"Secrets and Flies" Discussion **Beware Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 29, 2005.

1. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

I agree - he shouldn't have been the one to track down the gun, definately the job for a detective. I got a little bit of deja vu when he was tracking down the gun to "Shooting Star" and "Bodies in Motion" - why is he doing the job of detective :rolleyes:

LOL, I noticed that too, I was like "Hey, Warrick did that too!" - but I highly doubt they were in the same program, cause I think they were in school at different times :)

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I thought the episode was okay but to me, probably the weakest of the season.

I knew going into it, there would be no Nick or hardly any Nick so that is not why I didn't like it (though it did have a stike against it becasue of the lack of Nick but I understood - he can't be the frontrunner in every episode and I am fine with that). Plus, I believe, this was the episode thay filmed when George Eads was in Paris.

It seems that when all the CSI's wind up on one case, the screentime is seriously lacking for a few of them. I think the one-case episodes this year are, well, boring. I would hardly call Grissom's case the B plot as it did not have equal screentime for it, plus, he generally worked alone leaving 5 others to work one dead body.

I also do not like "Catherine on her high horse". I love Catherine, but they do a disservice to her character, IMO.

Also, not digging the married but still flirting Warrick. I mean, marriage does not mean you are dead, but come on Can't we have one happily married person on television? Plus, it makes Warrick look sleezy, IMO. I want to think he would give his marriage all he's got and I would lose respect for him if he kept up the married but not dead banter and I love Warrick too much for that to happen.

Basically, I think Grissom stole the episode. William Petersen is still the best and showed it last night. Loved his testimony scene and his scene at the end when he confronts the crooked scientist. And, yes, his conversation with the Sheriff did seem to be a forshadowing of something to come.

What I don't like is that the characters seem to be getting stuck doing meager tasks just to have them in the episode, case in point, Greg.

I think the lack of Brass and Sophia was due to the fact they must have been busy filming the next weeks episode.

And, Sophia, I like you, but your one scene could have gone to one of the "MAIN" stars of CSI, like Nick or Greg. We did not need her strutting in and standing like a runway model to deliver a message to Grissom.

All in all, not the best of the season. Didn't hold my attention.

3. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

Honestly, Greg tracking down the job didn't bother me at all. The lines on this show are so blurred between being a CSI and detective anyway. If you want to be that picky, then Catherine and Sara shouldn't have gone over to interview the biological parents. That would have been the work of the detective as well. I did enjoy seeing him tracking down the gun as it showed him talking to different people and I like him out of the lab. Plus, this is an area where they usually skip over on TV shows. It takes a lot of work tracking a weapon once it changes hands, and though CSI simplified the procedure, it was interesting for me watch nonetheless.

4. Lauren93

Lauren93 Witness

Ok, my favorite part of the eppy was Grissom in a suit, looking all spiffy for court. I heart that
    I don't like the new lab girl... shes odd.
    And finally, Catherine seemed too annoy me in the eppy.
    So I only really cared for the Grissom parts...

5. Catherinesmyidol

Catherinesmyidol Coroner

I loved it that Sara kept smiling; You never see her smile but she smiled A LOT in this episode!

6. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

The writers have sunk to an all time low in my opinion. They don’t have a clue what it is like for infertile couples/women in the real world, or just how cruel and absurd that storyline was to watch.

Please, they mean to tell me the only person that saw and did anything that was remotely true to life was granny. No biological mother would have been that utterly emotionless concerning her baby, or be contend with only seeing her baby ONCE a month.

Please, no one else involved (especially that sunflower agency) thought a young, single girl with no apparent means of support was a BETTER choice to raise baby OVER the biological parents that desperately wanted a child to begin with, and that had the means and stable environment to raise their OWN child?

Please, not once along the line did the agency or the young girl even considering doing the right and moral thing and give the baby to its real parents? And this was fine with the real parents?

Please, the agency wants the biological parents to APPROVE which woman should be allowed to carry and have THEIR child and NOT ONCE offer or suggest the woman be only a surrogate?

I don’t mind stretching an idea for a show, but that was just horrid and way, way off. Thank goodness for Gil and his bug case.

7. Barbarella

Barbarella Lab Technician

The wife stated that her husband hadn't wanted to have a child by surrogate.

There are organizations out there that really do find women to carry leftover embreyos to term though I'm not sure that the biological parents have quite that much say in who they recruit - but they do exist.

Personally I thought this was right up there with "Shooting Stars" as one of the strongest episodes of the season. Good cases, great character interaction, great drama and interesting science (especially with Grissom debunking the other entomologist).

8. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Not to belittle your comments at all Tazzer ( I totally respect your opinion, and am glad you took the time to let us know the "other side"), but I think that a lot of the episodes, which seem to deal with some unsual topics all round, will always annoy some people who may relate a little more closely to the topic at hand than the rest of us.

For example, the episode about the over-weight women probably offended some people... The "Furries/Plushies" one undoubtably annoyed people from that community. And I recall the episode with the mail order bride annoyed one of our own posters (Sara's comments about one man's Japanese bride in particular). And the list goes on...

In fact, I just read about complaints about a movie about an airline that had airline attendants up in arms about their portrayal... I mean, come on people. ANYBODY can be an asshole, even an attendant. Bad guys are represented in every which way in movies and TV. I think it's silly of them to take offense to that movie (although I can't remember what film it was, sorry!).

9. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I've noticed that Josh Berman, who wrote the episode, is making CSI into a sitcom. Every episode he has total humor that shouldn't be involved. Like, Grissom ignoring Ecklie, would that really happen in real life? :confused:

10. madgeorge

madgeorge Coroner

I am just SOOOO excited about Wendy the new lab girl!!! I have been a Liz Vassey fan for a while now, and when I saw her name on the cast list, I screamed so loudly my dad thought I'd hurt myself. I loved the way Cath got around her, so funny!!! I hope she sticks around for a while, I would be really happy!

11. abharding

abharding Rookie

Well said. I had the same thought. The CSIs we see do a lot more then their real-life conuterparts. The way I saw it, Greg was doing a "rookie" task... the leg work that has to be done by someone and given that Greg is low-man on the totem pole he was the one that had to do it...

12. Guest

Guest Guest

here's my analysis of the episode:

They really get down to business with the opening scene don't they? Although I wasn't clear if that was supposed to be the dead girl in question or just some random couple or what.

The baby was a cutie pie. Wouldn't the baby have been screaming bloody murder thw whole time? He seemed really calm given the circumstances. Something about the aunt's personality rubbed me the wrong way.

So glad to see you back Grissom. Missed you.

Sofia I still don't understand what the point of your presence is.

I'm liking nice Ecklie although not sure how long he'll last.

What station does one send a petition to to have the Nick and Doc Robbins sex ed hour aired every week? Even though Nick only had the one small scene, it was great.

I hope this annoying new lab tech working for Greg isn't permanent.

Hodges, you are so losing your appeal. It's not bad enough that you're getting all Greg's good lines but it's not your business what anyone else does. And Warrick is married, not dead. If he wants to flirt, be my guest. Tons of married people flirt all the time and are still faithful to their spouses.

OMG I cannot stand Mia's replacement. I'm all for perky but she's on drugs of some kind and even the fact that Catherine seems startled by her is enough for me. Not to mention she can't pronounce words right.

Full length Archie...yum! Red messed up shirt looks good on him.

Greg's blink and you'll miss them scenes were good per usual. I wasn't bothered at all by him doing detective work since you'd lose half the show otherwise since no one else would be allowed to interrogate anyone.

The embryo office "doctor" creeped me out. Bitchy too. She's definitely got something to hide if she's that unwilling to cooperate with the law.

I am totally not a bug person at all but Grissom's case was actually pretty fascinating.

Biological mother and grandmother = *shudder* Can we say attitude problems?

The other new lab tech is so not funny.

On the topic of Catherine and the embryo "doctor", I don't see that Catherine did anything wrong at all. The other woman is not to be trusted, period.

Going back to the creepy mom/grandma team. Very fishy. You're only hurting yourself by having two completely different stories.

Grissom is yummy in a suit isn't he?

All in all, I'd say it was one of the better episodes this season.

13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

You know, some people may get mad at my comments, but that hasn't stopped me before.

I would like to see an episode where Grissom gets debunked, not in an illegal way of course, just in terms of theory. Just once, I'd like to see him wrong about something.

Maybe this show is the calm before the storm of someone getting buried professionally.

We shall see.

This was an interesting show as I said earlier.

14. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

^^^ Ah, who listens to an alcoholic cat anyway? :p

:lol:

15. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

He's had a hard day, he's earned a right to a drink.
    :lol: :lol:

Okay, I'll stop the real time chat now before the mods go after me again.