Season 9 in the UK

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Solitaire, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

It is a good job that she is a terrible shot!
    I dont think any of them are good at undercover work. They seem to get caught rather quickly. But I suppose with Natalia's background in the lab she wouldnt have the same kind of experience as the others. I see what you mean about the hearing loss, but she was in denial and Ryan did pretty much the same thing with his sight, I dont know, these csi's are so intelligent but dont seem to have any common sense! Then again, I used to flat share with an astrophysicist who was just the same!

2. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

I know they are all bona fide members of the MDPD, and I assume they all went through basic police training, but have any of them, apart from Horatio and Ryan, actually done 'conventional' police work?

3. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ I think Calleigh did, I think there was something mentioned once. Eric came through via the diving thing (yeah, getting technical here!) And nothing is mentioned of Walter's past, is it? I dont think we know much about him at all.
    So, Daisymay, what did you think of H throwing the rapist out of the window? Although I did laugh, and he did deserve it (and more) im sure Horatio crossed a line there. IAB would have a field day, if there were any IAB staff left, it did seem to consist of just Stetler.

4. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

The dream sequence was one of the best opening to any CSI episode IMO. Very strange and surreal and very different from the norm. Its a pity the episode went downhill after that with the actual storyline. I think this epsiode and the following one in the sugar mill were 2 stinkers back to back.

5. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Well, I have to say, I have no problem with H getting rough with these scumbags - we're always pretty certain they ARE the bad guys, by the time he does it. Either that, or he desperately needs an answer to something at the time. IAB would only have a problem if someone complained, and I don't believe any of his team ever would. 'Scumbag' might, but why would anyone take much notice, when it's his word against someone with H's record? Anyway, that's just me.
    A more serious answer - because I'm devoted to Horatio - is that he's struggling mentally throughout Season 9. I think having a lot of his bad guys escape, and having to catch them all over again, is pushing him nearer to the edge than he's been before. He's had too much happen to him over the years, and I think he's heading towards a breakdown of sorts. Although (hope this isn't a spoiler) from what we hear of Season 10, he isn't (broken, that is). I've got my own theories about how he is, and what should happen to him, but I doubt Season 10 will see it the same way!

6. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I agree that the dream sequence was one of the best openers ina ny of teh shows. It was really different, and definitely caught the attention. Great way to set up the episode, While I agree that the rest of the epi didnt maintain the same standard, for me I found it very enjoyable, and on a whole other level to the sugar epi. I really liked the episode.

Hmm. I agree that the guy got what he deserved. And I can see that tptb are trying to make him more human. I also agree with your theory about the convicts- especially Memmo, Marisols killer. Although I didnt like the Marisol thing at all it has had a big impact on H's character, and I suppose that her killer being on the loose would throw him off balance :rolleyes:

7. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

Theres been a big change I think in Horatio this series, he definitley seems more angry, more mean. I agree. maybe they are setting him up for something in season 10.

8. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Um just wondering how far of season 9 you've gotten in UK.
    In Latvia we've just promised its return next Tuesday with Blood Sugar (and I'm still not sure they really showed Happy Birthday because I didn't see it if it was)

9. marymagdalen

marymagdalen Lab Technician

Episode 9, Happy Birthday (the 200th episode) is on tonight.

10. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Oh. Then I'm confused by what measures they are showing "continues" of seasons. The official version here is bc there was summer and now they're returning for fall. But on the other hand why to start a season knowing there will be summer? :wtf:

Is the episodes been aired weekly or more frequent in UK? I'm asking this bc if weekly then we'll have Blood Sugar next week at the same day :lol:

11. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

The ep is also repeated on Thursday nights at 9pm on 5USA so i rewatch it just for Ryan

12. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

But technically weekly?

I'm gonna say thanks to channel for bringing it back. I'd watch WISC online then.
    I'm still having this feeling that they left out Happy Birthday. But maybe because I wasn't home that day and had party with friend which took my attention away from tv (omg missed Ryan :eek:)

13. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

Yeah and ep Happy Birthday is on in an hour's time yay 3rd Ryan epi

14. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Oh great. But I still haven't seen it. Which makes two possibilities, I was either too drunk:alienblush: or missed the time bc doing smth on pc with my friend, OR it wasn't even aired (which I doubt since they started Vegas on the right episode)...
    So I guess it's either of first two or both at same...
    So for now we're equal and will be watching same episode on same day.... Ha ha I gotta see it first bc of time difference :guffaw: lol

15. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^We have already had Blood Sugar here, a few weeks ago. Happy Birthday is after, it was just shown last night, although I havent had chance to watch it.
    Glad they are putting Miami back on for you BDS!