Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions P3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

From the website we're not supposed to name Langston and Riley are taken hostage. Not much but that's all they're saying right now. It also mentions Det. Vega among the guest cast.

I wonder where Nick, Catherine, or even Greg were that a level 2 and a level 1 were alone to be taken hostage?

Susan

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  2. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

That sounds like a similar plot of one of those earlier spoilers that all came out at once. Seems like they weren't all so false after all? The original spoiler had Hodges and Riley as hostages and it also said that Greg was going to do something that may end his career as a CSI - I wonder if that is also true? (Event hough David Rambo says he has no knowledge of it)

original spoiler:

3. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

A Level 1 and Level 2 can work by themselves. They do not need to supervised. I'm sure for a Level 1 there is a training period and after that they can be on their own.

Yes, even a dead body.

4. blackflag

Yah, but Langston still needed to have Catherine sign off on his evidence in the last episode. It only makes sense to me (there I go trying to make sense of things again!) that if you're signing your name to his evidence you would want to keep a better eye on him.

I also have the complaint of where is the uniformed officer who should have cleared the scene before the CSI's arrived.

Susan

5. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Maybe it was Officer D.A. Michaels. :lol:

6. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Hey, it could have been! We all know that guys attention span!

I think having Langston and Riley held hostage(that is, if it's true) is that maybe the originals (Cath, Nick, and Greg) can work their magic and find them. Plus, Riley and Langston are the newcomers. You can't have them go a season without being put in danger! That would be sending them the wrong message.

As far as the whole Taylor Swift episode, I am looking forward to it. Not just because of Nick ansgt, but because I want her to prove me wrong, and show that she can carry an episode. I want to see what kind of acting chops this girl really has. Plus, I'm a big fan of her music.

The spoilers seem like they are half true and half false based on recent developed storylines. It's a shame Stokes on Duty got the boot, but IMO, Nick has more than enough ansgt in his life, especially with Turn, Turn, Turn coming next week. Can't Catherine get some drama, and when I mean drama, I mean a full completed story arc, por favor? :)

7. blackflag

:guffaw::guffaw: Have we seen him since Bodies in Motion?

Kimbo08, while that was from the website we can't link to it is listed as the Press Release with the cast and guest cast listed, so I think it's a given. I'm just happy to see Vega listed. Next to Brass he's my favorite of the detectives. :)

Also, I would love to go a full season without putting anyone in danger. I wasn't looking forward to Stokes On Duty and I'm glad it's turning out to be false.

Susan

8. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I know what you mean about Catherine, but she had seven seasons of angst and amazing story arcs where Nick had one or two episodes every three or four seasons. So it's not such a stretch for him to have more than one story arc this season.

And Stokes on Duty sounded so good because we've been given some glimpse into Nick's rage throughout the seasons and to me it appeared we were going to see some kind of repercussion of those scenes. A comeuppance so to speak.

9. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I don't think Catherine has had THAT much angst, definitely not seven seasons worth. Between Nick and the hooker, Nick being molested, Nick chasing everyone, and Nick being buried alive, I think he's had way more angst IMO of course. Plus, I think Turn, Turn, Turn will still give us a peek at his inner most issues. I think we saw alot of rage from him in For Warrick. It wasn't enough in my opinion, but we haven't seen much from anyone els eon the show except for Grissom.

I think TTT will shed light on Nick's issues. Not technically pertaining to Warrick, but enough to hold us Nick fans over if you ask me.

Plus, does Nick really need to whip his gun out AGAIN?!?!

10. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

LANGSTON AND RILEY ARE TAKEN HOSTAGE WHEN A NORMALLY QUIET LAS VEGAS NEIGHBORHOOD BECOMES THE CENTER OF A CHAOTIC CRIME SCENE, ON "CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION," THURSDAY, MARCH 12
    Denzel Whitaker ("The Great Debaters") Guest Stars As Frankie Kirkland

"No Way Out" - Langston and Riley are taken hostage during the aftermath of a shootout in an usually calm Las Vegas community, on CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, Thursday, March 12 (9:00-10:01 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Denzel Whitaker ("The Great Debaters") guest stars as Frankie Kirkland.

GUEST CAST:

Frankie Kirkland.................... Denzel Whitaker
    Det. Sam Vega......................... Geoffrey Rivas
    Officer Mitchell.......................... Larry Mitchell
    Reggie Hatcher...................... Michael J. Pagan
    Training Officer........................... Wiley Pickett
    Witness #1..................... James Kirayama-Lem
    Witness #2................................... Dana Barron
    Brian Morley.............................. Rob Benedict
    Swat Lt. Jack Parker................. Vincent Duvall
    Dr. Franks..................... Michael Bryan French

WRITTEN BY: Fulvia Charles-Lindsay
    DIRECTED BY: Alec Smight

11. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

No Way Out is sound good, I think Langston and Nick will make a better hostage then Lanston and Riley. I think Rily will get on the guy's nerves by talking to him like her parents does. I will be watch it.

12. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Was this an official CBS press release? Because I find it rather curious that there is no record of such a writer existing, on IMDB or anywhere else on the web, aside from other reports of this spoiler. On an episode this important-sounding, I really can't imagine TPTB relying on a writer with no past experience in movies or TV (at least if IMDB, which I generally find to be quite reliable is any indication).

It's probably right, but I'm crossing my fingers that it's not. Like everyone else, I don't love the combination of CSIs taken hostage. I like both Riley and Ray, but I'd rather see one of them paired up with one of the established characters on this one.

13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I agree with you, but maybe the writers are trying to develop these new characters and thought this might be a way of doing so.

Just a guess.

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think they are doing it this way because the other characters have been through enough. Still, I think Wendy and Riley being held hostage would have been interesting. Riley the Level 2 and Wendy the possible soon to be Level One. Plus I'd like to see a friendship form there.

15. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

It's an official CBS release. Fulvia Charles-Lindsay is a freelance-writer and this is his first script for the show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.