Speed/Rory #17: 'Just Because You Can't See Something...'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Re: Speed/Rory #17: 'Just Because You Can't See Something..'

It sure has! Poor neglected Rory :( :p

So here's a question to make y'all think... and post.

Consider what you know about Rory Cochrane. If you knew him personally, what do you think the one thing that would really annoy you about him be? Now, I know Rory's pretty close to perfect ladies, but there must be something.
    (and yes, I have every intention of answering my own question)

2. shortea

shortea Rookie

The only thing I wish he didn't do was smoke.
    I useally smokers turn me off, but there is just
    something about Rory that keeps me drooling over him.
    He some yummie, but if he stop smoking.
    I think he be more yummier!!
    But I take him anyway I can.

Sending out a online hug to Rory!!

3. dogbert14

dogbert14 Rookie

Here's a transcript from the last episode of season 6 (this will make you shit your pants).

Speed: Let me tell you the story. When I was in high school back in New York there was a gang not unlike the Mala Noche who didn't like me because I wouldn't submit to their rule. I moved down here for school and then got the job at the lab and thought I was free...until the rumbles started. That dispo day was their first attempt on my life and that's when H and I started plotting. We just didn't think it would take this long to spring the trap.

Long silence.

Speed: The gang was obviously into both drugs and weapons smuggling and we began to suspect they had someone on the inside. Someone in the lab who was helping them. It was my idea to die, to vanish and I know H didn't want to go through with it but when I was shot in the jewelry store it was just too good a chance to pass up.

4. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Hm yes despite an ongoing strike, it's quite the miracle that the writers seem to have finished an entire season. ;)

The idea would be nice though. *sigh*

Megan, I think if I had the opportunity to meet Rory, I'd probably like him and it's only based on what I've seen on television (interviews, Dinner For Five) and read about him or what others have said about him. He seems like a genuinely decent guy with a sense of humour not unlike my own. :lol: (Slightly dirty and sarcastic :eek:) I'm not sure what I would be annoyed with, only because I don't actually know the guy. The smoking doesn't bother me--to each his own!

5. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

I see some life has been injected into this thread :D

I watched the first episode of The Company last night, and there was some additional scenes in the version I watched last night compared to the one I watch *cough* online *cough* back in August. The scene were Yvgeny is teasin' the Russian KGB ladies when he's training Which of you is the eldest? ;) was new to me last night :D

Also for UK viewers A Scanner Darkly is premiering on Sky Movies on Saturday 23rd December @ Midnight <- :eek: and then for every night for that week (Christmas Week Yeaahhh)

Hmm, What would annoy me about Rory (haha I typed Ronan first and had to go back and edit :lol: - Boyzone on the brain) I dunno! I don't like the smokin' but I'm friends with lots of smokers and I don't like them less because of it. Rory always strikes me as the person who's personality would only shine once you get to know the person. I'd imagine he would be charming & polite to anyone who was polite to them, but he strikes me as a gaurded person who wouldn't give alot of himself to anyone until he knew them.

6. csi_miami_babe

csi_miami_babe Rookie

Please tell me that this is REAL!!! If Speed comes back I will be so happy! The show isn't the same without him!!!

7. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

I think if I were to hate anything about Rory it would have to be him smoking. I don't think it's nice at all. Other than that he is perfect...mmmmmmmm :devil:

8. Wolfe_Angel

Wolfe_Angel Witness

hey guys!! its been a couple weeks or so since i have posted..sorry i have been busy busy! but all is good, and im back!!

9. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

Well today in work was a revaltation.

One of the main topics today, as it is every single Monday was the weekend television. All the weekly XFactor/Strictly Come Dancing debates aired and up piped my dear colleague Tony 'I watched a that CIA drama series on BBC 2 on Saturday night' :eek: My ears pricked up :p 'I watched that aswell Tony' 'Really June? It doesn't strike me as the type of television show that you watch' 'Well it isn't really, I only watched it because the object of my affection is in it' 'Which one would that be then June?' 'Yevgeny the Russian/KGB recruit!' 'Oh Rory Cochrane? He's err, not my type but he's a fantastic actor'

I'm stood there like :eek: *let me just pick me jaw up off the floor* I've worked with this man for 2 years now and have had Rorys face dorning my computer wallpaper screen for half that time and he has never said anything about it :rolleyes:

Well at least now I have someone to bug about Rory :lol:

10. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^ Congrats June. :lol:

Most of my conversations with folks about Rory include a lot of "Who?" >.< I'm bound and determined to buy 'The Company' and show it to everyone I know. Besides, a lot of my friends are into the whole KGB/Cold War/Russia thing so I'm sure they'd enjoy it. :)

*sigh* Rory has a gun in the series. :eek: (And it works! *snickers*)

Anyone else think that based on 'The Company', he would make a good romantic movie actor? (Ie: Pride and Prejudice, The Notebook etc) He definitely has some talent in the area, at least from what I saw in the first episode. I normally hate romantic-type movies--or 'Chick Flicks' if you will--but hey I'd watch one if he were the main character.

We can all tell I was not paying attention to the fact that he was supposed to be this uber spy. :lol:

Rawr. Miami definitely did little for his acting range. Oh well, he did the best he could with what he was given and blew it out of the ballpark each time.

Picture time! Just because it's fun.

[​IMG]

11. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

Nice pic Geni...my turn! :devil:

[​IMG]

12. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

All my attempts to converse about Rory has resulted in a tumbleweed like response up until today :lol: I have educated my best friend however, she is at a decent standard of Rory Cochrane knowledge. She not only would notice Rory walkin' by on the street but his other half also :eek:

I absolutely love Rom-Coms, especially the ones where the leading men are played by crushes of mine ala Just Like Heaven, The Holiday, Dirty Dancing, Bridget Jones.... the list goes on. Relation there of course to Mark Ruffalo, Jude Law, Patrick Swayze & Colin Firth.

I'd be on Cloud Ohmygod watching Rory in one. Watching The Company I was rather more intrested in swoonin' than anything else. I think Rory was fantastic but in his Romance scenes he did have me longin for him to be a leading man in a Romantic Comedy so we could have a full 90 swoon fest :D

13. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

here are some clips...from a behind the scene interview ;)
    Behind the scene
    They are 7 ;)

CALM...no Rory...but he's mentioned in a very good way by someone (I won't tell you who :D...but I'm pretty sure you'll never guess it ;) ) in the sixth one

14. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

hey i'm finally back!!!!! woohoo!!!! i know that it makes some people happy :D and oh god are you trying to kill me!?!? all those sexy pics!!!!!!!

15. shady

shady Hit and Run

I recorded the first part but not had the time to watch it yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.