"Secrets and Flies" Discussion **Beware Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 29, 2005.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Untacking please feel free to continue the discussion. ;)

2. nicklover

nicklover Lab Technician

I have to agree the epsiode could have used more of Nicky but other than that it was a really great episode. I loved the plot twists more than anything. :)

3. abharding

abharding Rookie

I don't know if I would go for arrogant... but I do think he was both satisfied that he had figured how the experiment had been manipulated and that it was manipulated in the first place. Grissom is first, last and always a scientist. For one of his fellow bug people to "rig" the results of such a test would be, for him, a sacrilege. So, it made sense that he would be so motivated to uncover the lie and present the truth, and was pleased he had been able to do it.

4. MedicWarrickLvr

MedicWarrickLvr Coroner

I agree ABHarding. I think at that point that Grissom has every reason to be proud of himself. He worked hard to prove Thayer wrong and did a darned good job of it.

I was just watching the whole thing I had a pretty smug look on my face too! HA HA

5. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

^^^ Yeah same here. I was nodding and thinking, "Yeah, take THAT, asshole!" :lol:

6. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

ITA, abharding. Besides, every fella needs to slam the ball through the hoop and yell "OWNED!!" once in a while. :D There's just more than one way to do it. And he was entitled this time, I'd say!

--Robin

7. MedicWarrickLvr

MedicWarrickLvr Coroner

korbjaeger, I love your avatar! That is awesome and each is very accurate! I especially like "The Prodigy". Man............those are good!

And Baba, I just laugh every time I see your bustin' moves...........that's too darned funny!

Going back a little to the Hodges thing with Warrick and Cath. I just loved that scene. Some people said that he needed to mind his own business, but I think why I liked it so much was simply because it was so "Hodges" and he can crack a remark like that without ever cracking a smile and with that guy you can never tell whether he is joking or not. So he always leaves you wondering and that usually gets his point accross. I don't think he was "offended" at Warrick so to speak over the comment, it was just a good way to bring up the fact that "you can't go back" to the way things used to be with Cath because now you are married. I just thought it was well done and still cringe at the thought of the writers making Warrick out to be a bad husband. I soooooooooo don't want to see that happen. I'm a huge Warrick/Cath fan, but it's got to be done right or left alone. That's what I am hoping.

8. Fabian

Fabian Pathologist

I really liked this episode! Of this season it's the best so far after Gum Drops.
    Good ethical issue, and two ineresting cases.
    A smiling Sara, always a pleasure. And a lot of nice character scenes. Great!!

9. Exquisite

Exquisite Rookie

Fabian, something we can agree on, this episode was fabulous. The chemistry between the cast as a whole is so strong, and while I hated Sofia in s5, I kinda wish they'd show her more now. Louise Lombard is charming.

VERY good episode, and GCR - mmmm.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I missed the start of the episode and I have to write a paper analyzing the forensics in the episode. How did the CSIs pick up the gun when they found it? Did they do a gun shot residue test onsight on the victim (to see if hands were clean) or did they simply look at blood splatter, see none, and therefore not suicide?
    Does anyone know where I can view this opening clip on line? I don't want to download the episode or anything. I just need to see the opening part before the credits.

THANKS! :)

11. Guest

Guest Guest

At www.omaetoy.net you can usually download clips. However they don't have that particular scene.

After rewatching this portion of the ep for you, here's the play by play:

Brass, catherine and Sara discuss the situation. Catherine looks at the suicide note on the table that was left behind. Sara starts putting her gloves on while catherine reads the note.

Sara photographs while David gives the vic's vitals. Discussion on motive, etc.

Sara, after asking David's permission to examine the gun if he's done with his part, picks up the gun out of Christina's hand. She picks it up by the frame that goes around the trigger and the lever that cocks the bullet. (sorry I don't know the correct gun terminology)

Catherine, again with gloves on, reaches down to move Christina's hand over. Her hand was facing palm up when she died and is moved to lay palmdown.

Sara opens the gun's magazine (is that what the bullet chamber is called? :confused: ) and peers inside where she comments that only one bullet was fired.

Catherine tells Sara to look at the blood on Christina's hand. Sara says there isn't any and mentions that the gun is covered in dried blood though.

They mention that it was planted and not a suicide. Then opening credits roll.

12. Destiny

Due to the rules of the board discussing downloading is not allowed, please refrain from it and thank you. ;)

13. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Since I'm bit behind with LV... I just watched this episode and first. I liked Sara in this one :p
    Second... I was glad to see something different. Even it was Gris - Bug centred.

Then I want to say.

IT*S MASTAR BRA'TAC!
    I kept saying that to myself whole scene.

Tony Amendola, who played that Hand writing analysist, as been guest start in Stargate - SG1 as Master Bra'tac.
    He has played hand writing analysist earlier in CSI season 1.. buit also played "Landlord" in season 5 episode "Viva Las Vegas" (I yelled also then MASTER BRA'TAC!)

14. Destiny

Repeating On February 16, 2005. Possibly due to the olympics being on.

15. GumDrops

GumDrops Rookie

That sounds SO much like Cahterine! Okay, so i didn't see the eppy...not exactly sure why, but it's on again this Thursday, and I will make SURE I see it!