"Spellbound" Discussion **Beware Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm curious... does anyone know the song that was playing at the start of the episode....I think it might be on the promo too but I can't make out any words or anything...I'd appricate any kinda help. I know that Chris Fullman does the music piece now and again, I really wish it was possible to get detailed info on all the episodes?

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Got me I live in Ohio (with Directv) and I seen "Spellbound" my guess would be whom ever your provider is could be the reason, at one point "Weeping willows" was suppost to repeat, then they (the network) changed that and put this new one in.

3. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

Well, I work nights, and I didn't record the show tonight because tvguide.com said it was WW. I'm so mad that I probably missed Spellbound.

4. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

i am in canada, in the eastern time zone, and i got the new ep....

i liked it, i thought the case wasn't that great, especially the evidence they used to arrest the guy, that was pretty weak...but loved greg and grissom together, they are great!

the ending scene is a great example of what csi will lose if grissom is gone. he is always there to remind us about the science and give us some words of wisdom...i don't believe any other character can do that.

lol, i forgot to mention the HAT!! it was back :lol:

5. Guest

Guest Guest

lmfao Oh yes. Grissom was really stylin in this ep.

I loved the storyline of this ep, like I said in the greg thread, being a diviner made the ep all the more enjoyable. Also seeing Greg's eagerness to work on the case because of his background made me love greg all the more. :) I also liked how grissom tried to balance greg, make sure that he doesn't forget about the science. The show also had some really great one liners, and great character interaction, which I think was missing from the episode before. It still didn't have the full CSI punch to it, but it's definitely one of the better episodes this season.

6. Sirea

Sirea CSI Level One

Ahh, it was nice to see the old Greggo again. He had some of the best lines in the episode (except for Brass' "do you need music?" comment :lol: ) Loved the fact that it was those same two bimbos from the head in the trunk case who found the dead psychic. :p

The end was really interesting, because I believe in the whole "Summerland" concept. Some of the references bothered me a little, although I have experimented with pendulums and of course Tarot cards (getting quite good at them, actually). But I know that they can't always represent a case to please everyone. But I am well aware that there are those out there just profiting on people's skepticism (late-night psychic informercials anyone? :p)

That's weird that some of you got a rerun, especially since I'm on the East Coast as well, and I got the new episode. Hmm... :confused:

7. beautiful_loser

beautiful_loser Pathologist

I got the same thing as some of the others. Spellbound was what was showing, but pretty much everywhere it said that the episode was going to be Weeping Willows. I knocked it up to Cogeco Cable being--well, Cogeco Cable, notorious for making mistakes in scheduling.

8. Sirea

Sirea CSI Level One

Well, I have satellite, so maybe that made a difference somehow. :confused:

9. ford_prefect

ford_prefect CSI Level Two

First of all, would anyone mind telling me what the last couple of lines were? My station cut to a commercial for a second and I missed the very end.

I really enjoyed this episode. Not one of my favorites from the season, but it was definitely good.

I thought only Catherine and Doc Robbins knew about Grissom's ear surgery? I guess he probably had to take some time off though, so maybe everyone knows. *shrugs*

It seemed like Grissom was really down on Greg throughout this episode. I don't know if it was the way Greg kind of snuck into the case, his overeagerness, that he was jumping to conclusions, or some combination, but it just seemed like Grissom didn't want him to be involved. When Catherine stated that she had wanted to work on the Wallace case 15 years earlier, but her supervisor, Grissom I presume, wouldn't let her, I thought that was meant to parallel Grissom's unwillingness to let Greg work on the current case. It also reminded me of how hard Nick had to work before Grissom finally trusted him enough to work solo. The difference here being that Greg was more persistent and wasn't going to allow himself to be held back. Interesting to see that Grissom hasn't really changed.

ETA: I forgot to say that I did love all the Greg/Grissom interaction, as always.

Also, I didn't even notice the straw hat. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. :lol:

10. beautiful_loser

beautiful_loser Pathologist

It was a good episode, I'll admit that. I was kind of zoning out through a lot of it though. I think that he was kind of irritated that Greg did a switch on him with Warrick. Greg obviously had a bit more experience in this field than Grissom did, and I don't think Gil liked being second on that one a whole lot. Oh well--there was lots of him in this episode, and that's good enough for me.

11. nikfan

nikfan Rookie

Ok maybe you guys already told this, but I dont fill like reading all the thread, so I just wanna know where Nick and Sara were. I missed the first half and I was pretty sad that I didnt see Nicky :(

12. Guest

Guest Guest

ITA with you Ariela. This one was classic CSI-LV and there's nothing like this show. Language is strong, Grissom is strong (even if Greg didn't budge, Warrick did), and seeing all of them interacting with their day to day bantering, you believe these guys work as a team.

In last week Unusual Suspects, only the ending gave me some satisfaction. Spellbound had a weak ending but otherwise, take your pick : Hodges The Multitasker calling Greg and Warrick "slackers", Grissom telling Greg he may have a sixth sense but he still should use his five other senses, the suspect in the hospital saying to Vega "your face is melting", Catherine who's gonna have a roadtrip vacation to Disneyland with Sam, etc.

It wasn't a keeper kind of ep for me, like Gum Drops, but what a surprise : Nick used to be my favorite character and I never missed his pretty face or Sara the confused chick. So beware « young turks », Grissom is still the master… when he doesn’t wear the hat :lol:

13. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

Slightly X-Files-esque, Greg playing Mulder to Grissom's Scully. (Shippers picking up on double entendres: the pedestrian bridge to Shipper Central is ahead on your left...) I enjoyed the give and take, Grissom's insistance on keeping a foundation in the solid evidence balanced by Greg, fearless as ever, thinking outside the box. I thought they could have done more with the subject matter overall, but I did definitely enjoy the ep.

14. emdash

emdash Hit and Run

This was the most fun I've had watching an episode in a long time. It seems like the writers injected (briefly) more personal stuff into the dialogue that I think definitely grounded the episode. I want to know what Grissom went to a psychic for!

I completely missed the hearing reference. Can someone fill me in? But I did notice another small thing, so I feel a bit vindicated: After the singer autographed Grissom's case file (ah, Grissom, clueless as always), I think he tossed the pen. :lol:

And speaking of clueless, Hodges misunderstanding "tight suit" was priceless. But is "tight" even an "in" word anymore? Anyway, it was nice to see all the lab rats, probably, as someone pointed out, to highlight the whole science over mysticism aspect.

I didn't catch onto that while I was watching, but I think you're right. But I'm still not sure how to take Grissom's being short with Greg (if that's even what it was).

15. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

lol, hodges is so white