**Season Nine Spoiler Lab** - Take Two

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Because God forbid us wittle helpwess ladies encounter Big Scary Danger! :rolleyes:

And we're getting a sexy new Trace Analyst? I think I missed something along the way.

Thanks for the scoop, Shane.

2. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

If this is what they have planned for Horatio, I am thoroughly displeased. I was really hoping H might have his hands full with a strong woman for a change. And, wait a minute, does this mean we're losing Travers???? TPTB better keep an eye over their shoulders for me, cuz I might be inclined to do something drastic about this.

3. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

I've been thinking that, too - all these chase scenes and action, yet I don't remember one of those classic "technical" computer-graphics science shots in the episode. That's pretty much been the case in the past few episodes, at least from what I've been noticing - I hadn't really picked up on it that much until I read a post about it about a month ago. But I am definitely left wondering where the heck the science and special effects went for this show...:shifty:

Also, no dead bodies in the last few episodes - also trying to keep the corner out of the picture, I suppose, since the show can't afford to hire the actor full-time? :confused:

Watching Delko chase suspects is getting old and played out real fast. I liked it in the beginning of the season, esp. the scene w/him and Ryan at the bridge, but now it's kind of like a parody of itself :rolleyes: , esp. w/H always showing up just around the corner (conveniently...)

Anyhow, I really do like that this season is getting back into the characters, as the characters are KEY to its success - there are sooo many crime dramas, and people won't watch just for action - if that's all they want they'll just flip to Hawaii 5-0. What makes Miami stand out is its unique CSI blend of action and science, and then its main characters.

As for Horatio getting a love interest - are they serious? At this stage of the game? At this point, why not just bring back Yelina? I was never a H/Yelina shipper, but my own ship has sailed off the face of the earth at this point (RIP DuCaine fans, if you're out there - I can't find you anywhere!), and that pairing would seem to make the most sense at this point. At least it would ring true with the fans. We definitely don't need another "Marisol" debacle ... :rolleyes:

If they do go through w/H having a new squeeze, I wonder what would Eric think? (Personally, I always thought it would be awesome if we found out H and Cal had an affair at one point and then H broke it off and that's why they never speak to each other and are so cold and then Eric finds out and is like :eek::wtf: Hey, maybe that's why Calleigh said "we're like family" :lol: - OK, sorry, but I would pay to see Eric's face on that one :lol: - back to the fanfiction page....)

4. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Oh no!!Please don't give Horatio a new love interest because I'm sure she will end up dead someday....

5. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Pairing Horatio with Yelina would make sense to me. If they do bring in a new woman, I hope it is a long-term relationship and she stays in the background, similar to Kyle. He could be married without it interfering in his daily routine.

Also, instead of action scenes, they could have longer dialogues with the cast. I am starting to get itchy for some drama with the characters, especially Ryan.

6. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

So if they give him a girlfriend will he marry her after just 2 episodes? if so what are the chances Memmo will shoot her too? No wonder poor H is always wearing black..seriously I think it'd be interesting for him to find love at this age of his life but please don't let it be any of the victims or witnesses-hopefully some career woman at the DA's office or law enforcement..does anybody remember the Anjelica Huston charater on medium a few seasons back?she was like a bounty hunter/private law enforcement person who helped rescue a kidnapped deaf girl-she looked wicked w/a gun and was super tough...

7. greatfan

greatfan Captain

If Horatio is paired with anyone,hope she's mature.Not a damsel in distress either.
    This sexy trace tech person sounds better paired with Ryan or even Dave. With Miami's history of the lab personal,it would be an extremely background romance anyway if it is indeed the trace tech.

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Wait, what? A new trace tech? Does that mean we're losing Travers? NOOOO! I like him... not as much as I like Dave, but I do love Travers. I don't want him to go. :(

And I don't want Horatio to have a love interest that isn't Yelina. She's the only one who could stand up to the curse lol. Anyone else is gonna end up a victim to it lol.

As far as female techs, I want Valera back, damnit!

9. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I join you in that hope, great_snowflake! I enjoyed watching Horatio and Yelina interact - until she seemed to take on that "helpless female" persona and let Horatio take control of her life.

While I think Horatio and Calleigh used to have a valid friendship as well as a good working partnership, that is no longer true and she is the very LAST person I would want to see him with.

I really had a hard time dealing with Marisol. She wasn't age appropriate for Horatio. She was clingy, whiny and needy. I was never a fan of that relationship and I'm not really enjoying revisiting it.

If they are going give Horatio another love interest they need to give him one that is worthy of him. A woman who is strong and secure and self-assured who can stand up to him if he tries to run the relationship. Someone who can be an equal partner.

I'm really hoping that the new trace tech is paired with Ryan. He, like Natalia, deserves to have a personal life. And I feel any romantic relationship on this show needs to be in the background. The team, science, victims and resolution of the crime needs to be the main focus.

10. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

9.15 - "Blood Lust"

Be back in a few with details. :)

Okay, here's what I know:

~ Two women have been held captive in a foreclosed home. Bridgette and Lisa are trying to escape from the moldy mansion, and eventually manage to get untied and attempt to escape the property. Lisa eventually gets away but Bridgette is grabbed by her attacker once again and is killed.

~ The case is connected to the Oak Street serial killer. One of the reporters covering the case ends up missing after trying to talk to Lisa.

~ When discovering a key piece of evidence to the case, Natalia is approached by a man. He removes the gun from her holster, points it at her, and ties her up.

~ Everyone is mentioned in the episode, including Calleigh, Travers, and Loman.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^
    The missing Loman and Travers for episode 15,that's great!

12. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

Poor Nat. First she gets hypnotized into killing her friends now she gets captured.

This is a guess off the top of my head but Erica Sykes might be the other abduction victim

13. robotnik22

robotnik22 Rookie

So they say 'core characters' but go ahead and add a new trace tech. I call BS.

14. Court

Court Prime Suspect

With you 110% on that. I can't even watch the S4 eps with her in it b/c they make me throw up a little in my mouth. :rolleyes:

Please God, if they are going to give H a girlfriend, please, please, PLEASE let her have some guts, a backbone and NOT be the same age as his son. :shifty:

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Please God, NO! Do not want at all! I already am ticked about a new female trace tech cause if she's a permanent tech then she'd be replacing not just one, but two of my favorite lab techs: Valera (who is the sole female lab tech aside from Cythnia the QD girl who appears once every three seasons or something lol) and Travers (our current trace tech). I'd much prefer Ryan's girlfriend to be someone he doesn't work with. Maybe his ex-gf in "Match Made In Hell" and he will get back together. The actress playing that role would look cute with him if its the one I think it is. :)

I'd rather the new female lab tech already be married or in a serious relationship with someone we never see... much like Doc and Superdave's wives on CSI: Vegas. Why does every female on this show have to be single? LOL. I don't want her to be paired with anyone on the team to be honest.

Why is it that every time a new female is said to be joining this show that people jump on the "they should be paired with so and so" bandwagon anyway? :lol: New girl added to cast/team just be love interest for another team member thing is so annoyingly cliche... and this show, quite frankly is already a big ball of cliches as it is. :lol: Why add yet another one to that? It would just give those that can't stand the show and always make fun of it even more ammunition.

:guffaw: I love that last part hehe.

Personally there are way too many "office romances" going on in the CSI shows. Gil/Sara (even if he's not there anymore, it still counts) and Cath/Vartann on LV (although I do love C/V - oh and don't forget Wendy/Hodges lol), Danny/Lindsay [and past Mac/Peyton] on NY and Eric/Calleigh [past Cal/Jake, Cal/John and almost Cal/Peter) on Miami. Do we really need another office romance? Can't one of these people find someone outside of the job to romance? :lol:

I'm thinking the reason for introducing an ex girlfriend of Ryan's in "Match Made In Hell" is because they intend to have the two of them get back together. As long as she doesn't work in the lab or whatever with Ryan, I think that would be way better than him dating this new lab tech girl. And way less cliche.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.