Speed/Rory #15: Perfection in Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Speed/Rory #15: Perfection in Pants

DragonflyDreamer said:
Hmm... new thread title... Speed/Rory #16: Welcome to the Big Leagues. It may not win best Speedism, but I think it works.

I like that as new title!

Welcome to the thread LittleMissCSI !!

Welcome to the group of Rory stalkers *cough* i mean obsessive fangirls *cough* i mean, i'll just shut up now :D

anyways, seeing Rory play a gay person would be interesting. but i'm sure he could play it perfectly :D

^ I actually think Rory could play any role he's given. He has excellent comedic timing (Ie: Empire Records, Dazed and Confused, The Prime Gig, A Scanner Darkly, etc) but he's also able to portray a serious role like in CSI:Miami or RAYD.

I'd really like to see him get into something light-hearted. Don't get me wrong, I love it when he's kicking ass in a serious role because he just pulls you into all the elements as he acts and makes it seem so effortless, but I know he has a sense of humour in there. :p

Megan, I really like that suggestion. :D I was also thinking we should have one of the Speedisms as a thread name, lol.

LittleMissCSI welcome to the thread!

Yeah, that's the great thing about Rory (well, one of them :p). He can play any role. He isn't one of those actors that always plays the same character. Which makes imagining him in different roles all the more fun :)

Glad you like my thread name suggestion :)

Rory is very versitile indeed. I remember reading an article that some journo wrote and they mentioned about how alot of the time people who have seen Rorys films don't realise its Rory who is in the film, even if they know who he is because he is so different in every role he plays. I think that is an icredible compliment indeed :D, wheras people like Vince Vaughn, don't get me wrong I love Vince Vaughn but I've seen him play the same role a million times :p Same with Wil Ferrell. Its a shame tbh because they are getting alot more mainstream sucsess

About the Gay thing.....theres gay and then there is gay. I think he could play a gay role well but I think it would have to be a serious role for Rory I think. Something along the lines of Tom Hanks in Philidelphia, I think the novelty gay role like Will McCormack wouldn't be the ideal role for Rory IMO

DragonflyDreamer said
He can play any role. He isn't one of those actors that always plays the same character. Which makes imagining him in different roles all the more fun. :)

Very true indeed. :) That's why it's always a surprise to find out what role he's chosen next. I would have never pictured him as a Russian spy, but I'm excited to see how he does. ;) The thing with him is, I'm just too impatient so I'd like to see him broaden his acting horizons a wee quicker. :lol:

June_85 said
remember reading an article that some journo wrote and they mentioned about how alot of the time people who have seen Rorys films don't realise its Rory who is in the film, even if they know who he is because he is so different in every role he plays. I think that is an icredible compliment indeed. :D

That's probably a compliment every actor would like to have. :D Glad it was given to Rory, lol. And it's so true too, he does play every role so differently that you can really separate the actor from the character. Movies like 'Love and a .45' and 'A Scanner Darkly' are prime examples of that. The characters are two extremes of personality (ironically both deemed to have a similar fate) and are played so flawlessly.

wheras people like Vince Vaughn, don't get me wrong I love Vince Vaughn but I've seen him play the same role a million times. :p

I've seen that with so many actors. :rolleyes: They play one role that was a hit and then their future roles are a shadow of the first one that made them famous. Then of course they can break out and do the odd independant film. I think that would be pretty difficult to get out of if you wanted to get into different genres. (It has happened, but not that often)

About the Gay thing.....theres gay and then there is gay. I think he could play a gay role well but I think it would have to be a serious role for Rory I think. Something along the lines of Tom Hanks in Philidelphia, I think the novelty gay role like Will McCormack wouldn't be the ideal role for Rory IMO

For me personally, I'd be interested in seeing both sides of the scale on this. But you're right, a role like Tom Hanks had in Philidelphia would probably be along the lines of something he'd chose. - Then again I don't know him personally so I can't say exactly that he'd go for that over the other, but it would be interesting for him to take it on.

June_85 said:
Rory is very versitile indeed. I remember reading an article that some journo wrote and they mentioned about how alot of the time people who have seen Rorys films don't realise its Rory who is in the film, even if they know who he is because he is so different in every role he plays.
i agree!! i saw him on CSI: Miami first, but then i saw him in Dazed and Confused and i didn't realize it was him, unitll i closed my eyes and listened to his voice, then i was like "OMG! that's Rory!?!?" i couldn't believe it at first. he just looked and acted so different! that's what i really like about him ,he can change to fit his character very well. Rory is just an amazing actor. oh and here's something to ponder. what do you think the K stands for in his name? Rory K. Cochrane. does anyone know his middle name? because i really want to know.

I would say his character in CSI Miami is probably closest to what Rory is really like as a person than anything else he's done. I reckon same goes for majority of main cast of Miami I'd say.

They based alot of the character profiles on the actors themselves apparently. I remember something from the Dispo Day commentary sayin Rory as a person is a very laid back and easy going and that is something that is evident in Speedle I think. ;)

I know I slagged Vince off for being typed cast but I'd love to see Rory as a male lead in a Rom Com just so I can get jealous watching it :lol: :p

Need4Speed said:
i agree!! i saw him on CSI: Miami first, but then i saw him in Dazed and Confused and i didn't realize it was him, unitll i closed my eyes and listened to his voice, then i was like "OMG! that's Rory!?!?"

i did the exact same thing! i was channel surfing and i found the movie Dazed and Confused. i kept thinking "he looks very familiar....." so i paid more attention to his voice. when i made the connection i was so excited i kinda startled my mom. it was funny.

I guess I have to see some other Rory films because I've only seen him on Miami and I also want to see like his other sides of acting

for me its like going on a treasure hunt. the only movies i can find without ordering them are Dazed and Confused, Hart's War, and Empire Records. i had to order Black and White and i'm still waiting for it to get here.

I've seen him in and have on DVD all of his movies except for A Scanner Darkly and Right at Your door. those two i am anxiously waiting to see. but one of my fav Rory movies has to be Empire Records!!! i just love him as Lucas!!! and what he said to Joe on the couch!! HAHA!!

Lucas: Joe, is it O.K. if I leave the couch? 'Cause I'm gonna leave the couch now, okay? My ass is falling asleep, so I gotta go. I'm leaving.

that is one of my fav lines!!! :lol: HAHA!!!!! I just love him!! he's so awesome!!!!!

i had to order Black and White and i'm still waiting for it to get here.
It's well worth the wait! Black and White is an excellent movie :)

luvspeed said:
i had to order Black and White and i'm still waiting for it to get here.

Black & White is a really good movie! Rory was awesome in it! Oh & he is shirt less in a few scenes! :D

yeah!! i know!! i have that one on DVD!! and i pause it everytime he's shirtless!!! just because...i can :devil: he's just so sexy!! i so wish they would bring Speed back on CSI: Miami. i even have a good plot.

"Unexpected"
The team has an unexpected visit from an old friend and is shocked when they find out who it is.

then Speed could show up and explain to the team that the feds made him fake his death for an undercover misson in LA. and now he's done his mission so he's back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back