Spoiler Rumors: What We Are Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can talk about ship debates over at the GREAT SHIP DEBATE thread in Shipper Central :D

Anyway, someone asked if there had been anything said about GSR if Sara lived. I think Naren Shankar said there'd be some serious ramifictations of Sara's relationship with Grissom. I believe csifiles has the article posted somewhere. I shall look for it.

ETA: Here it is: Naren Shankar says it's not over

Shankar said that Sara's situation will have some significant ramifications for her relationship with Grissom.

GameFace said:
Irreplacable characters? you know, I think only Billy Petersen comes into that category. I just think his character (and him as an actor), is so strong, and so different to anything else on TV, that if he went, then that'd be it. I can't imagine the show being anywhere near as good. He really is an unique leading man as far as TV drama goes.

The others - personally, I'd hate to see Marg or Jorja leave, as after Billy, I think those two are the other real strong characters. Jim Brass as well, he's just great. Sorry to say, for me, Nick, Greg and Warwick are the characters that could leave and I really wouldn't be at all bothered. Nothing against them, but in comparison to Gil and his two leading ladies, they just don't have the same depth.

The best arc of the entire S/ was the Keppler arc - where Gil was nowhere to be seen.

Nick and Warrick are the main reason for me watching the show, just because these characters are real. No over the top intelligence, human problems and an onscreen presence that nobody neats. Warrick has the streetsmarts - Nick has the intuitive intelligence.

GE is the only actor with the ability to send sparks flying with everyone he plays off. Not even WP can pull that off, MH can but it is usually foremost witin sexual context. Cath has turned out to be a travesty of the single, sex-needing female that has to flaunt inmates to get her cases solved.

Greg had it too, before they flattened him out to become a CSI. ES has so much more to give than what he is allowed to right now, being forced to solely interact with JF and WP. Look at Fallen Idols and how GE and ES played off each other in the scenes.

WP just looks tired of it all right now. There's no soul in his playoff with JF, none at all. It's simply serving a scene like expected. He was funny before, now he just comes off as a middle aged hypocirite. Different? Oh no, a stereotype if any. I'd wish he'd pack and go - taking gSR with him.

Paul Gilfoyle should preplace Gil and we'd have a much better show for it.

If WP left CSI, they lose an Executive Producer too, so I think that the impact would be huge. And WP would leave if Jorja left because it would devestated the shows credibility and it would be CBS that killed it.
Grissom would have nowhere to go but a downward spiral. WP has invested much time into GSR and has said he would want them to leave together. They would have been revealed much sooner but for Billy being called away for a
family emergency, so the episode had to be re-written.

It would also kill the show because Jorja is a much loved member of the cast and to see her fired over a salary dispute,again would kill the relationship with CBS. (Jorja is supposed to get a raise every two years and the cast now that. They were upset enough in 2004 to not show up in support of Jorja and George.)
A bitter, angry cast do not make for a good season of work,especially as they could be next and CBS would be hurt by it too. Remember Emily Procter in CSI Miami is one of Jorja's best friends too.

If anyone of this present cast left it would hurt the show because it is such a tight, happy cast, which is unusual in there business. ER survived without George Clooney, but its declined since Anthony Edwards and Noah Wyle have left and Grey's Anatomy and CSI have left them for dust in the ratings. Tight casting and good story telling has given it international fame.
I would stuggle to watch it without Jorja because her firing would be unjust and it would to be like "Rocket" Ramono in ER being killed off by a helicopter falling on him which was a very bad idea.

And WP would leave if Jorja left because it would devestated the shows credibility and it would be CBS that killed it.
Grissom would have nowhere to go but a downward spiral. WP has invested much time into GSR and has said he would want them to leave together. They would have been revealed much sooner but for Billy being called away for a
family emergency, so the episode had to be re-written.

Honestly...I don't think GSR holds much for the show, except for more negativity--and the show would be better off without it. Secondly...WP's character did not want GSR out in the open...he even said that. I think too much emphasize is being placed on a very bland romance. Not to mention...WP is not on the show just for JF! We actually have a beautiful cast...which include many other talented actors and actresses.

other than that...I can't wait to see the ramifications that Grissom and Sara will encounter for their relationship if she should live. Will grissom have to step down from his perch? I hope so...I find his character so hard to watch currently...it's too dry and almost robotic.

Uh, csicathwillows, where does it say Melinda Clark will make another appearance? MC is on her own show this fall.

she probably said that b/c i think originally in the script LH was supposed to die

Lady Heather was never scripted to die. That was a rumor that had floated around the site.

Billy is an Executive Producer both he and Jorja are vocal in how their characters developed. He has said in recent interviews that he likes the GSR development, they both do.
And he did when it developed too. http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2006/05/solving_the_mys.html
http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2006/09/post.html
The point about Jorja being vital to the show is because she is vital to the team morale, if she gets fired by CBS, then the rest of the team will be very unhappy and that is what will kill CSI, if the cast lose their love for their work
because CBS fired their much loved friend. And as a result are unhappy with TPTB of CBS, that is deadly. Contract re-newel and that is supposed to come with a pay-rise, that is how Hollywood works and if CBS can do this to Jorja, then nobody is safe in the CSI castings. If any of them got fired it would hurt the show but Jorja seems to be very much loved by her cast mates.
George Eades recently said they would be in a lot of trouble without Jorja, when they were in Chicago.
BTW: It was Marg that said they did a no-show when George and Jorja got fired in the last time, they would fight for her again. Though Catherine would be just as strong without Sara, Marg would not be happy working in the atmosphere of a cast mate being fired.

lucyj0720 I put my response to you're thread in the Returning Stars, show thread.

RE: the lady heather, I think there was mention of it in her thread.

Last but not least again this thread is for the rumored spoilers of Episodes, the actor/actress conversation can take place in either the returning thread mentioned above, or said actor/actress thread.

To me the only episodes I couldn't tolerate were the 4 with that Keppler character, he was beyond boring, and the team seemed confused , baffeled, and there was friction amonst them all, thatk gawd he's gone, and when Grissom returned I was thrilled, and the GSR romance is adding such spice to the show, all the other shows on TV have romance, and now we do too! & they're awesome :p together, and from all the hints and clues circulating, it seems to be to big hugh hints and clues on "EVERYONE" will be returning for S/8" from Jorja to Billy her stating " as far as I know everyone will be coming back for S/8" and he stated the ohter night at his CUBS game they 'start filming in July" and he didn't seem concerned or have any type angst in his behavior/deameanor, and she {Jorja} was just with all of them in Chicago at the CSI Expierence .. all positive signs of them ALL returning ;)

sarahvma said:
Uh, csicathwillows, where does it say Melinda Clark will make another appearance? MC is on her own show this fall.

she probably said that b/c i think originally in the script LH was supposed to die

Lady Heather was never scripted to die. That was a rumor that had floated around the site.

I read in the June 4 issues of in touch. they had I where is the rest of O.C. cast now and it said that Melinda Clarke was going to reprising on CSI next season.

pabzi said: They start in August I heard.
Take Me Out To The Ballgame
The cast of CSI is currently on hiatus from filming. "o I get to come to a few Cubs games, which is great," Petersen said. "We start up again in July, so they give us about nine weeks off, which is great." The vacation gives the cast a chance to visit with their families and, of course, to "see some baseball."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back