Speed/Rory #18 - A Different Shade of Badass

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Apr 16, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Apr 21, 2009.
  1. Speed/Rory: 'Always Watching Over Us'

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Speed/Rory: 'The Dead Has Risen'

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. Speed/Rory: 'The Dead Will Rise'

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. Speed/Rory: 'Welcome To The Company'

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Speed/Rory: 'I love Hotel Rooms; Body Fluids Everywhere'

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. Speed/Rory: 'Even Eric's Head Tells Us He's a Great CSI!'

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Speed/Rory: 'Solving Cases From The Beyond, Circa 07'

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Speed/Rory: 'A Different Shade of Badass'

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  9. Speed/Rory: 'Finally fired his gun!'

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  10. Speed/Rory: 'Greg Seaton or Is It Satan?'

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  11. Speed/Rory: 'Sometimes Bad is Hot!'

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

Ok, so I did get to see Public Enemies yesterday, and it was fantastic. Rory was wonderful! I was totally more interested in watching him than Christian Bale, and he looked great. A fedora suits him very well! My sister, my friend, and I were the only ones in the theater, so I got to make all the noise I wanted when he was on screen.
    Anyway, he did a great job. :D

2. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Yes, he was much better than Christian Bale! He should've had that part, lol!

3. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

I think he should have. Nothing against Christian Bale, but Rory just fits the role of the seasoned, gravely voiced, FBI agent type guy more to me than Bale does. Or maybe I'm just jealous that he was in the movie more than Rory... :p

4. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

Thumbs up! Like I said That Jacket and that Fadora! I need a Pic of him in that ASAP. If anybody finds one please post forthwith! Yes I was mesmerized by Rory on the big screen couldn't bare taking my eyes off him ! SpeedyMeg did you scream out Speeeeeed! lol! I jumped and covered my mouth so wouldn't scream ! lol! It all happened so fast thats all I could at the moment!

5. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

The first time I saw him on screen I got all excited and sort of whispered/squeed into my friends ear, 'that's my man!', lol! :lol:

6. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

I was like "Ah, there he is! Look how cute!" And I kept cheering him on through the whole movie.
    My sister's actually the one who was like "It's Speed!" :lol:

7. timspeedlefan

timspeedlefan Prime Suspect

I was like where is he? I know he's in this movie. And then when they showed him, I thought "There's my Speedle." And since I didn't think they showed enough of him, I'm going to see the movie again Sunday. Lol.

8. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Ausiello answered my question in his article today and I'm quite disappointed, spoiler box coming up:

Question: I have a need for Speed! So will we be seeing Speed(le) in the flashback episode of CSI:Miami, or did Rory Cochrane turn it down? --Kristine
    Ausiello:
    Believe it or not, Rory Cochrane turned 'em down. I kid you not. Methinks someone's still a little peeved about getting killed off.

This totally sucks! I'm getting way too worked up over a show but wtf? I can see Rory's point of view, honestly I can. They killed him off and he didn't want to be killed off. He's pissed and he just did a movie with Johnny Depp so he's probably thinking 'screw 'em' but it is really disappointing for his fans and those who love Speed. I've said it before but they should've never let on even the possibility that he might come back without knowing for sure. I'm happy that it's answered and out there though so I'm not completely crushed when I see the premiere of Miami. :(

9. Meatball42

Meatball42 Police Officer

FallenForFlack, I have to agree. Ryan rocks, but Speed will always be in our hearts, and I can't believe that this perfect opportunity will be missed. ITS A FLASHBACK! You're supposed to take the opportunity to be all nostalgic and 'oh, I remember back in the day...' and see those people we miss. I wonder if Officer Jessop will be visiting the lab with Ryan's group.

10. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

It is a bit bittersweet to hear the news because for one, I was hoping to get some sort of confirmation (funny how we had to hear it from Ausiello instead of TPTB directly :rolleyes: ) which is good but it's definitely disappointing that Speed won't be in an episode about -- 1997! :/

I totally agree, FFF. If they had any inkling that hey may have turned it down, they should have never released that particular version of the episode at all. Granted, I don't know what goes on in the writer's room or the casting room and who releases what and what gets released for what reason but it's still a bit...irritating. :p

And yeah, a little unfair for the Speed fans but I can really understand where Rory's coming from. We didn't like that he was killed off either. :lol:

*sigh* It was such a golden opportunity too.

11. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

[SPOILER="Response" ]Aw, what a shame that Rory decided not to come back and do the episode. It could have been really interesting, but that detail should have never been released if it wasn't 100% certain that Rory would be in it.
    But I can see where he's coming from. He wants off the show, so they kill him off, and now they keep wanting him to come back. The poor man is probably thinking "Why didn't you just keep me alive the first time then?" [/SPOILER]

Wow, I can't believe I actually got the spoiler box to work.

12. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

Exactly the point SpeedMeg! They keep dragging him back to do Eps that i'm sure he thinks are not really the caliber of acting he likes and plus Hes dead! Duh! He told them not to kill him off ! I'm sure that back when they did Kill him off that they didn't relies what and impact his character would have on the show! I'm sure that at the time TPTB where a little Peeved about him wanting out of his contract, and that was there way to get back at him if he told them not to kill him off!

Well Guess what guys You screwed yourselves! Although I will miss him in the show, I'm glad he took a stand and told them no! He was under contract 4 years with them after he left and they called him once! Why have him under the contract if you don't use him! He was also banned from TV for those 4 years so you know I'm with him! I love the show, But I think they are realizing that Rory Brings ratings and if you keep drawing from the well it will eventually run out if its not maintained Properly !

Go Rory ! I still love you!

13. Meatball42

Meatball42 Police Officer

This just occurred to me: it could've been an idea that was considered and then leaked before they decided to release the possibility.
    That's just my Devil's Advocate side reminding me not to blame the writers, which I do often enough anyway.

14. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Ok ladies, I've found several pics that I don't believe (some we might, not sure, a lot of variants here) we have seen, were watermarked, or are closer versions of Rory from the Public Enemies premier in LA. So I'll share them with you as I have quite a bit I'll post a few at a time. You can click on the pics to enlarge in a new window as these are thumbnails. Enjoy!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. CSINEWYORK000

CSINEWYORK000 Lab Technician

Awsome pics, FallenForFlack!:thumbsup:

Miss Speedle:(, but nice pics.