"Shock Waves" Discussion **SPOILERS**

I'm worried that Kacey gets killed in explosion or something. We have not heard anything about her beyond this episode. I'm concern because in the last two guest star roles on a television show Sienna's character died. :(

I'm worried that Kacey gets killed in explosion or something. We have not heard anything about her beyond this episode. I'm concern because in the last two guest star roles on a television show Sienna's character died. :(

We haven't heard anything because she is only appearing in the season opener. She MAY be a recurring character. She is not a new cast member.

I for one am really excited for the premire, not because of Langston but because of Nick. Even though they're making it seem like Langston's going to be all traumatized, I think Nick's going to have a little bit of aftermath based on the promo. He winced after they showed the cops shooting into the air. And I wonder how the shootout him and Catherine are involved in is going to affect him. There was that one set pic where George had a gun in his hand and he was staring into space. Maybe he's thinking back on the events of "Meat Jekyll?"

I'm with you on this one! I hope we see him having to deal with it somehow, even though I wouldn't be surprised if they would just carry on like nothing happened :rolleyes:

I hope so too, although I don't really want to see too big a fuss made either. Just something fairly subtle, like after Grave Danger.

Yeah, that's what I would like too. I don't want to see him all traumatized but it would be nice to it having an effect on him in little bits every now and then in the season.

I'm a bit confused about the timeline on this episode. If it's supposed to pick up right where we left off...

Catherine is with Ray when he's taken to the hospital. When is the funeral? A few days later then? That's when the explosions happen? And I guess Ray isn't there then? At the funeral?

I'm also thinking that's when Catherine and Vartann are together, at the funeral.

I'm sure the funeral would be a few days after Ray's stabbing, since that happened soon after Clark was killed. The fact that Nick has no sling when he's interviewing Bieber, especially after having it at the funeral AND falling during one of the explosions, might suggest that more than a little time passes during the episode.

Let's remember that Nick is Texan and, well, a man :) so probably doesn't feel he needs the sling anymore ;). He can tough it out, play hurt, etc. You know typical ego men stuff. :D (sorry guys)

I couldn't agree with you more :lol: You know, this is somehow what I think will happen... and somehow it wouldn't even seem strange because it's how George plays Nick and we've never seen Nick any different. "Nick doesn't use umbrellas" comes to mind :lol:

For me, seeing Nick acting like this would be totally in character :)

All I would like to see is that he is dealing a little longer with the fact that he shot someone. Then I would be a happy camper :D

Well I for one am excited. :lol:

As for the timeline, it'll probably start off with Ray being taken to the hospital (hence the scene with Catherine running with the gurney), then he's gonna be okay, then maybe a "One Month Ago" thing with the funeral, or something like that.

I'm wondering too if the whole "He has a house on Old Henderson" thing from the sneak peak with Nicky and the Beebs is the same house that Cath and SuperDave are at when there is an explosion.

Either way, I really can't wait. I'm looking forward to this season and am hoping that they make the best of it with Marg and gives her one last chance to really shine.

I'm really excited for the new season to open. I just hope that the explosions won't be too many that might annoy me :lol: unless we're dealing with a serial bomber, I'll understand. From the promo alone, I saw 3 explosions. It's too spoilery for a promo in my opinion. I mean, the thrill is lesser because I'll now be expecting explosions on the funeral and the warehouse (I think) as I watch. No more suspense. :lol: But of course, my eagerness to watch CSI will always be there, one of my favorite shows! :)

Super excited now.

“Shock Waves” will introduce new recurring actress Sienna Guillory to the series.

Confirmation of her recurring status. ;)

They said the same thing regarding Enrique Murciano (sp?) and his detective character last season and he ended up only being in one episode, which saddens me cause I liked him.

Super excited now.

“Shock Waves” will introduce new recurring actress Sienna Guillory to the series.

Cite your source! :) Because Mendohlsen has said she has only filmed one episode and, as of yet, is not a recurring character.

I would take that with a grain of salt.

Where did CSI Files get it's source? I took the quote from here http://www.csifiles.com/content/2010/09/shock-waves-the-34th-floor-official-details/

I was assuming that they got that from an official source.

CSI needs new characters to make up for the eventual departure of Catherine and Sara. By the end of the season they won't have any females in the main or recurring cast. They made a big deal about a new lab tech this summer until what's his name boy wonder became the entire focus of the CSI premier.

So I hope it's true for CSI's sake that Sienna is a recurring actress to fill the gap and bring some new excitement to the series. I believe TPTB knows this after last season's low ratings, unless they plan to call it over at the end of the season.

Super excited now.

Cite your source! :) Because Mendohlsen has said she has only filmed one episode and, as of yet, is not a recurring character.

I would take that with a grain of salt.

Where did CSI Files get it's source? I took the quote from here http://www.csifiles.com/content/2010/09/shock-waves-the-34th-floor-official-details/

I was assuming that they got that from an official source.

CSI needs new characters to make up for the eventual departure of Catherine and Sara. By the end of the season they won't have any females in the main or recurring cast. They made a big deal about a new lab tech this summer until what's his name boy wonder became the entire focus of the CSI premier.

So I hope it's true for CSI's sake that Sienna is a recurring actress to fill the gap and bring some new excitement to the series. I believe TPTB knows this after last season's low ratings, unless they plan to call it over at the end of the season.

Sorry, didn't read the news files. :lol: I think if they're going to have a female recurring character it will probably Katee Sachoff and her new detective character.

Who knows maybe they're waiting to see the audience reaction to both characters before any decisions are made.

Hey I agree, CSI needs some good females. Especially when Marg and Jorja leave the show. I'm having a problem with the way the promoted the bomb expert. How are we supposed to take her seriously when they use words like SEXC and BABE??? Come on??? :shifty:

As for Katee, I'm actually glad she's on the show but a bit apprehensive they are making her the female version of Vartann.

I think the PR people for the show like to over do it with descriptions of characters. Boy Wonder for example? From the two promo photos of Kacey, you can not exactly say that work overalls and cap define sexy. http://sienna-guillory.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=221&pos=0 :)

That really depends on who you ask; personally I think Sienna is beautiful in whatever she wears ;)

I'm really excited for some new female blood, and I hope both of the new girls become recurring characters. But apart from Kasey and the return of Ecklie and Officer Mitchell I'm not excited about the premier at all: kind of hard to get hyped when most of your favourite characters aren't in it, and when Greg can only be seen for approximately 1 second in the promos :(

That really depends on who you ask; personally I think Sienna is beautiful in whatever she wears ;)

I'm really excited for some new female blood, and I hope both of the new girls become recurring characters. But apart from Kasey and the return of Ecklie and Officer Mitchell I'm not excited about the premier at all: kind of hard to get hyped when most of your favourite characters aren't in it, and when Greg can only be seen for approximately 1 second in the promos :(

I think sexy is more attitude than about looks personally, but it doesn't hurt to look good too. Sienna has both. We will have to see what the character brings.

About Greg, I agree if he is part of the main cast they need to give him more screen time. The thing about him that I think the writers must do beside give him more lines is to mature him a little. To me he still seems like that lab tech from earlier seasons. They need to give him a storyline that shakes him up a little.

Back