Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions P2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Well there sure is a reason for CBS and TPTB to have Marg promote the show, and I'm not complaining at all.

2. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Well in all fairness and in no way to slight the Marg fans, it would not be a bad idea to start reminding people of George, Eric and Paul given they will be, along with Marg, the only characters left-or one given that Greg has only been a CSI for a few years. For marketing purposes, CBS may want to promote them as heavily as they have Marg and Billy because those two have worked very hard over the years and have little credit given for it simply because they don't wear the titles of 'leading characters.' They have provided a lot to the show and have been instrumental in its success as much as Billy and Marg have. It's strange that CSI promotes itself as an 'ensemble' cast but when comes time for advertising the show, the PR people of CSI shift their gears back to the leading characters?

Not only that, Billy is leaving. So why promote someone who is leaving? Shouldn't the focus be on the future and not the past?

Just my two cents. Not trying to stir a debate and I've frankly given up on TPTB ever giving anyone other than Marg and Billy credit for the success of CSI. It's a loss cause.

More spoilers please..anything on Doc Robbins, Brass-what about our poor forgotten, sarcastic detective.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Three main characters are leaving, but two will return, for 'guest spots', WP is still going to have a say in CSI, is still the ex. producer, and will keep his hand and have a say so on what's going on, and will return for other episodes when the role is right. On Warrick, and his coming back and not in 'flashbacks" I want to know what that exactly means:confused: and there will be some great guest stars, as in past seasons, which will be intriguing. I still want to know how Natalie will be introduced back in the ep, she'll be appearing in:wtf:

CSI MOVIE IN THE WORKS

4. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I agree on what you said, partially. TPTB themselves always promote CSI as an ensemble, but not the PR people. Over the years the two most promoted CSI stars in the media have always been Billy and Marg. Personally, I don't think anyone is playing favoritism or stuff. Instead, it's also part of the two actors' job as the leading man and woman to do the promoting. Being the leads means not just more fame or more money, but also more responsibility. Of course I wouldn't mind if they focus on other cast members occasionally, but alas we don't get that often. Although, notice that it doesn't happen to just CSI. It's the same for a lot of shows. Perhaps it's the way the entertainment industry works. I don't know. Who knows, maybe the others feel relieved that they don't have to deal with all those talk shows and interviews...they could have been stressed by those, too. :lol:

5. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

There is a limit as you all know in which actors/actresses are discussed in the lab, hence the reason I posted the quote above. The fact that this has gotten out into threads (ie the ET reporting) for the said actors/actress does not make this a spoiler, the only time it would is if they are giving away information in which their character is involved. If there is nothing involved in that line then a thread for the ET Reporting can be created to discuss the actors role in the reporting/Promoting.

This thread is not to argue, or discuss whichever you preferre to call it over who should be getting more screen time in promoting the show, this is for the Episodes again as stated above in the quote. We thank you for your cooporation. *Now I am off to find more coffee* :)

ETA: If you are unsure if it is a spoiler you can pm and ask, but keep in mind we need the info to determine. ;)

6. sara25

sara25 Hit and Run

9x08-Young Man With a Horn

A actor is found dead in his home with a broken wine bottle shoved in the back of his head.

7. Alex

Alex Lab Technician

9x07 - Woulda...

8. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I point to the post on the bottom of page 16 of this thread in which I pointed out discussions in regards to actresses/actors in this thread, for those who missed it please feel free to check it out. ;)

As to the article and its discussions afterward none of which contained spoilers and they were moved to the Marg/Catherine discussion thread, If you are looking for them. - Thank you.

9. ilovegrissom

ilovegrissom Hit and Run

wow. the Natalie Davis is going to be great. I wonder if there is a trial (if she's mentally stable) or if she takes a plea deal. I can't wait for this new season to begin. I'm going to buy some popcorn for thursday!

10. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Oh yeah, crazy Natalie! Sounds like fun. Can't wait.

9x08 - Also this episode will be a good and funny episode concerning Greg and his love for old Vegas.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  11. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

12. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

Aww, that was a nice video! :) I especially liked the part where Billy talked about all the cast being together. The scene of them all in the diner in the finale is by far one of my favourite CSI scenes. :)

13. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

The way they talked about Warrick and Marg's remark about about how we'll be surprised makes me wonder if he's really gonna die. Opps we should discuss thie further in the For Warrick thread...

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I have a question: Was the scene they showed where Grissom said "I worried that Warrick would never let it go." From the new ep? Cause I really don't remember that scene from "For Gedda" and I watched that ep twice.

15. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I believe so. Because he is in the same position he was in when he was talking to Brass about the first witness to a crime is usually a suspect or something like that. If I'm not mistaken it part of the same scene in For Warrick...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.