Season 9 Ratings Thread

Vegas Lights shared this in the NY forum, so I hope it's okay if I posted over here... but I figured it'd make your guys day/night. It sure did mine! :D

Here's some good news coming from Nina Tassler:

Despite yet another successful season, including current dominance in total viewers and adults 18-49, the ongoing concern at CBS is the glut of procedural crime solvers, including the CSI franchise.

“As long as those shows continue to be competitive, as long as the fans still continue to watch the shows, they’re going to stay on the air,” said Tassler regarding the futures of CSI: Miami and CSI: NY. “Both shows are doing incredibly well in their new time periods, given what was there before.”
Link & link.

Also from TV guide...
On the aging CSI franchise: Don't send CSI, CSI: Miami and CSI: NY to the TV graveyard just yet. Tassler heaped praise on the two spin-offs. "Both shows are doing incredibly well in their new time periods," she said. "The audience loves watching how a case is solved. As long as those shows continue to be competitive, and as long as fans continue to watch the shows, they're going to stay on the air."
source: http://www.tvguide.com/News/CBS-President-Charlie-Sheen-1027687.aspx

In the preliminary numbers last night's episode Wheels Up brought 10.35 million viewers and a 2.4 in the 18/49 rating.Because of the NFL overrun the numbers will likely change downwards in the finals.

It was on time in the midwest too. I think the Golden Globes may have had an effect on the ratings.
I've seen a few posters(elswhere) that stated they missed the episode,but I don't know if that's because they tuned in at an earlier time or not.

I think the viewers that are talking about the Criminal Minds repeats airing at 10:00 must be from the west coast?

CBS didn't schedule regular programming in the Eastern and Central times zones until 8:00 and 7:00 respectively. Therefore, the schedule was NFL, 60 Minutes, Undercover Boss, and CSI:Miami. However, the game was over by the time the schedule started out west, so CBS programmed 60 Minutes, Undercover Boss, CSI:Miami, and Criminal Minds repeat out there. Those that were watching the Criminal Minds repeat at 10:00 were late for the CSI:Miami party. :(

I'm starting to hope it gets cancelled, its well past its prime... besides, I'd love to see Horatio as a regular character on "CSI:NY", he'd have to lose the one-liners but he was very 'NY' in Mia/NYC Nonstop, and also in Manhattan Manhunt.

I'm starting to hope it gets cancelled, its well past its prime... besides, I'd love to see Horatio as a regular character on "CSI:NY", he'd have to lose the one-liners but he was very 'NY' in Mia/NYC Nonstop, and also in Manhattan Manhunt.

While I agree that I loved Horatio both times the character appeared on CSI NY, if the TV critics and show watchers are to be believed, it is CSI NY that is in danger of being cancelled. :(

I would hate to see either show go. CSI NY is by far the more realistic of the two, maybe that's why Horatio is so much more attractive in that setting, but for a lot of fans CSI Miami's over-the-top approach has an allure.

I love the team on CSI NY and really wish Miami could be more like them. I think this season Miami is making gains in a return to the team approach.

I loved Melina. It broke my heart to see her go. :( CSI Miami is my primary focus and I found myself wishing that they could coax Melina to come to CSI Miami and replace Procter. Melina has much better chemistry with Caruso then Procter and Stella wouldn't for one minute stand for the crap that Horatio's been pulling for the last four seasons. ;)

I think Sela is doing and amazing job. I like her and how her character is fitting in. Not sure about the ex-husband storyline (though I adore David James Elliott since his start on JAG), but time will tell if it's successful.

Let's just cross our fingers for the continued success of both shows and hope we can get another great cross-over in the near future! :thumbsup:

Not bad ratings, Not the best either, it was a lot better on Mondays, IMO.

I love Gary/Sela on "CSI:NY" and David James Elliott has always been brilliant (its strange to see him without Catherine Bell though)

It would have been cool to see Stella kick some sense into Horatio, but Emily Procter was never intended to be the "female lead", that was always supposed to be Kim Delaney, that doesn't make it any less sad that Horatio & Calleigh have had maybe 10 scenes together since Season 4.

It was apparently a sluggish night for all shows due to the NBA All-Star game, which scored a high 4.0 in the important demo of 18-49. Next week CSIM will be up against the Oscars.

It was apparently a sluggish night for all shows due to the NBA All-Star game, which scored a high 4.0 in the important demo of 18-49. Next week CSIM will be up against the Oscars.

OBVIOUSLY, Sunday is the most difficult night for scripted TV show competition. Football, basketball, now the Oscars? (Let's not forget various award shows that aired back in Jan).

Ugh. For once, I'd like to see what the show's ratings would be if there was NO un-scripted competition! :rolleyes: Has that happened this season even ONCE?

You are so right, BBS. Any scripted show would not do very well in this timeslot; that is why I think CBS will give it some slack when deciding on renewal. CSIM is doing better than last year's shows and that is what they wanted.

Also, some good news--CSIM beat H5O in viewership this week! H5O also posted it's lowest 18-49 rating of the year.

On the east coast, yes. But here on the west coast Oscars run from 5-8pm, so Miami should be fine.

Back