Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Good questions. Confirmed means official, the problem with spoilers is that the only real confirmation is when you see it on the screen. The problem with confirming a spoiler is this, at any given time the powers that be can change something, add, subtract, rearrange, etc. So while CBS and some sites that are considered reliable is great, the confirmation full and total is what you will see on tv. Hope this helps. ;)

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

:lol: Billy is funny! I'm sure he was joking and just playing off what some fans would like to see. But, seriously, I think it would traumatize me. In a sense (for lack of a better analogy), it would be like seeing two of my married family members being intimate. It would just be WTMI. :lol:

I just had a thought about the whole "dna of a killer" thing. Maybe what the "dna of a killer" means is that maybe the new guy's relative is a killer and he has to deal with that. Maybe he wonders "Well, if my relative was like this, does that mean I could be too?" Just an idea.

3. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Strangely, I DON'T see Grissom as being into S&M, either. Note that in Season 2, "Slaves of Las Vegas" he said that his sex life "Doesn't involve going to the Theatre." when she asked him.

However, they've always had a very strong dominance and submission dynamic. She reads him very well, and he doesn't like that, because it makes him vulnerable in his eyes. I think anything they have ever had like that is more verbal sexually.

I try not to see Grissom sexually, but I'd imagine he's tried just about everything, and he seems more vanilla and possibly a voyeur if anything kinky. I know, different strokes for different folkes, but Gil's not my cup of tea. Rather makes me want to stab my eyeballs with a dull fork.

4. GregNickRyanFan

Perhaps its "verbal spanking" then? :lol:

5. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

without a doubt! If you read that whole intervew, that question is late on if I remember rightly, and you get the impression that he's a bit bored by that point with the questions and is making his own fun ;)

I gotta say, one of the last memories of Griss on CSI I DON'T want is him doing the dirty with the dominatrix, however cool she is :lol:

6. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

This is also called a tongue-lashing.
    LaSquisita

7. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

It was mentioned somewhere else on the 'net about the possibility of him having a double Y chromosome. From what I hear it's extremely rare and allegedly a predictor of violent behavior. Remember, he said "CSI Universe or Spectrum" or something like that. That means that it could be Vegas, NY or Miami. We'll just have to wait and see.

8. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

There was a serial killer on CSI: Miami that had that chromosome in Season 5's "Born to Kill."

9. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

I did a little research (because I was intrigued), and here's what I got:

XYY syndrome really isn't all that researched in medical journals and such (that's where I was looking). From what I could see, though, they believed in the beginning that the extra Y chromosome was a predictor of violent behavior. However, these tests were biased, in that they were sampling the prison population and not the population at large.

Long story short- now they're thinking that the earlier research is wrong.

XYY syndrome has a rate of 1 case per 1000 men (approximately). Many of these men experience developmental delays (in that they tend to be more immature than their peers), but do eventually catch up. Unfortunately, until they do, they're more likely to commit a crime. I may be off, but it looks like those tend to have more of a sexual nature to them.

One last thing: men can live with XYY syndrome and not even know it.

So, it's entirely possible (especially since they've used it before) that the new guy has this syndrome. I think it's an interesting twist for the character coming in (something new with a new main character is always good). I think it's a way to separate him from Grissom, too. Can't wait to see what they do. :)

10. alienor

alienor Police Officer

I had exactly the same impression about WP's answer.:lol:

As regards Heather, I think that people focus too much on her past activity. Why couldn't she have "normal" relation ? She can keep the boundary clear between her activity and her love life, she may be a dominatrix for people who need that, but Grissom does not. I don't consider her as a dirty person. She is a deep, caring, sensitive person capable of love like anyone else. :)

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  11. LpoHeartsNick

LpoHeartsNick Rookie

I want to know more about Nick.
    I wonder what kind of strange behaviour he will be exchanging. Maybe he picks up on some of Warrick's bad habits, like the drinking or drugs (though I can't imagine him on them) or if he just looses it. Starts acting a loof, or forgetting evidence. ya know? like someone that has a breakdown. If I were Nick I would be completely messed up. The fact that he was A-OK after being buried alive for at least 24 hours and only have one tiny freak out when a bug crawled on his arm. I mean really. I'd cry everyday if that were me!
    It's about time they turned Nick into a human instead of a zombie.

12. GregNickRyanFan

Hmm... I wonder if my ex bf had an extra Y. That would explain a lot. :lol: Seriously though, that might be interesting if they played it as it could make him a sexual threat rather than killer threat. I just don't like the serial killer thing because it sounds too much like Dexter.

I don't think Heather is dirty either. Its just the way the spoiler is worded "the most provocative Lady H ep ever". That worries me. Maybe she's not into S&M anymore... let's hope not. Maybe provocative means that it's something we've never seen her do. We've seen her hitting someone with a whip (the guy that killed her daughter), but what if provocative means something entirely different?

And I agree about Nick. It's a wonder he hasn't had a breakdown a long time ago.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  13. CSIL3Willows

CSIL3Willows Prime Suspect

I kinda wonder how Catherine will react to Warrick's death, being as they were quite close and all. Any spoilers regarding that??

CSIL3Willows
    -x-

14. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Question: I read your recent Dispatch in which you mentioned screening the premiere episode of CSI's ninth season. I know you are not at liberty to speak of the details, but I would really like to hear more of your opinion on the episode. Was it as good as it should be, following the death (?) of Warrick's character? And I would really like to know how William Petersen was in this episode. Did Grissom finally show strong emotions after such a incident? Considering these will be his last 10 episodes, I would really like to see much more of Grissom's character and see more revelations of his character. I hope CBS allowed the script to take that direction. — Ruth

Matt Roush: I don't want to belabor this, since we're still more than two months away from the actual premiere date, and I wouldn't want to speak for someone who feels as deeply about the show and the character as you seem to, but I was more than satisfied and even more impressed than usual by Petersen's performance and by the way the script and the show deals with the fallout of what happens to Warrick. It's pretty intense,and the return of Sara adds even more emotional weight to the episode. Can't say how far they'll continue to explore Grissom's psyche in his remaining episodes as a series regular, but they're off to a promising start.

From TV Guide: http://www.tvguide.com/Ask-Matt/080725

For those wondering, Matt Roush and other critics were able to see the first episode last week.

15. GregNickRyanFan

Lucky them. I now wish I was a critic. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.