Season 9 in the UK

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Solitaire, Jul 20, 2011.

1. lal

lal Pathologist

:)^ thank you very much for the welcome back , i'm fine thank you , yourself ? , i can't wait to see more of ryan in this season

2. TnLance

TnLance Hit and Run

Why does CSI-Miami run a season behind in the U.K.? That makes no sense. With the modern technology and all the U.K. should see the show at the same time we see it in the U.S. I know CBS has headquarters in the U.K., so I wonder what is up with this?

3. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Im fine thanks. Im off on my hols this weekend, so i am in a very good mood.:)

I think it is because channel 5 like to space the 3 series out. So we get NY and Vegas not much later than they are shown in the US. So Miami gets the short straw, and the summer showing. But I like the fact that I can watch a new csi show anytime of the year.

4. lal

lal Pathologist

have a good time :)

5. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

The ending of episode 1 was a touch of a let down, especially re-using the dummy wire trick again which they'd used in a previous season, I forget which episode, but I'm sure it was in a vase on a table. It seemed to end too quickly as well for the bad guy, too easily caught, especially as he had seemed so clever before.

As for Jesse, I agree it wasnt a great ending for him, and that he had struggled to make his mark on the show. Not sure if thats down to the writers or to his performance? However I do think Walter has made an excellent addition to the team, the morgue scene I found quite touching.

Also the English accents used in American TV are terrible, I can't take to the character at all because of this. Where do they get this stereotype of our accent? I can't see him lasting long really, he seems too similar to the character that David McCallum plays in (the inferior) NCIS.

Episode 2 threw in quite a surprise to me, I was watching it thinking that Calleigh looks a bit chubbier and shes stuck behind a desk or shes out of focus in other shots.......... sure enough a quick google search and she was pregnant at the time.

Horatio seems a bit meaner in these first 2 episodes too.

All in all though its good to see it back.

And as mentioned before, although we may be a season behind the US, it is good that all year round we have brand new CSI episodes to watch here in the UK.

6. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Thanks, lal! Hopefully the weather improves. :rolleyes:

Andy, yes I seem to remember that wire trick being used before. But then, that wouldnt be the first time that these writers have reused old ideas. The end of the first epi was disappointing in that the bad guy had been made out to be really clever, and the girl who was the accomplice quite intriguing. They built it all up well enough, just to end it like they did. In one way it would have been better if the girl was sent down for it, and the guy got away with it (to have been caught later on in the series, of course :)) The team are never really challenged enough.

Ahh yes, we wont be seeing much of Calleigh this season. Lots of 2 second shots of her behind a desk. :)

7. marymagdalen

marymagdalen Lab Technician

It was a pepper grinder, I believe!

Just watched the rerun of epi 2, and found myself trying to spot strategically placed things that were hiding her baby-bump! And oops - I misread what you wrote, and missed out the final two words of the last sentence!! :guffaw:

Tbh I haven't been too impressed with Calleigh in the last couple of seasons. Since they started the whole Eric and Calleigh romance / nomance storyline, she seems to have swapped her brains for botox. Sorry, no offence to any Calleigh fans, but I hope she stops playing the "dumb blond" this season and gets her act together again.

Jude

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  8. TnLance

TnLance Hit and Run

I'll say this, and some of you, it's o.k. to disagree with me. I've been against the writers and this whole Calleigh/Eric romance since the beginning. Since I've been watching CSI-Miami, why is it that Eric has to have some fling with the new girl? In reality, in the office, that's not professional. Back to the fiction world, Eric had a short fling with Natalia (I think in Season 5,) and then, they bring on this big romance of Eric and Calleigh in Season 8. In my opinion, this show is not a daytime soap, this is Crime Drama TV. Too much of these love/relaionship scenes tend to ruin a good show like this. If I want to see love stories, I'll watch "The Young and the Restless". Now I'm not saying I'm totally against this Eric/Calleigh deal all toghether and it should be removed, but I've seen enough of it and "NOT" enough of Horatio and Crime Drama. Horatio Caine is CSI-Miami and I want more action, like episodes with chasing Memmo in it.:bolian:

9. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

It took me a minute to work out what you meant about the Calleigh sentence :lol: Now that would have been some strange camera angles!
    I agree about Calleigh. Her character has been totally off for the past few years. And it is a shame, because I used to really like her, she was one of my favourites on the show. Not any more though. She is no longer that smart, professional strong woman she once was. I know that she wont be in much at all this season, so we wont get to see much of her personality at all

Eric and Nat was season 4, E/C started off in season 5 but didnt get together until season 7. I am also not a big fan of this pairing, mainly because of the way the writers have mishandled it. But I will say no more on this subject in this thread, because this is a topic that seems to drag all the threads down here :rolleyes:

10. TnLance

TnLance Hit and Run

I think it is because channel 5 like to space the 3 series out. So we get NY and Vegas not much later than they are shown in the US. So Miami gets the short straw, and the summer showing. But I like the fact that I can watch a new csi show anytime of the year.[/QUOTE]

I'm not familiar with "Channel 5" in the U.K. Is this a Channel that programs American TV shows, owned by the BBC? In all my years in the media, I never studied Radio/TV outside the United States. My guess is that Channel 5 in the U.K. shows all U.S. TV Shows and there are so many of them that they run behind, therefore, the U.K. would run one season beind. That's an interesting topic. I'm going to have to look this up.:confused:

11. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

I'm actually loving season 9 so far and i've just realised that CSI:Miami is on everyday for the next week or so yay

12. CSIMiamiUK

CSIMiamiUK Civilian

Channel 5 has no affiliation with the BBC whatsoever. Channel Five or "Five" as it's now known does not really show American TV shows except for all 3 CSIs and The Mentalist. They have a separate channel which is just for American TV shows. Channel 5 don't have too many shows, they simply want (and have stated in the past) that they wish to show new episodes of the CSI franchise all year long. Vegas and NY start in January and when they finish, Miami kick starts its new season and basically airs not too far from Christmas and then come January, Vegas and NY start up once again.

13. marymagdalen

marymagdalen Lab Technician

So, episode two of the new season... erm... mixed feelings, tbh! It was a good storyline on the whole, but there were a few things that didn't really add up for me.

First of all, I couldn't quite make out whether the "bottle girls" were supposed to be hookers in disguise - they complained about their "job", and kept disappearing out to the cabanas to do... who knows what? The coroner called it "the most dangerous job in South Beach", and the whole taking pictures thing - were the girls supposed to lure the clients out to the cabanas and put them in a compromising position, or what? I mean, maybe I'm being stupid, but I didn't really get the whole "being a bottle girl is terrible" thing.

Second, bottle girl Sara's whole attitude seemed rather OTT - it was like she was terrified for her little boy, when in fact he didn't seem to be in any danger at all. And Horatio doing his "saving the damsel in distress" routine... AGAIN... well, it's wearing a bit thin. How many random people's children is he supporting now? I've lost count! He must get one hell of a paycheck!! It seems a bit ludicrous and unrealistic tbh.

And third, ...so Eric and Calleigh are no longer together? When did that happen? I feel like I missed something! I mean, I didn't really like the whole Calleigh/Delko thing, but to just drop it without any explanation? That's not good.

I liked Brady's character. It was obvious that he was innocent from the beginning, but he played the part well, and I loved the way he stung Erica at the end! (Nice to see her back, btw!)

So despite my moanings above, on the whole, good epi. I think!

14. lal

lal Pathologist

I really enjoy this episode , i like the bit what Brady said to Erica , i also like the chase scene at the beginning :) i can't wait to see tomorrow episode :)

15. CSI_Miamilover

CSI_Miamilover Witness