Speed/Rory #18 - A Different Shade of Badass

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Apr 16, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Apr 21, 2009.
  1. Speed/Rory: 'Always Watching Over Us'

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Speed/Rory: 'The Dead Has Risen'

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. Speed/Rory: 'The Dead Will Rise'

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. Speed/Rory: 'Welcome To The Company'

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Speed/Rory: 'I love Hotel Rooms; Body Fluids Everywhere'

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. Speed/Rory: 'Even Eric's Head Tells Us He's a Great CSI!'

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Speed/Rory: 'Solving Cases From The Beyond, Circa 07'

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Speed/Rory: 'A Different Shade of Badass'

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  9. Speed/Rory: 'Finally fired his gun!'

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  10. Speed/Rory: 'Greg Seaton or Is It Satan?'

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  11. Speed/Rory: 'Sometimes Bad is Hot!'

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

Hey Guys Final got on my Hubby's comeputer and got to see the Interview! I have fund 2 new Pics from the premier and I did 20 Screen caps from the interview and i have them Droped in my PhotoBucket Album Public Enemies. So if you want to look at them or get copies heres my link.

http://photobucket.com/SpeedlespaceDelkotime

P.S. What the heck is the deal with his voice! Have I just been in a fog and not heard it? I was like WTF? Rory Dude what gives? I still love you thought! lol!

2. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

Thanks for the link....Rory look sooooo good.:drool:

3. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Thanks Flash! I think maybe his voice was that he was probably straining or yelling a bit to be heard over all the noise.

4. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

Some more new yummy pics.:drool:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

calleighspeedle thanks for the interview and the pics :thumbsup:.

First of all I'm glad he's been interviewd on the red carpet for such an importnat movie. It really looks like he was absolutely right when he left CSI:Miami and he's having lots of great opportunities for his carreer. I'm just happy for him.

As for the interviews wow I've never heard Rory saying so many thigs on a single interview. Not to mention that some of them were sooo true like when he kept talking about the criminal and the period when the movie is set...I was really like "please go on :adore:". Too adorable!
    And what about his words for both Johnny Depp and the director (Micheal Mann)!!!!
    Yeah, I simply love this man and this interview!

Thanks also for the pics, to everyone. They are just great!

As for the other thing concernng Rory....
    I really don't know what to think. I mean it actually got me confused. He knows something and he's not going to be part of it, but he can't get into details? Oh boy!! This is just confusing :lol:.

6. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I know! He's usually not that talkative! It was great!

7. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

I really don't know what to think. I mean it actually got me confused. He knows something and he's not going to be part of it, but he can't get into details? Oh boy!! This is just confusing :lol:.

Is it possible that because Adam and Rory are such good friends Adam happened to give him an idea of what is happening for season 8 even though Rory is no longer involved with CSI M?? It might make sense because it is the beginning of July and all the balls sort to speak have started rolling on S8 script ideas/episodes?

8. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Yeah definetely. I was in awwww while watching that red carpet interview.

I'm going to put this in a spoiler box to be safe
    Honestly? I don't think so for 2 reasons:
    1) he kept talking referring to "they"
    2) I'm quite sure that even if they're buddies, AR can't talk about stuff like that even if the guy who talking with is....Rory Cochrane.
    I mean it wouldn't be that professional, IMHO, it would be as if an actor (in this case Adam) spoiled something about the show. I'm quite sure no one on the show is allowed to do such thing.

Anyway, I do wish Rory could come back, though I find it pretty impossible :(

9. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

All Right People ! Today is the big day! Public Enemies is now out for our Consumption and regurgitation! I plan on being in the theater on Saturday to watch this film and see if it lives up to my standards! (witch arn't much!) I hope that even if the movie tanks that Rory will be great in it as he usually plays his parts in anything with nothing but his usual style and grace!

If you go to see this flick before I get there, please come and tell us what you think about it! Most of the reviews i've read so far say the movie falls short, But hey I usually enjoy the movies that the reviewers trash ! I never trust the Hollywood review snobs cause I never can understand there so called taste in movies! I think they try to be to artsie fartsie for my taste! If it makes me laugh, cry or sit on the edge of my set, and love the charactors weather they are good or bad then its got my vote!

I guess I'll get to find out Saturday!

Now on to Rory ! I think Rory has been talking to his old boss Jerry Brockhymer about maybe a movie part or maybe he will guest appear on of his other CSIs of mabe the newest show the 11th hour. I really don't see him taking a permanent part on any TV show when he is starting to get his claws into some good movie scripts finally .

I hope that Jerry has offered him something in a movie, and more than a supporting D list actor roll bnecause he really does deserve a better part ! Maybe we should all go on CBS home page and Email Jerry and tell him we want Rory in one of his movies!
    You never know that may do wonders! lol!

10. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Totally agree with you on this.

I haven't read any review (thank god, I usually hate them), but I've watched some previews and it does seem a very good movie. Maybe that's because Johnny Depp is there too, if I have to be honest :lol:.
    I mean he's my fav. actor and I have never watched a movie with the guy which made me say "eww".
    They're all great and not just because of him. IDK it depends on the crew you're working with and how you work on a movie. I do think they worked very well and I really hope I'm right.

Plus the cast is great. Both Johnny and Rory are very good actors and I'm soooo curious to see how they worked together ;)

This is entirely possible and I hope you're right. I don't want him back on a TV show right when they finally picked him up for a great movie ;)

11. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

Florry I think your Right ! I would rather see Rory get somemore great movie rolls than him be on another 7 eps of 24! Don't get me wrong I love seeing him everyweek on TV, But the roll he got on 24 sould have been far better than what he got! He is great at playing the bad guy and he would have been better if he wasn't cast as John Voyt's Phone Jockey for seven Eps! Although I would have to say the one Ep where he totally threw Tony off was great, it was to short lived for my taste and I wish he had seen a little more action !

I really hope that this movie will afford him somemore excelent rolls in movies with a great cast. He deserves to be in some better movies so he can show his great talents for acting. I really hope someone has been discussing a roll with him.

I think he knew what he was doing when he left Miami ! As we've seen with Caruso just because people like you on TV does't always mean you can make it on the big screen. I think he is trying to avoid that by not wanting to stay with Miami after the second year! I hope things go his way! I know i'll be cheering him on cause he is my favorite actor!

12. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I've never got the opportunity to watch his episodes on 24, but I do understand what you mean.

He's a really great actor and while he was used even in a pretty good way on CSI:Miami (at least the 2 seasons when his character was perfectly alive and healthy :shifty: )....he has never had the real chance to show his skills.
    And quite frankly, I don't see how he can show them on a TV show.

Plus I recall that he wanted to leave CSI:Miami because he wanted to do something better in terms of acting. Is there anything better than a movei? No, I guess not.
    He finally had his movie and I truely hope for the guy, they're gonna find him some good roles in his next future (yeah he deserves it).

At this point I do think it would be pretty stupid to get him back on a TV show even on the best one possible.
    It looks like things are going on well for him, please let's go on like this. He's just gettin' what he wants.

Exactly. I wish him all the best since he really deserves it :thumbsup:

13. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

Well, I've seen Rory in 24 and I thought he would have been given a more juicier role than he got. Seeing him throw Tony from trusting him one minute and then deceiving him the next was great...very sinister and I was hoping his character would have been like that from the start.:)

I agree also that Rory is a great actor and his acting skills will be much better suited to the big screen. For me I think he is the kind of actor that gets restless in tv shows if he stays too long. Rory has proved that leaving Miami was (not in our eyes) the best decision he's made for his career because his work has been fantastic since especially in "Right At Your Door" and "The Company". I just can't wait to see him in "Public Enemies" and see what he's got to offer this time.:)

[​IMG]

14. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

Rotten Tomatoes has it at 61% fresh which is better than both Ice Age and Transformers so it is mixed at the moment

Unfortunately I don't have time to see it but I would love to as it also has Christian Bale in it along with Rory (The best of both worlds:) )

But do let us know what you think as well:)

15. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

Texmex Went to see it last night and she said it was good! She said Rory was in about 1/2 the movie before he does his usual exit from the film! I will be going either tommorow or Saturday and I will give you my take on it !

Texmex did report the following about Rory's performance,

1.) He looked hot on the big screen !

2.) yes his gun was clean and it did fire !

3.) Yes he dies a valent death as usual !

So i guess we will at least be happy with his performance! I can hardly wait to go see it Yay!

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009