**Spoiler Lab** Season 7 - Get Your Daily Fix!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Dec 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Hey, is there any mention of any physical fall out from Calleigh's brush with death in 7.14? I read up on what Alexx said she had and it's pretty bad, okay, mostly fatal. I treated quickly and properly, patients usually make a slow but full recovery with mild lasting physical effects. Are the writers going for any continuity on this?

2. me.fergie

me.fergie Hit and Run

I'd like to see something more of that too, and who knows, maybe we'll get it... The writers actually mentioned Ryan's eyeproblems a few times (though I still think there wasn't enough of continuity on that, as after his visit at the eyedoctor they only mentioned it in the season 4 final, and then never again), and Delko is still struggling from the gunshot wound to his head... so my guess is there's gonna be something... But as far as I know, nothing has been mentioned so far...

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  3. gottaluvcsi

gottaluvcsi Police Officer

I personally hope the writers continue this. After all, they followed Eric's physical effects. Maybe it will come up in the next ep. or possibly 7x19 or 7x20...or who knows, maybe it will be just completely random!

4. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

There is no mention of it in any spoiler we have had so far, it would be quite realistic since as you said, the pathology was really serious. She should at least use an inhaler and avoid strenuos activity like her morning run and too many hours working...her body should need some time to recover after a trauma like that. She was not breathing on her own, it's not like falling with flu!

5. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

That's exactly it. It isn't a little case of the sniffles. According to the websites I visited, she would most likely be in ICU for up to a week before being moved to a special unit that dealt with pulmonary cases with a highly trained staff. She'd be in that unit for a good week to ten days or longer, depending on her recovery befor finally being released and there would be a mandatory time spent at home before being allowed to go back to work.

I'm really hoping that there'll be a passing mention in a few episodes. Maybe she'll cough and that look of alram will cross whomever she with's features and they'll ask if she's okay. Or she'll try to chase down a suspect and have to stop, sending whomever is partnering with her after the bad guy as she's leaning against something all winded.

Okay, I don't klnow if the previous paragraph belonged in spoiler code or not since I'm only throwing my own ideas out there. Sorry if it should have been.

6. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I haven't seen any mention of any lasting affects her ordeal might have had on her but that doesn't mean anything b/c I don't see everything. Ryan went back to work fairly quickly after his eye injury and I don't think, not sure here, if his eye problem was mentioned in the ep directly after or one or two eps later. :confused: Eric's injury was more serious therefore, it was mentioned in the ep right after.

Corey told me that 715 was soooo jam packed b/c Diddy was only available for a short period of time and there was soo much going on in the ep that it did feel weird not contunuing with the ongoing storyline from the previous ep. He said there was just no way that they could get certain stuff in there b/c of time constraints

715 was such a stand alone ep in the sense that NO theme or situation from the ongoing storyline of the season was mentioned....it stood on its own. It was an ep solely about the case and the forensics, nothing else. I think it still worked b/c of the fact that nothing at all from the season thus far, was mentioned. Had one or two things that happened previously been mentioned in the ep and THAT left out, then I think it would have been weird. But again, b/c nothing was mentioned, the ep was just able to stand on its own and deliver.

7. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

I think there's going to be too much drama the rest of the season for them to follow up on anything. At most, there might be future references to her ordeal. -bummer-

8. CalleighEric

CalleighEric Police Officer

I do understand them having to move things along quickly for Diddy, but still...I guess he's an okay singer and actor, but they dont need to make this entire thing revolve around him :rolleyes:..Oh well...:rolleyes:

I'm hoping that we do get some kind of follow up with calleigh. I'm starting to not like how something happens in one episode, and then there is no follow up the next. That isn't how it happens in the real world. But, I'm guessing the writers always have plans for future episodes, so we'll just hav to wait and see :)

9. KylesAngel

KylesAngel Victim

I too was wondering why they did not follow up on Calleigh's injury right after 7.14 oh well as long as she's going to be alright

10. CalleighEric

CalleighEric Police Officer

Try to remember to have 3 lines of text :)

I think she'll be fine, though. I know that the season finale has somethign that will change the lives of the CSIs forever. My guess? There's either a wedding, a death, someone quits, or moves.

I'm sure that they'll be some kind up follow up with Calleigh though. After erics shooting, ryans eye, marissols death...theres always been a follow up. Since it is towards the end of the season, theyll probably be soom kind of something in a future episode. :D

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I sure hope that there is not a death,someone leaving or moving.I hope whatever it is will be positive . There seems there is to be a lot of excitment in the episodes even before the finale so maybe all the changes that effect the CSI's occur before then,if that makes sense.

12. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Yeah, I can understand that they wanted the Sean Combs episode to be a stand alone, but it was badly placed in the season. They could have easily filmed it and held it back a few episodes and then aired it. But, who knows? With what we know to happen with Eric in 7.16, there may be a method to their madness. I just really, really want a little follow-up on Calleigh. Even we fic writers are researching and writing follow-up stories. If we, non-professionals can do it, the paid help can.

13. Megan930

Megan930 Rookie

Maybe her condition will be mentioned when she gets attacked and her gun is taken. While she is fighting back she might become short of breath and thats when the Russian has the advantage to take her gun away. Hopefully someone will ask her how she is feeling.

14. greatfan

greatfan Captain

It sounds as if Ryan,Kyle and maybe Julia will also have problems coming up.I wonder if their problems will be followed up ? Ryan has serious problems coming up in episode 20.It sounds as if Horatio will need to rescue or protect Kyle from something or someone.These are the stories I'm really interested in and hope there is follow up to.

15. KylesAngel

KylesAngel Victim

I too am wondering what they mean by it will change the CSI'S lives forever. I sure hope no one is going to die or move away or get transfered to another crime lab. I do hope it's positive like Eric and Calleigh getting married or something. Season sixes finale was good so that have to give us a wonderful season seven finale. But I'm hoping nothing happens and we have to mourn the death of a CSI. I am so attached to the characters that I would absolutely die myself.

Maybe it does have something to do with Ryan because he is getting some serious story-lines coming up I know 7.20 is supposed to be good and all about him.... Also Horatio might have to save Kyle, maybe from Julia and her "Erratic" behavior. Her behavior might be out of control and she gets in trouble with someone major, maybe in the russian mob since that seems to be the theme of this season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.