Spoilers For Season 3-You've Been Warned!

:lol: Oh, MrsG! I am all for the writers going the D/F route. At least those two definitely have chemistry but I'm just gonna smirk and keep this kinda talk back to where it belongs :D

I was just posting in the Shipper thread about the accuracy of these spoilers. So it's true eh? Not happy about this. Not happy at all. Plus, what are we watching anyway? A crime show or General Hospital: The Forensics Dept? Is there any hope at all that this nonsense be scrapped off the storyboard? Any at all? Sense of deja vu here over the Aiden storyline in S2 and see where that got me :rolleyes:

*bangs head on keyboard*

chem·is·try n. : Mutual attraction or sympathy; rapport

Um. Yeah. Where is that in this show? Because I can't find it.

It sounds to me like that ending to episode 3 is the TPTB's way to end the D/L issue. Or at least, give a resolution that'll appease most fans, including the D/L shippers. Sure, the D/L shippers certainly won't be happy that Lindsay literally rejects Danny, but at least, the shippers will always have the benefit of the doubt. And non-shippers can be happy knowing the TPTB won't be shoving the ship into viewers' faces anymore.

Well. That's my theory on it anyway.

As I've mentioned before ... Higher ratings = Putting bad mojo and drama between characters. There's no such thing as a happy ending where drama shows and high ratings are concerned.

And I'm sorry. I totally laughed when I read the bit about Danny asking Lindsay about their 'chemistry'. :p

Danny's a Stone Cold Playa. Period. That's my opinion. So, my shock or surprise with regards to DL. If they hook up or not, I won't give a bleep but what maters for me is that there are more scenes for Hawkes. I want to see progress. I'm following the Hawkes Underdog Story -> Okay, I made that up. But still... I want more Hawkes! A character I could relate too. Because in life, I don't always get the upperhand. Same with Hawkes. What does that mean? A favorite character!

I think TPTB are teasing us or testing us. Hopefully they're not stupid enough to ruin a great show with such a lame ship. I agree with MrsG and celefinwe, if they're gonna ship someone make it Danny and Flack. At least they have chemistry. Lots of chemistry.

You know what'd be nice? To come to this board every once in a while and not be bombarded by posts in which people are complaining about Danny/Lindsay or Lindsay. That would be nice. That would be so nice.

Anyway. Episode 4 is called Hung Out to Dry, according to IMDB. Speculate accordingly.

^^But when the spoilers are about D/L they are gonna get commented about whether you like the ship or not. That's all we've been told except that Flack is in the season premiere. When are we gonna get spoilers about other things?

Kimmychu said:
It sounds to me like that ending to episode 3 is the TPTB's way to end the D/L issue. Or at least, give a resolution that'll appease most fans, including the D/L shippers.

Well, it's not gonna appease me (NOT a DL shipper! argh). I just see it as a betrayal to Danny's character. from what we've seen, Lindsay was the pursuer, prying about information while investigating Aiden's murder, batting her eyelashes hearing about the "crush", cornering him every chance she got (just thinking about those scenes makes me cringe). Not to mention, that it is Danny who is the babe in this "pairing" and it'd be logical for her to chase after him. What I want to see is him turning her down once and for all. Or even better, to see this whole idea buried deep and forgotten. One can wish, right? :/

Any word yet on what'll happen to Flack? Will he be out of the hospital right away or will he still be in a coma for the first few episodes? I pray to God that we get another episodes that focuses on him or Hawkes before we get another one that revolves around Danny. No offence though.

But when the spoilers are about D/L they are gonna get commented about whether you like the ship or not.

Which is nice and dandy, but when it gets to the point where people are merely repeating the same thing over and over again it's a hassle for those of us who merely don't care, or are trying to actually find spoilers. D/L isn't the only thing that's been mentioned, and most the posts regarding those spoilers are not speculative. "I can't believe the writers are doing this. This is the worst ship ever. I will never watch this show again if Danny and Lindsay hook up. I will kill my cat and mail its carcass to TPTB if D/L happens." I mean, really, how do you respond to that? Where's the potential for discussion? No one has even speculated why Danny is pissed in the new episode. People are just complaining, again, about another D/L scene. I get it. I get it. I REALLY get it. You guys hate D/L. I get it. I promise, I get it.

It's been revealed Stella will have a hard time dealing with the death of Frankie during the new season. That stuff seems much more interesting to me, but no one seems to be interested in having a discussion about it, and when someone brings it up (jorja_fan86 did in the last thread) it seems people ignore it. There's a new detective, and Flack is back on the job, and what about the possibilities of him having a hard time adjusting to the job? Will there be traces of PTSD?

I mean, it's fine if people wanna wank every once in a while, but God, this board used to be a joy to visit, because it was filled with great discussions. It doesn't seem like that anymore.

Well, even though I complain about D/L I certainly won't stop watching the show if it becomes canon. The show is CSI:NY, not the D/L variety hour and there are other characters to focus on, such as Stella & Hawkes. Speaking of which...

I will be super pissed off if the writers decide to drop the whole Frankie & Stella ordeal. Hello, she was humilated & beaten up by her ex! Don't forget that she killed him in pure self defence. I guess experiencing all that does nothing to your personality and the way you act around others right? Most people I know would have trouble fuctioning in daily life if something trumatic like that happened to them. Sure, Stella may seem tough on the exterior but on the inside she's breaking down. To have someone you love & trust like that hurts. It frigging hurts like a bitch. So if Stella acts all happy & normal all through S3 something is wrong on the writers part. Seeing her acting like life is all dandy is a way of covering & bottling her up feelings and the Stella I know always expresses her emotions whether it be tears of sadness or moments of rage. She has to let it out otherwise she'll make herself mentally ill in the end. Stella is my favourite character for a reason. She's normal. She's human. Situations like this happen to innocent & normal human beings such as Stella so hopefully we'll see her act out on her sorrow in a healthy way. This is something you just cannot ignore. You just can't.

*shrugs* Ah well. We'll all only know for sure how things go when the new season starts and the episodes go on air. Either way, I'm interested to see how the writers will deal with all the situations left untied from season 2. I certainly agree on more Flack-centric and Hawkes-centric episodes. Hawkes love is sadly low on the show. I mean, the guy is hawt. Look at those lips of his!

As for the D/L spoiler, I guess it's an interesting twist since Danny has always been portrayed as the guy who seems to jump from one woman to another. And now that he likes someone ... he is, as the title of the episode suggests, hung to dry. :p Getting a taste of rejection on his part for once, perhaps? I don't see Danny as a guy who takes rejection well either, Mr. Drama Queen that he is. It's gonna be entertaining to watch how he'll deal with that too.

All I hope about that is that the writers won't turn him into some super-emo guy who's all, "Noooo, I've been rejected, I'll go cut myself now and feel sorry for myself!" Blegh. :rolleyes:

I for one HOPE that the aforementioned spoiler is true. It is obvious that the writers have indeed been tinkering with a D/L romance throughout Season II. It is also obvious that as many ppl would like to see a D/L romance there ARE just as many ppl who don't see it as believable. This is the best route the writers can take to resolve the situation & restore the D/L relationship to the beginnings of Season II when there WAS a passion (or chemistry) of sorts b/w the two characacters -- he hazed her & their nasty comments were FUN to watch. If L. turns D. down as it is rumored to be in epiosde 3, Season III, then the writers now have fodder to have love-hate dialogue again -- that awkwardness of L. turning down Danny can prove to be some great bittnerness to watch! I'll definitely stay tuned if this is the case!

-irene

It's not that I don't want to post spoilers about the other characters, it's just that there aren't any available right now. There's absolutely no mention so far of Flack's or Stella's PTSD, nothing really interesting besides these bits about D/L.

That of course doesn't mean they're not addressing the issue, they might be in the portions of scripts that are not available.

Hung Out To Dry is episode 4. Danny's confrontation is in episode 3.

What I would love to see regarding Stella's storyline is some kind of repercussion. I mean, I find it hard to believe she was never questioned (other than Flack, who is a friend and very much biased) by the authorities. No, I don't necessarily want them to throw her in jail, but I'd like to see the legal ramifications of what happened.

But I'm thinking Melina was refering to the emotional aspect of the storyline.

Back