Speed/Rory #18 - A Different Shade of Badass

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Apr 16, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Apr 21, 2009.
  1. Speed/Rory: 'Always Watching Over Us'

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Speed/Rory: 'The Dead Has Risen'

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. Speed/Rory: 'The Dead Will Rise'

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. Speed/Rory: 'Welcome To The Company'

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Speed/Rory: 'I love Hotel Rooms; Body Fluids Everywhere'

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. Speed/Rory: 'Even Eric's Head Tells Us He's a Great CSI!'

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Speed/Rory: 'Solving Cases From The Beyond, Circa 07'

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Speed/Rory: 'A Different Shade of Badass'

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  9. Speed/Rory: 'Finally fired his gun!'

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  10. Speed/Rory: 'Greg Seaton or Is It Satan?'

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  11. Speed/Rory: 'Sometimes Bad is Hot!'

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

Amen! Finally someone understands what we've been saying all this time! :D Way to go Rory!

2. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Now that's what I like to hear :beer: We always knew that Rory is amazing... it's about time that everyone else figures it out too!

Although, I have to say, the only reviews I've heard for this movie haven't been good ones. That's too bad :( I've yet to see it for myself, though.

3. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

OH SNAP. :lol:

Thanks for sharing, Kristine! :D That totally just made my morning.

Yeah, I also heard that the critic reviews for the movie overall aren't all that good but neither were a good number of them for the new Transformers movie and it appeared to be generally well-received by the fans. I suspect it might be much the same for 'Public Enemies' -- a lot of people I've spoken to said they enjoyed it.

I still haven't seen it but hopefully I'll be able to catch it next week. At the very least, I'll rent it on DVD. :)

4. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

Well I loved the Movie And I loved what Little Rory Was in it ! I think it is a hell of alot better than what the critics said ! I thought it was great and I laughted and the whole thing and it was worth my Money and it will be worth my money for the DVD too!!

Way to go Rory ! I love it when he upstages the main Charators in the movie! He so deserves some better parts ! Heres to his phone ringing off the wall with movie offer!

I also thin the Actor that played S.A. Winton Stood out alot in the move although I can't remember who the actor was right now ! He was an awsome presence in the movie and I thought every tim he was in a scene with anyone he commanded the screen and over shadowed everone else! Just go see it or by the DVD you want be diappointed!

5. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

All I'm sayin' is "OMG, it was about time" LOL.
    Thank you so much for posting it and I'm really glad he's the first actor from Miami who recieves a review like this (at least this part and I don't care about the others).

Rory really deserves it :thumbsup:

6. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Happy to share the good reviews with you all! I saw Public Enemies again tonight and I have to say Rory was so great! I really got to focus on his character in his scenes this time and I could see a lot better! *hugs Rory*

You've got to see this! I've been researching the Dillinger story and Baum. Read the following about Baum:

"As they were preparing to leave, with Wanatka driving at gunpoint, another car arrived with two federal agents- W. Carter Baum and J.C. Newman, and a local constable, Carl Christensen. Nelson quickly took them by surprise at gunpoint and ordered them out of their car. As the driver, Newman, was getting out, Nelson- apparently detecting some false movement- opened fire with a custom-converted machine gun pistol, severely wounding Christensen and Newman and killing Baum. Nelson was later quoted as having said that Baum had him "cold" and couldn't understand why he hadn't fired. Baum's machine gun was found with the safety on."

Well, at least it wasn't cause his gun wasn't clean but weird!!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  7. Dragonfly

*Bounces* Y'all need to check out this post (beware of possible spoilers!)

Any thoughts?

8. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^ I saw it too! :D

Finally! Flashback episode that could possibly involve Speed! And judging by what Fay said, it's looking that way.

I honestly thought that after 'BBYD' we'd never see him again in any capacity so this is awesome. Here's to hoping if he's there, they don't cut him out last minute. :p This is of course assuming Rory would agree to reprise the role for this episode.

*does a little cautiously optomistic jig*

9. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I remembered reading that Rory said that at the PE premier in LA. And now with news of what is to happen with season 8 I wonder if they approached him about coming on for an episode or whatever to do flashbacks. Maybe he said no but can't talk about it cause obviously it is spoilerish. I would love to see Speed in flachbacks! That would be great! I love Rory! :adore:

10. Dragonfly

I would so love to see Speed back! Like Geni said, I never thought it would happen again, especially after BBYD. Dare we hope? *keeps fingers crossed* And... as I said in the other thread, it would be ridiculous to have Eric's first case without Speed there.

11. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

I have my fingers & Toes crossed for this to happen! Yay! What a happy day that would make me have to see him again! Ilove Rory and I wish I could see him more offten!.

12. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

So delkolover posted her spoiler in the spoiler thread....
    Rory Cochrane and Khandi Alexander are back. I don't know how is it possible right after they both said they weren't coming back, but all I can say is YAY :D :D :D .

It also looks like back in 1997 while Delko wasn't a CSI yet (since he'll be hired at the end by H) Ryan actually met Speedle (without actually knowing him) while he was entering the Academy for the first time. Speed was already a CSI whil Ryan was still a guy who wanted to be a cop.

Wonder what kind of interaction we're going to have between these two. I've always desired something like this and I really can't wait!!!!

13. Dragonfly

Maybe when Rory said "I am pretty sure that is it for me on that show" he meant after this? Well, anyway, I'm quite excited now. I really hope it all turn out to be true. It's great that Alexx will be back as well.

14. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

You know, I am thnkin that he actually meant the the only way we get to see Rory back on the show is as ghost/hallucination...only thanks to Delko's mind problems, we're gonna get the chance to see Speedle another time. This is it with him on the show.

As mcuh as I hate the whole context this plot is evolving around, I can't wait to see both Rory and Khandi back on the show. I really miss both of them and I do wish we're gonna have a great episode. Can't wait to see Speed in 1997 :lol:.

15. Dragonfly

Hmm... do you think they'll try to make Speed look more like he did in Cross Jurisdictions, or is that too much continuity for them? Honestly though, I won't be disappointed if they don't.