Season #9 Spoiler Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by PerfectAnomaly, May 30, 2012.

1. stormymac

stormymac Hit and Run

It's a fantastic movie called Miracle (I actually have it on pause right now). One of the things I would love to see this season is the introduction of the legendary Donald Flack Sr and, if that could finally happen (in my dreams), I always thought it would be really cool if they could get Kurt Russell to play him. Like I said, only in my dreams.

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

A bit more about 9.01:
    ~ It looks like Danny is also playing in the hockey game. In addition to Mac, Jo and Hawkes are in the crowd as well. (There may be others there, of course, but that's who I know for sure.)

~ As a random note, this episode clarifies that Flack's mother is alive.

~ Mac and Christine are still together, and she appears in the episode.

~ Mac tells Frank that he's doing well after being shot in the finale, but we later find out that he's been having some memory problems due to the blood loss, which caused his brain to be deprived of oxygen for a short time. These problems could be temporary or permanent.​
    As always, remember that spoilers are just rumors, and are subject to change (a little or a lot) between now and when the episodes air. :)

3. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I never got the sense that Flack's mother was dead.

Flack and Messer in a hockey game!! :thumbsup:

4. Faylinn

They've never said much about his parents, although I know I've been curious for a long time. :lol: I think it was that 'time travel' episode that made me wonder if his mom might have died, but they never said for sure. So now I know. :p

(Did they mention her being alive before? All I can remember are a few comments about his dad. Maybe I'm just dumb. :lol:)

5. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Memory problems? :wtf: Sounds a bit fanfic-ish cliche if you ask me.... not to mention that medically blood loss and subsequent oxygen deprivation has more immediate and generally more physical effects than memory loss. Retrograde amnesia is more due to a concussion type injury. And anoxic brain injury (which is what the spoilers are describing and which is what happened when he went pulseless for a while during surgery in the finale), results in stroke-like issues after the event, or memory loss and varying degrees of cognitive difficulties combined with other deficits. But I digress. And I while I know it's partly the medical me taking issue with the inaccuracy TV takes towards the field, the whole 'memory loss' thing is really just SO overdone in fanfic that it would still rub me the wrong way.

Ok, mini rant done. :lol:

LOVE that Christine is mentioned and that they're still together and she'll be in the episode :D

And as far as Flack's parents go, nothing has been mentioned regarding their living/dead status that I know of.... Just that Flack has mentioned he'd kill for one his mother's corn beef (?) Wednesdays and obviously that his father was a cop.

6. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Yeah, I did have my suspicions on the memory loss part unless maybe he hit his head hard?

Can't wait til GS, AJ, and others post pics on twitter.

7. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

thanks Fay.

8. Rena

Rena Rookie

Oh, come on, it's all about DRAMA :lol::lol::lol:
    No, seriously, I totally agree with you. Inaccuracy combined with overdone storylines is so annoying. It's like every popular TV-show has to borrow all the clichés in order to stick to all the myth and nonsense that "TV-reality" has created.
    Ok, after reading the first rumors I'm really looking forward to seeing the first pics by the cast on twitter & co. :drool:

9. Faylinn

From MegaBuzz:

10. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Gary and Rob Morrow in CSI Ny Season 9.01 + 02

[​IMG]

11. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Thanks Nelh2

12. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

13. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

14. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Thank a lot Perl!

15. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Some maddening news from TVGuide's Mega Buzz:

Seriously?? If they leave them two episodes short of 200 I'll never watch CBS again. :wtf: :scream: