out this Melina vid I found it's called Tribute to Melina Kanakaredes

Aww, she's got a tribute vid? that is so awesome, she really deserves one.

She's got cute curls, I can never get my hair to do curls except when it rains, damnit!

Stella, your right it really looks like that could be an eppy pic instead of Melina. :D

CathStokes said:
She's got cute curls, I can never get my hair to do curls except when it rains, damnit!

Hey Cath! That is sooo funny! :lol: For me, it's completely the opposite! If I had my hair curled and then it rains, it's sayonara curls! They droop and collapse so fast because of the dampness! Ah, indeed, vanity is my favorite sin. :D :lol: Totally love Melina's gorgeous curls! ;)

Thanks Nat for posting about a Melina video tribute on YouTube. :)

mandy kinky hair? :lol: that wasn't what i expected LMAO. blegh. my mum would faint if i had my hairs curled XD i could see her face now :p

natty a tribute vid eh? gots to see this. >_<

LOL same here but mine's more of a bush. :rolleyes: well, ok, it's almost always a bush. *gg* dont we just envy Melina's curls? i think its one of her sexy traits ^_^ :lol:

Totally kinky hair. :lol: There's this genetic trait in my Dad's family where most of the women/girls have really straight hair and when puberty hits, hair becomes kinky, I swear! In my generation, my sister, another cousin and myself were the only fortunate ones who got spared that agony. The funny thing is it's my older brother who had gorgeous curls like Melina's...He didn't have his first haircut until he was two and people thought he was a girl...Of course now, his hair is very short and sometimes he shaves it off...Oh well! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Definitely envy Melina's lovely curls! :)

Yeah, we enhy Melina's curls :rolleyes: But I have my doubts on wheter they would look good on me or not? It's kind or weird to imagine. I think they're the one person where they fit better :) She looks so gorgeous with them, she looks so gorgeous anyway

Melina has a tribute video? I gotta check that out soon.

Did I hear a scream for curls? :lol: Well, okay, here they come again :rolleyes: :lol:

Can I say gorgeous? :D Maybe stunning is better? :p

Hey Sor, thanks for posting another picture of Stella/Melina...Love the curls! I wish they were mine! :lol: ;) :lol:

She's looking absolutely radiant as always. Lovely, lovely photo. Thanks Soraya!

I found this again & I figure I'd share it. It's Melina's cheese pie recipe from roughly 15 years ago:

Melina Kanakaredes' very easy tiropita (greek cheese pies)

Categories: Greek Pie/tart Cheese/eggs Crab/shrimp
Yield: 20 servings
1 pack Feta cheese (8 oz)
1 can Ricotta cheese (15 oz)
2 large Eggs
1 pounds Baby shrimp, or large shrimp cut into bite-size pieces
Fresh dill to taste
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1 pack Frozen won-ton skins (20)
2 Egg whites, beaten
4 teaspoon Either canola oil, corn oil, or whipped salad dressing

Blend feta cheese, ricotta cheese, and eggs together until creamy. Add shrimp, then dill, salt, and pepper to taste. Brush each defrosted won ton skin with beaten egg whites to keep from sticking. Spread 1 teaspoon of shrimp-and-cheese mixture ont each skin. Heat oil in frying pan. Fold skins in half and fry for 5 minutes on each side, or until golden.

&

When Melina Kanakaredes visits her family in Akron, Ohio, the first stop on her list is her uncles' candy store, Temo's Candy. "I'm 25 years old, and I still run straight to the caramel table at the candy store," says the actress, who plays the newly engaged Eleni on CBS's GUIDING LIGHT. "Everyone in my family has the cavities to prove we grew up working in a candy store." Kanakaredes may have grown up toiling at Temo's Candy, but not always with the sweet smell of success: "I failed peanut clusters 101, so my uncles relegated me to the role of putting paper candy-cups on trays. Still, I got to eat chocolates while I was doing it." And though Kanakaredes never mastered the art of concocting sweet confections, the newly married actress IS fond of making ethnic specialties with her husband, fellow Greek Peter Constantinedes. Together, they make everything from spanakopita to moussaka and tsatsiki. Kanakaredes says her grandmother Areti is particularly proud of the actress's daytime profession. "She used to listen to GUIDING LIGHT when it was on the radio in the late 1930s," says Kanakaredes. "But she laughs at my character, who is a Greek immigrant, and says, 'Why you talk broken English?' I tell her 'Grandma, you know that the way YOU speak.' Eleni's been in America a while now, so thank goodness I can lighten up her accent."

Source

The article makes me giggle everytime I read it.

-then in "The Closer", there's the cute nice dialogue with Mac (needless to say I love this scene ):
Stella: (Stella is speaking in Greek) Pou eisai esi vre file? Skeftesei kati kai ksero pou thelis na me to pis
Mac: And in English?
Stella: What the hell’s buggin ya, Mac?
Mac: Fwoo… Sounds so much better in Greek.
Stella: Yeah, most things do. (she smiles)

Hey guys :)

I know you pretty much translated the dialogue but sth was left out..actually Stella tells him ..."sth is bugging you and i know you want to tell me about it" (im from greece so i thought id help :D )

Sor ,you can say that again.She sure is a beautiful woman..Her curls make her somewhat...special! ;)..

Thanks Mina ...Nice name,by the way! :p

glam_chic86 said:
She's looking absolutely radiant as always. Lovely, lovely photo. Thanks Soraya!

I found this again & I figure I'd share it. It's Melina's cheese pie recipe from roughly 15 years ago:

Melina Kanakaredes' very easy tiropita (greek cheese pies)

Categories: Greek Pie/tart Cheese/eggs Crab/shrimp
Yield: 20 servings
1 pack Feta cheese (8 oz)
1 can Ricotta cheese (15 oz)
2 large Eggs
1 pounds Baby shrimp, or large shrimp cut into bite-size pieces
Fresh dill to taste
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1 pack Frozen won-ton skins (20)
2 Egg whites, beaten
4 teaspoon Either canola oil, corn oil, or whipped salad dressing

Blend feta cheese, ricotta cheese, and eggs together until creamy. Add shrimp, then dill, salt, and pepper to taste. Brush each defrosted won ton skin with beaten egg whites to keep from sticking. Spread 1 teaspoon of shrimp-and-cheese mixture ont each skin. Heat oil in frying pan. Fold skins in half and fry for 5 minutes on each side, or until golden.

&

When Melina Kanakaredes visits her family in Akron, Ohio, the first stop on her list is her uncles' candy store, Temo's Candy. "I'm 25 years old, and I still run straight to the caramel table at the candy store," says the actress, who plays the newly engaged Eleni on CBS's GUIDING LIGHT. "Everyone in my family has the cavities to prove we grew up working in a candy store." Kanakaredes may have grown up toiling at Temo's Candy, but not always with the sweet smell of success: "I failed peanut clusters 101, so my uncles relegated me to the role of putting paper candy-cups on trays. Still, I got to eat chocolates while I was doing it." And though Kanakaredes never mastered the art of concocting sweet confections, the newly married actress IS fond of making ethnic specialties with her husband, fellow Greek Peter Constantinedes. Together, they make everything from spanakopita to moussaka and tsatsiki. Kanakaredes says her grandmother Areti is particularly proud of the actress's daytime profession. "She used to listen to GUIDING LIGHT when it was on the radio in the late 1930s," says Kanakaredes. "But she laughs at my character, who is a Greek immigrant, and says, 'Why you talk broken English?' I tell her 'Grandma, you know that the way YOU speak.' Eleni's been in America a while now, so thank goodness I can lighten up her accent."

Source

The article makes me giggle everytime I read it.

Ummmmm...food...yummy food...thanks for posting the recipe! :) It actually made my mouth water! :lol: :lol: I love food. I love to cook and eat as well! :lol: :D :lol: I love Greek food...I so love moussaka, tsatsiki and gyros...Can't get enough of them. Thanks for posting the article as well. :D :D

Dims said:
-then in "The Closer", there's the cute nice dialogue with Mac (needless to say I love this scene ):
Stella: (Stella is speaking in Greek) Pou eisai esi vre file? Skeftesei kati kai ksero pou thelis na me to pis
Mac: And in English?
Stella: What the hell’s buggin ya, Mac?
Mac: Fwoo… Sounds so much better in Greek.
Stella: Yeah, most things do. (she smiles)

Hey guys :)

I know you pretty much translated the dialogue but sth was left out..actually Stella tells him ..."sth is bugging you and i know you want to tell me about it" (im from greece so i thought id help :D )

Wow! Someone who can understand and speak Greek! :) Could you please write the whole Greek phrase again? Pretty please? Hehehe! How would it look like if you wrote it in the Greek alphabet? (It's all Greek to me! pun intended! :lol: :lol: :lol:)

Wow! Someone who can understand and speak Greek! :) Could you please write the whole Greek phrase again? Pretty please? Hehehe! How would it look like if you wrote it in the Greek alphabet? (It's all Greek to me! pun intended! :lol: :lol: :lol:)

No problem!!!

Well the whole dialogue is not very different from what was posted earlier!

Stella:Where have you been my friend?U are thinking of sth and i know u want to tell me about it that is the exact dialogue and in greek it would be written

edited cause i wrote it in greek but apparently the system does not support greek characters and some numbers and symbols came out :confused:

anything else u are gonna need let me know!!! :D

Bummer!

Hey Dims, thanks for trying though :) ...You're right numbers and symbols came out...Saw the gibberish in my e-mail. If isn't much of a hassle, maybe you can post a URL link for the phrase written in the Greek alphabet. :D :D

At the top of my head, the only words in Greek that I know that I can recall right now are...Kyrie for Mister or Lord (my Catholic upbringing shining through! hahaha! :lol: :lol:)...agape (the root word 'philo-' comes to mind too) for love...calista for beautiful or most beautiful (Am I right?)...sophia for wisdom...I know that I know some more Greek words but I can't remember them right now...Oh well. :) :lol:

By the way, how do you say 'thank you' in Greek? How about curls? gorgeous? lovely? sexy? olive oil? (things associated with Stella)

murder? crime scene? dead body? (things associated with the show)

food? wine? shopping? clothes? books? television? (things I love) :lol: :lol: :lol:

OH, mandy, I'm so glad to know that I am not the only one who is somewhat interested in greek, listening to it and all that. I think it sounds so beautiful and different. I like it :) Tough I don't understand a word.

Dims, thank you for your help. When I posted the entire dialogue, I took it from tv.com, and as they usually don't have mistakes in their transcriptions, I am assuming that in the episode, she didn't say exactly the same thing in greek and then english. If that made any sense :rolleyes:

Mina, thank you for the recipe and the article. I had never read it, I love her family stories, they are always so cute. I could even try the recipe, but it has shrimp, so it's a no-no for me :rolleyes:

Soraya, thank you for the Melina's curls dose of the day ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back