Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I would like to see Ellie back again. I'd like a little happier outcome to her and Brass' storyline.

I'm also excited about Vartan returning. I have seen the actor pop up now and then on other shows.

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

That's cool that Det. Vartann is returning, I always liked him, he was mellow and cool, and worked well with the team, look's like all kinds of people are coming back, and maybe they're bringing him back as a romantic catch for Cath, they had a good connection, I always thought she'd be with Warrick they were always so in tune, but if he's 'gone' he'd be the next one I'd pick for her;), but maybe there's another reason. I'm also looking forward to Greg's book, that will be great for him & the fans. And on poor Nick, and his sidekick gone, poor guy, he'll probably give another great acting performance pertaining to this issue!

3. vienna82

vienna82 Civilian

I know most people seem to think that the new character's disease will revolve around XY chromosome issue because of cryptic hints by Ausiello and TPTAB. For some reason I find this pretty boring and redundant (because of current research) and I think there are other possibilities for the writers.
    If we take Ausiello's letter hint, well, all DNA consists of amino acids adenine, cytosin, guanin and thymin, represented by the letters ACGT. Hmm...if we add or drop a letter here, it will inevitably change DNA and could possibly lead to a genetic disease.

I want the new character's disease to be porphyria. It's a genetic disease and it's been on the show previously. In Justice is Served (1x21) there was this doctor who killed people to eat them to balance out her haemoglobine level. Her disease literally turned her into a killer. I think it would make for a more interesting disease to explore than some "murder gene". Especially for a brilliant scientist, who has to chose between madness and death, this opens a plethora of moral issues and ethical questions to explore.

Now, I don't know how many people, who have suffered from this disease, have actually turned into killers before, but here we have a true link between cause and effect, not some vague, misleading out-dated research. Now, I'm not playing into the whole vampire, drink (your own) blood thing like the good doctor on CSI but this disease is linked to extreme rage, psychosis, etc.

4. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I'm glad Vartaan is back. I like him. I don't want to see Nick's Father, maybe his mother, not his father, I don't like him the way he blamed his son in Graves Danger, like Nick did that on purpose to get kidnapped or not paid attention what he was doing or something. If you don't remember what his dad said, I will tell you what he said. Nick's dad said, "Oh, pancho, what have you got yourself into."

5. queenlynx

queenlynx Witness

Well, maybe his dad said that out of remorse, and not blaming. He cared about his son, didn't he? And Vartaan was probably my favorite detective other than Brass and Sophia. I can't wait to see him when he's back.

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Now that GSR is finally out picture (thank god). I want to see Sophia back in town.

She had great chemistry with Nick.

And I want more Mandy!!! Mandy!!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  7. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I'm sorry, I don't want Sofia back on the show, she has no chemistry with anyone, but except Brass and Greg.

I have to disagree with you myfuturecsi, Sofia has no chemistry with Nick whatsoever, but I have to agree with you about Mandy, thank to you for get me like Nick and Mandy. Mandy and Nick does have chemistry with each other. Nick does seem to like Mandy and so it Mandy, I think she has a crush on him, who does. That's my opinion. Each of their own who they like.

8. Desertwind

I have to agree with this post, I saw no chemistry with her or anyone, plus she's gone...and I hope NIck gets some comfort about his pal... and GSR out of the picture:lol: NOT Sara will be returning in the 1st ep "For Warrick" to comfort Grissom, [after he called her] and her team mates, and will continue for quite a few episodes:thumbsup:

*Spoiler*
    A devastated Grissom calls Sara after he hears the news about Warrick
    Sara takes the first flight from San Francisco, but as she arrives in Vegas, she can no longer get into the crime lab. Grissom tries to get her a job as a lab-tech, with little success... Nick, Greg, Cath, Brass and Doc will all welcome her back! and will be glad she's there for them all, in their time of grief and tragedy, she loved him too! [don't know about Ecklie]:evil:

9. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Woe! Woe!! Cool it there desertwind. It's that absolute zealousness that drove me to dislike GSR-the minute anyone criticizes GSR-it's like blowing up a mosquito with a nuclear bomb-a 100 per cent overreaction to minor criticism of the relationship.

The GSRs didn't help there cause with that reaction, IMHO.

I'm referring to AFTER episode 10 when Grissom leaves.

And whether or not Sofia has chemistry, I still liked her.

But Mandy..I would..pay the writers to hook her and Nick up..if I had the money! I'd pay them big TIME to hook them up.

But that's for the shipper thread.

I'm hoping a lot of people come back to CSI.

10. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I've read this "spoiler" a hundred times here, I think, but I don't remember that it said how enthusiastically everyone would "welcome her back". I'm thinking they'll be a little too preoccupied with their friend's murder to get a party together for Sara.

I'll be glad to see Vartann again. And the return of Sofia would be nice, as long as she's still a detective and not a CSI again.

ETA:
    Exactly!! Nicely put. That's how I feel.

11. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

MyfutureCSI and Smokey, I totally agree with you.

I personally don't want to see Sophia come back, as I never could stand her and I don't think she had chemistry with anyone. Too me, she just never fit in.

You know I'll miss Grissom, but I won't miss GSR. :rolleyes: And if there is one reference to it after Episode 10, I...I... won't be responsible for my actions.

Now if tptb could give ANY hints, any at all what they have planned for Nick, Greg, Catherine, Brass, etc. this season that would be really NICE!

Now before someone posts something that has already been posted, I'm talking about something new. Yes, we know everyone will have to deal with Warrick's death and I think this gives an opportunity for Nick to shine, but they can only really do this for so many episodes. What happens after they catch the killer with the rest of the characters? You know, the ones that have been totally ignore since someone announced he was leaving. What do their futures hold?

12. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

^Yeah I think everyone INCLUDING the media has forgotten that there are OTHER people on the show-hell even writers seemed to forget that. In spite of BP's warnings about leaving-they still made him the main man of the show and ignored good storylines that could flush out the characters fully. Then the main guys leave and their like Oh ShXX!

Serves them right if the show nose dives.

But I'm hoping for more spoilers about the others, but alas it's too much to ask I guess.

Oh I still like Sofia, I don't think she was given a fair chance to shine. She was a good character, but brought in under the wrong circumstances.

And I'm neutral about Riley-quite neutral-but she's Canadian!! So that's a good thing!!!! Go Canada!!!

13. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

You got a point there, myfuturecsi. They don't give Sofia in a fair chance. I guess, she is in the bad time to come in on the show. Along she come back as a cop, not a CSI.

14. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

See, I'm another one who thought Sofia had great chemistry with the CSI's. I thought she worked better as a detective than a CSI. I hope she comes back for Warrick's funeral/to help the others grieve. Maybe they can explain her departure.

I also want to hear more about Catherine. We've heard nothing about her other than Lindsey gets caught in the club with the fake ID. (I wonder how old she'll be this season, 25? ;))

How's she gonna handle what happens to Warrick? Will Ecklie pick her to succeed Grissom? Is she ever gonna find a man that's not trouble?

15. Desertwind

I can't wait to see Nick and Greg and the rest of the team and the fact is this is happening, what it is it is, and I also am glad that Vartann, is returning, and there are no *spoiler* news bullentins right now, and what if someone started pounding away on some one that someone else couldn't stand, then the rest of the fans have to hide and not say anything, catch my drift, I love CSI, and the whole team and I've read the same things others have posted over and over as well, and I don't mind at all, big deal! so what? but when one fan says something that's inaccurate, then it has to be corrected, and the truth will prevail.. on Sofia, she was OK, and had some stellar moments, but I am a hard core "original cast fan" not that new people aren't great, but they don't seem to last very long, Mia, Ronnie.. etc.and I think Louise is back in England doing new projects, and is done with CSI, but on this show nothings out of the realm of possibility I can't wait to see Paul/Brass and maybe he'll be the one to solve the murder, he's very intuitive, and sharp, and will want to get to the bottom of this case, and the fans who whine about new *spoiler* news, go research and find some fresh news for all of us to share:thumbsup: it will be a beautiful thing.. PEACE to all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.