Sela/Jo Thread #1 "I'm Jo Danville. I didn't do it."

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by PerfectAnomaly, Sep 25, 2010.

1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I think she looks just as great without makeup as she does with it. And from the looks of the pics they didn't even know they were being photographed.

2. PerfectAnomaly

3. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

That's a great pic. And yes she should've been higher up.

Thank you for the list :).

ETA: Just finished the list and I have to say there's a lot I don't agree with :shifty:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  4. PerfectAnomaly

Me too. Especially number one. Really??

5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Flawless. I hate lists identifying the 'hottest' or 'sexiest' people because I rarely agree with them, but at least this one acknowledged Sela sexiness. ;)

6. LoveSela

LoveSela Dead on Arrival

I'm so glad to hear that she made the list. <3 Love her. She is gorgeous.

New note: I adore her! She first caught my attention on House and then escalated from there. She's amazing and talented. Once & Again is my favourite of Sela's. I love her. When I heard she was going to be on CSINY, I couldn't be more happy. I never miss an episode now. Just because of her. <3

7. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

Interview with Sela Ward
    Learning a whole new language.

Source: http://www.metro.us/newyork/entertainment/article/722234--learning-a-whole-new-language

8. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Thanks for the article and link :).

I'm glad SW thought Jo would be a different and substantial enough character to lure her out of her self-imposed withdrawal from Hollywood. I also, given the number of interviews she's now done since joining the show, have come to really appreciate her humour and candor in how she speaks about things :p.

I also hope that she can pass along to TPTB, on our behalf as viewers, that we're really not that stupid, that we're able to catch on, that their mallets really aren't as necessary as they might think, and if it feels redundant to someone saying the lines, it's probably redundant to someone watching them, even if, gad forbid, they happen to miss a few minutes here or there :p. Most of the stories really aren't so complicated that folk can't pick up on what's going on, or hell, peg the killer relatively early on :lol:.

Not to say I don't appreciate that the show really (really) wants us to Get Everything, but it's a very unusual ep that actually manages any true surprises, both in content and in format.

As for da List. I really just don't have a lotta patience for that kind of nonsense (I mean, who picks and by what standards, I quite like my own, thanks, yada), but, eh, I'm glad she was recognized ;).

9. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I was watching an old episode this week and in a matter of seconds Mac, Stella, and Danny said the same thing in different words :lol: I was like yeah I got it when Mac said it the first time.... I remembered Sela and this interview. :lol:

10. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

Totally agree. When it comes to actresses who are over 50+ years old, I rank Ward among the most attractive of the last 15 years. :D

I read about where Ward was passed over in the mid 1990s for a Bond Role. I truly will never understand why they passed Ward over, especially since she would've been among my favorite bond girls, or even Bond Villainesses ever. :D Of course two, they seamingly were looking for a 20-something actress at the time. Who knows what but it sure was a big mistake.

I give Ward full props for calling out the movie industry for it's disgusting bias towards youth which sadly continues to this very day. Even now, at least when it comes to beauty, I would rank Ward far ahead of at least three-quarters of the under-30 actresses that I regularly see. Hell, I'd take the Sela Wards over the Kim Kardashians or Paris Hiltons any day of the week, month, or year. :D

I read that her hometown of Meridian, Mississippi has a street named after her which I think is awesome! I hope that if I ever end up travelling in MS, I'd drive on Sela Ward Dr. in the future. :D

11. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

Happy New Year Everybody!

I just dug out "The Day After Tomorrow" and realized that Sela Ward played Lucy Hall in this film. Marvelous movie by the way since I love movies that involve weather gone totally haywire (It's happening in slo-mo in real life, albeit completely differently). I wish her character had more prominence and maybe even went with Jack (Randy Quaid) to find their son in NYC. For a long time, I forgot that Ward actually played in this movie until recently. :D

I also remember her in "The Fugitive" from eons ago. Truly upsetting what happened to her character. :(

Anyway, just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year. Maybe this day marks the beginning of a new era in TV for me. While I'm not promising to return to watching CSI:NY, I'm reluctantly venturing across the border into the land of Ward Utopia as I escape from the Dystopian Hell that is Mad Max Beyond Kanakaredes. :):rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  12. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I've loved Ward since Sisters--anyone remember that show?? She played Teddy. I remember her in The Fugitive as well. Before NY, the most recent show I saw her on was House. I'm really enjoying her character on NY--I like what she brings to the show. Happy new year, everyone! :)

13. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I loved her on House. Stacey was a great character and she really brought a different side to House that was really interesting to watch. She was a great addition to the show and her chemistry with Hugh/House was great.

I saw The Fugitive recently and realized it was her :).

14. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Heh, completely forgot she was in The Fugitive! Wow. Been ages since I've seen that.

Never saw Sisters, though I know several people who adored the show. Just wasn't my cuppa at the time. Did see her on House, where I thought she was great. I knew who she was, but was also able to just enjoy the story. One thing I see as a strength on House how the actors really dissolve into their characters, and any awareness of them as performers or media figures is really in the background. Sometimes on a show, the presence of the actor never goes away. (IMO Caruso suffers from that).

I was hoping for good things when she joined NY, and after an admittedly malleted introduction, I really enjoy her on the show, and I've come to really like Jo.

I'm gonna hafta go back and re-watch The Fugitive now :lol:

15. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

Sisters is one of the few things with Sela Ward I haven't seen yet. Too bad, really.