Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

Am I the only one who doesn't interpret "the team notices the change in Nick's behavior" as indicating a turn to the dark side? It could just as easily mean Nick's in a better mood and has started dating the grief counselor. After all the change is noticed in, what, episode 8? Since the timeline will probably jump to current time in ep. 4, ep. 8 will be months after the shock of Warrick's death.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Good point Elayne. Maybe he (much like Warrick did when Nick was buried alive) will be a point in his life where he'll start to think about settling down and starting a family.

3. CCA

CCA Police Officer

I think the reason most of us believe it's for the worse, and not the best when Nick is changing in behavior. Because you get that description and the next one to come out is he's seeing Warrick around town. Now unless he's sees dead people, it sounds like he's having a hard time coming to turns with the fact his best friend is dead. Thus why I think it means meltdown,...and if they were to go with him being happy I'd be shocked because nobody in their right mind would be happy only after a few months of losing somebody so close to you in your life. Grief may hit everybody differently...but Nick takes things to heart and this will definitely change who he is as a character for the rest of the show...or that's how I see it hahah

4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I think for the sake of drama, it will probably be for the worst.

Nick's had a lot of crap to deal with over the years and this will be the final straw.

5. mimefan

mimefan Dead on Arrival

I really like it how Natalie's coming back.

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Sorry I tried to edit my previous post, but it was too late.

I, personally, don't believe Nick will carry on as he did with Grave Danger because before he had his friends to lean on to get him through that trauma-to keep things normalized.

However, with Warrick's death, there isn't anyone there to really turn to because all of them will be dealing with their own grief at the loss and Nick isn't one to impose his own pain on others because he's selfless like that.

That's my juxtaposition on it.

As for Lady Heather, I don't think that it will be a dominitraix night for Grissom because the loss of her daughter and subsquently her granddaughter through a custody battle (where her profession was used as a weapon) caused her to lose interest in the whole S&M lifestyle.

So provocative could mean many,many things. TPTB liked to give out spoilers in a very guarded fashion using words that could mean one thing another.

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Me too, she was a freaky complicated psycho, and we never got any closure to what happened to her, and I want to see the how they handle this, if she escapes or if Grissom goes to visit her, and the WHY Sara:wtf:

8. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

"Why Sara" was what made the whole story arc crumble. We're supposed to believe she's triggered by bleach because of what happened to her sister, but all of a sudden she's lucid enough to put together the GSR and want revenge on Grissom, going outside her MO? Ridiculous.

When they left her, she was out of her mind nuts. For her to come back in any capacity other than that would stink highly of ratings manipulation, although since she turned out to be so boring and less scary than we thought I can't imagine why that would increase ratings.

Lady Heather...that could be interesting, as long as they bring back the fire and independance and forgo the weepy, weak character she became.

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Well, actually Grissom told the while team about Ernie, how Natalie blamed him, and then it then Natalie, went after Sara, very clear in her freaked out brain! when Grissom announced, "I took the only person she ever loved, and now she's doing the same thing to me" and the expression on all of their faces [the team] classic, the whole MH issue was always about "who did these" and finally we found out, so I feel she was a very interesting person, who can get into the brain of a mental case? that's why I, and others want to get some conclusion about this character!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
  10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I still thought who turned out to be the minature killer seemed a little anticlimatic to me. It's like that "Fear Itself" episode of BTVS. They thought the fear demon was the big huge monster and turned out it was this thing that was so tiny you could squash it with your foot. :lol: that's the way I felt about Natalie. It in my opinion was just a weak idea of a killer. I'm not saying all killers should be male, but honestly, these shows are always talking about how there are a tiny number of female serial killers. I really expected it to be a guy.

11. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Yeah I expected better then the whole GSR drama that it turned out to be.

12. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

i love that, thats the thing im actually looking most froward to this season
    she's psycho but adorable, i feel sympathy for her.
    and Smokey she wasn't going outside her MO because this wasn't part of her original plan i dont think because she never expected to get suspected and for Ernie to take the wrap for her, it was all so unexpected and that made her enraged at Grissom and so she started watching him and trying to hurt him as much as he hurt her, then she found out about him and Sara but dont think she ever intended to kill Sara because she promised Ernie she wouldn't which is why in DD when Hodges was taking trace from her head she was going crazy and saying "your special girl" and "I Promise" because she knew if Sara died she had betrayed Ernies final wish.
    :D rant over.

13. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

That would be really really REALLY stupid. That research is completely outdated and was thrown out. The scientific community accepts that there is no correlation between violent behaivour and the extra Y. Almost every male with that doesn't even know about it, because there isn't a significant difference between them and genotypically normal males. There definitely wouldn't be any 'struggle'. Even with relatives with violent behaivour this wouldn't happen...the genetics for criminal behaivour isn't that strong. And my genetics text books are pretty recent...

Yeah, the miniature killer story went down the tube with GSR. That was stupid and pointless, i don't like that they are beating the dead horse.

14. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

That's why I said "Allegedly being a predictor of violent behavior." With that informed knowledge, and what was also posted above about it not being a big deal, I hope they don't go there with it.

From what I understand, certain predispositions to mental illness and autism spectrum disorders can be passed genetically, but none of those are certain, and not necessarily predictors of violent behavior. So...yeah. I agree, that I'd like to see something unique and not already disproven.

Yeah....Besides, she had a psychotic break with reality. No mental health professional would find her fit to stand Trial. She was catatonic, talking to people who weren't there, etc. Research shows that in order to be competent to stand trial, you have to be able to consult with your attorney with a reasonable degree of rational understanding, and have rational as well as factual understanding of the proceedings going on.

It's unclear what happens afterwards, but obviously, since Natalie was a danger to herself and others, she was locked up. Then, one is held until they're competent or committed indefinitely/treated.

Here's an article I found online about competency and standards, if you care to read it. http://aja.ncsc.dni.us/courtrv/cr37/cr37-2/CR37-2ZapfRoesch.pdf

Also, she never set out to go after Grissom. It was after Dell blew his brains out that she really lost it. I can believe that happened, just because she was pretty psychotic and out there (why did she push her sister out of the treehouse if she wasn't) However, I'd think that she'd go after Grissom, personally, but oh well.

Either way, I'm not thrilled that she's coming back. I think her story is done, and anything else is beating a dead horse.

15. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

not sure if it's a good idea to bring back Natalie. Although the Minature Killer series of episodes was great, and very well done, I think it's a bad idea to go back as it where.

When you've finished a really good story line, with a strong conclusion, it's kinda asking for trouble to re-visit it.

I'm all for Lady Heather coming back, and I'm all for Sara Sidle coming back, and to tie that all in with Griss leaving. But why the minature killer? They gonna ressurect Paul Milander and Sid Goggle while we're at it?

Grissom as a character deserves one hell of a send off, and that should involve some new things, not just bringing back the old. Kinda seems to me they may be trying to cram as much into these 10 episodes as they can, to make the most of him being there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.