Should Jake Be Permanent?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Sphinx, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Sphinx

Sphinx Police Officer

The Jake character was probably created to provide competition for Eric for Calleigh. They will probably get rid of him after awhile. I think Miami needs someone like Jake. Most work places have a jerk or two. He could be Miami's resident jerk. He would be a great character for the others to play off of. Would you want him to be in a few episodes a year.

2. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

We already have a jerk. His name is Stetler. And I love him with a fire that forever burns.

3. EyeHeartH

EyeHeartH CSI Level One

I agree with midnight_tiptoes...we're doing just fine with Stetler. Quite frankly, I don't like Jake, and I hope he's nothing more than comic relief (which he is to me).

4. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

;) ;)Have to agree that Jake should be temporary or intermittent.

:devil: He's an egotistical lecher, albeit somewhat endearing. :p

:lol: :lol: Credit Johnny, who does a terrific job, for creating a character who generates such mixed emotions. :lol: :lol:

5. EmeraldEyes06

EmeraldEyes06 Lab Technician

He is nothing more than a temporary blip in Calleigh's lovelife, a real bright spark, but hate him with a passion. He brings a new edge to the show, but Stetler is enough for me when it comes to egotism and jerks. I can barely stand Stetler, but he is a plausible character with a real history in the cast. I don't see any chemistry with the cast and Jake.

He can bring nothing but trouble and I can't see him becoming a premanent fixture. Sorry, Jake, but you ticked me off in the season finale, in more ways than one. Pack your bags.

6. Patricia

Patricia Lab Technician

I agree.
    We need someone to hate but we already have Stetler, with one is ehough, at least for me.

7. CSIFray

CSIFray Lab Technician

I don't mind Jake, actually. I wouldn't mind him appearing in a few scattered episodes.

8. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Agreeing here (probably the first time :p )

Besides more Jake could mean less Frank and that I don't want. I kind of hoped that if they get another detective, they'd get a woman... since looks like Yelina isn't coming back to that job.

9. CSI_Duquesne01

CSI_Duquesne01 CSI Level Two

It would be ridiculous if Jake was permenant. We already added Nat and Frank just became a regular, so why do we need someone else?

10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I like Jake for being just what he is, kinda the department shithead. He is really only good for one thing right now & thats so just so Calleigh can have a boyfriend. I wouldn't mind seeing him here & there but like XANESSA said we have enough 'additions' to the show, making him a permanent fixture would be way too many characters for a one hour show!

11. CSI_Duquesne01

CSI_Duquesne01 CSI Level Two

:lol: Right! Very much so! I'm sorry, but that is the cheese on the cheese enchilada...if you know what I mean...which you probably don't. :p

12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

See, true, I know. ya can't help but enjoy it a little! Stetlers different, he is a true bastard, a pure ass, Mr. Dickhead, i shall call him. Jake at least has a few good things about him, well, hes cute & sexy. Thats probably it.

13. stephanie20

stephanie20 Rookie

will jake be back on season 6?

14. HoratioStalker

HoratioStalker CSI Level One

Exactly! We don't need any more on the show. They will do just fine without Jake. Perhaps he can get reassigned to, oh, say, Seattle, so we don't see him, but I certainly don't want them killing him off to get rid of him. Calleigh has had enough issues with that for the rest of her life. He doesn't add anything to the chemistry of the show and seems forced on us by the writers.

15. CaRWash_Cutie

CaRWash_Cutie Rookie

I could deal with him as a permanent character...as long as he does big story lines and then disappears for a while before reappearing again. Kinda like what Yelina has been doing the past little bit. What can I say, I love Johnny! ;)