Shark

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

New show on Thursday nights 10pm est. Here is how CBS.com describes the show.

SHARK is a drama that follows the professional and personal life of Sebastian Stark (James Woods), a charismatic, supremely self-confident defense attorney who, after a shocking outcome in one of his cases and a personal epiphany, brings his cutthroat tactics to the prosecutor's office. As the head of the Los Angeles District Attorney's high-profile crime unit, Stark is forced to work for his former nemesis, Jessica Devlin (Jeri Ryan), the ambitious and accomplished D.A. who despises his ruthless strategies.

Devlin teams him with a group of young prosecutors who are about to have the learning experience of a lifetime because, though Stark is seeking to redeem himself, he has no intention of changing his underhanded approach to cases just because he's now working for the "good guys." His young team includes Casey Woodland (Sam Page), a privileged hunk who is arrogant about his abilities as a young attorney; Raina Troy (Sophina Brown), a smart, tough new addition to the office; Martin Allende (Alexis Cruz), an intellectual from South Central L.A.; and the high-powered Madeleine Poe (Sarah Carter), who joins the team in order to learn from the best. It's an eye-opening experience for this rookie group of lawyers who begin to use Stark's infamous brass knuckle tactics in their cases.

With Stark's 16-year-old daughter, Julie (Danielle Panabaker), rooting for him at home, this legal shark must now prove that he can play, and win, on the other side of the law.

2. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

I loved it. It was very good. Hope it does well and stays on the air. Love James Woods.

3. JangoBear

JangoBear Lab Technician

James Woods is always great. Now they just need to bump up Jeri Ryan's part to make it even better. :D

4. Destiny

At first I didn't think I would like it, the promo's were slightly funny, but overhyping that happens. But it was actually good.

A bit of trivia, Danielle Panabaker who plays the daughter "Julie", is going to be back to back with her sister Kay Panabaker who took over the role of "Lindsey Willows" on CSI. Same network, same night, talk about keeping it in the family. :D

5. BurnedToast

BurnedToast Coroner

Oooh, Shark. Truth be told, as with what everyone else has said, I wasn't overly excited about the show, if only because CBS hasn't put out many great programs as of late. But, after CSI was over, I decided to stick around and watch it. I was actually rather amazed at how good the show was. It has an interesting plot, good characters, and it doesn't run into any other show I want to watch.

Hopefully, this show stays around for a while. It'd be interesting to see how the characters develope, and see if James Woods' character, Stark, continues being his egotistical, yet horribly awesome, self.

As Destiny pointed out, both Panabaker girls are going to be back to back in shows. That is...really awesome...And I have nothing else to say, so yeah.

6. Destiny

I loved the part where the one team member I believe it was the character Raina Troy, who said that the girl wouldn't let herself get caught in a trap because she is too smart so he put her in the seat and proved that there are times no matter how smart you are you can get caught.

Not to mention having a practice courtroom in your house lol dang. I hope everyone on the show realizes they have a great spot on a great night, since they took over the "Without a trace" time slot (which moved to Sundays at 10pm est).

7. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

Gerat show!

8. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I missed the premiere. I heard Romy Rosemount (CSIs fingerprint tech, Jacqui Franco) was to be in the show. Did she have a decent role?

9. BurnedToast

BurnedToast Coroner

Actually, Kaylyne, she did. She played Stark's personal assistant, or something to that effect, I believe. I was watching it with my mum a few hours ago, and I was all, "OMG, that is Jacqui, the fingerprint chick..." So yeah, that was her, and she was pretty funny in it, as well.

Destiny, that part was the best. Showing that even a job-driven laywer could make a mistake and snap under the pressure, was brilliant. Though, yeah, having a mock courtroom in the house is a bit odd. I was waiting for one of the characters to phone a shrink for the man. >.>

It really is a great time slot, is it not? Because everybody will be tuning in to see what is going on in the CSI world this week, and then, 'boom', Shark!

10. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

I am surprised he did not have animatronic replicas of Perry Mason or Ben Matlock in his mock courtroom as opponents for for his rehearsals.

11. Destiny

So far its an excellent ep, got to admit when he goes over the top he does it very well. Poor guy tries to make it up to his daughter only to find that each turn is a brick wall. But I can understand her point of view to. Nice car though. :)

12. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Finally got to watch Thurs ep. Loved it. I really hope this show makes it. Hope things work out between him & his daughter though. My question is why did she want to live with him if she didn't trust him? Heh? Don't make sense to me. LOL Glad to see him give the one girl a what for but to also use it to his advantage. She may keep him straight. lol

13. drummergurll

drummergurll Police Officer

love this show...missed the second episode though...but everytime jeri ryan came on screen, i couldn't help but picture her with borg implants...yeah..ex-trekie here....

14. od0_ital

od0_ital Dead on Arrival

Saw the premiere, and the mock courtroom threw me for a loop.

I tuned in for the second episode, and enjoyed the "chewin' out" of his staff, with his boss (Jeri Ryan) watchin' from a distance.

I may just keep watchin', 'cause Shark is definately better than what ER has turned into these days.

15. Destiny

I love the line, "If you're going to cheat... Don't - Get - Caught!" :lol: Thats too funny, same with bribing the baliff only to find out the guy was sick and then later had to use something else to bribe him. :D