Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Quench Your Thirst!'

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but maybe it's the position he put himself in (in the finale, going against the law, etc) that has made him "go back" & really think about how/why he became a cop/CSI.

Ever since his injury he hasn't been very career driven. It's as if he just tries to stay on top of things, but I don't see him really motivated, he hasn't put forth the effort - he more or less just sat back, tried what HE thought was his best, but was actually more dependant on others (one in particular) than I think he even realized.
Maybe all this is to spark his work interest again & he'll focus on his work - I think it'd be very good for his character to build himself back up again, & do things on his own for a change.

I totally agree. I think they make him have the flashbacks to reflect on becoming a CSI in the first place. He did make some serious border-line illegal decisions in the final ep and now, he's left to face all the consequences. He also was not being careful enough with is head injury. He hasn't been the sure, overly confident Delko and I missed that, really. He's been working hard and learning again, but now, I hope that this flashback, maybe even the surgery, will light that fire in him again.

Really, what could the writers come up with on this premiere if Delko is on a hospital bed. We would get our usual interrogations and usual crime scene investigations like all year? Why should they, if we will be filled with this all season? I for one am happy they are taking a different route for this premiere only because we get to see a little change in the routine. I'm glad to think for the Premiere, which is the most important episode that forms the season and its viewers, is bringing back some of our old favorites and incorporating our new characters also. I was distraught when Speed died and I cried even harder when Alexx left. Its good to see them back on board for the first ep (if Rory decides to join them for the first episode). This should be very, very interesting to watch. I want to see their hair, clothes, makeup...everything!! I always thought about how they looked back before we met them in Cross Jurisdiction too...

One thing I ask is PLEASE don't have Eric come back after such a major surgery in the second episode, ready to work, like they did when he got shot. That season finale hurt him pretty bad, so give the guy some healing time!! dangit!!

As for Calleigh and Eric, I'm sure they discussed her making decisions like this, if something were to happen to him.

I guess this is as good of thread as any to post this in.

I was watching the first Miami/New York crossover "MIA/NYC-NonStop" yesterday with the commentary by Ann Donahue (off the CSI: NY season 1 DVD set) and she said that white is a very Miami color, which is why Horatio wears it.

It's interesting that they've changed from this thought, or general idea, from season two and moved onto pinks, periwinkles :)wtf:) and other bright colors during the recent seasons.

So--during season 8: would you like to see them move back to the original colors that made this show successful in the first place?

Also, why is Delko suddenly realizing this "flashback" type of stuff, when he could have remembered it back in season 5 when he was shot as well.

I hope they start putting H and Cal in other colors. They're both almost always in black which is kind of odd in a place that's as hot as Miami. Everyone knows that the darker the colors you're wearing the hotter you're going to get. :lol:

I hope they start putting H and Cal in other colors. They're both almost always in black which is kind of odd in a place that's as hot as Miami. Everyone knows that the darker the colors you're wearing the hotter you're going to get. :lol:

YES. Especially Calleigh. Black kind of suits Horatio, although it's still impractical.

Black being a hotter color is somewhat of a fallacy when it come down to it. I work at a theme park during my summer vacation. For the last four years my costume has been all black. I stand in the sun, march in two parades, sing, dance and entertain. I'm no hotter in my black than I was in my green, brown, burgundy or pumpkin.

Now, if you're talking synthetic fibers, than, yeah, any dark color is hotter, but you're essentially wearing a plastic bag at that point anyway. I can wear a 100 percent cotton sweatshirt in black and be more comfortable than I would be in a light weight polyester blouse in white. It's all about the fibers.

That make work for some, but me personally, I get hotter in a black t-shirt than in a lighter colored one.

Someone mentioned that Calleigh once said she didn't like to wear black because she didn't like the way she looked in it or something. Yet, they have her wearing black almost all the time now.

Last edited:

YES. Especially Calleigh. Black kind of suits Horatio, although it's still impractical.

Have any of you seen the early episodes of the Real Life TV show on A&E call the first 48? Theres this detective in Miami who always wore black and sunglasses. I know sometimes tptb will base the characters off of real life stuff and im thinking that with H, this is the case.

Also just to let yall know, if you dont already (sorry, I dont have enough time to read all the other post) but the new issue of the CSI magazine is out and this time the focus is on Miami. Unfortunatly this will be the last issue of any CSI magazine and because of that they decided to look back at the past season(1-7) and give a summary of these seasons and stating what was the best overall episode, coolest texhnique, best horatio one-liner, villain of the season, etc. speaking of villians, they interviewed some of the most notable one's such as Clavo! It also includes the behind the scenes picture of some of the last half of last season. They also mentioned many of times in the magazine on how Togo seems to be the cast joker. I got my copy at Barns and Noble. Enjoy!

That make work for some, but me personally, I get hotter in a black t-shirt than in a lighter colored one.

Someone mentioned that Calleigh once said she didn't like to wear black because she didn't like the way she looked in it or something. Yet, they have her wearing black almost all the time now.

Actually, I think that might come from the episode "Kill Zone".

After they capture Christopher Harwood, the sniper, Calleigh comes down from the roof carrying Harwood's ghillie suit. She is dressed all in black because she was working with SWAT.

Horatio asks her if she plans on joining SWAT and she tells him that she doesn't look good in all black. Horatio replies that he begs to differ. ;)

After they capture Christopher Harwood, the sniper, Calleigh comes down from the roof carrying Harwood's ghillie suit. She is dressed all in black because she was working with SWAT.

Horatio asks her if she plans on joining SWAT and she tells him that she doesn't look good in all black. Horatio replies that he begs to differ. ;)
Gosh, I sooooo miss moments like this. They were just funny and I loved them all.
Anyway I'm tired of seeing her in black. For god's sake she was the one who mentioned she doesn't look great in black. I beg to differ too since every blonde woman looks stunning in black, but this doesn't mean she has to go to a funeral every day :rolleyes:

Back on topic, I for once love the idea of chaning the premiere style and I appreciate their courage for this, but this is way too risky. As it can be absolutely awesome it can easily turn out in such a crap that many people can decide to quit watching this show. I mean it's risky, there's no way to deny it. I usually prefer safer stuff, but they decided to risk....good for them. I really wish TPTB turn out to be right about this plot.

What I'm wondering most about this premiere, is the whole Sharova's stuff, will they ignore it for the premiere and bring it back for 8x02 or will they just ingore it and throw it off in their famous continuity pool? :p

Gosh, I sooooo miss moments like this. They were just funny and I loved them all.

We need more humor. That is why I enjoyed Dead on Arrival so much.

Anyway I'm tired of seeing her in black. For god's sake she was the one who mentioned she doesn't look great in black. I beg to differ too since every blonde woman looks stunning in black, but this doesn't mean she has to go to a funeral every day :rolleyes:

I've seen Calleigh in white and she looks much better in that color. She has looked much better and younger since they softened up her makeup.

Back on topic, I for once love the idea of chaning the premiere style and I appreciate their courage for this, but this is way too risky. As it can be absolutely awesome it can easily turn out in such a crap that many people can decide to quit watching this show. I mean it's risky, there's no way to deny it. I usually prefer safer stuff, but they decided to risk....good for them. I really wish TPTB turn out to be right about this plot.

I would rather theme skip an episode like this and return to the beginning as DC stated in that interview I saw right before the season finale. You are right Florry, this could be okay but it could be pretty bad as well.

What I'm wondering most about this premiere, is the whole Sharova's stuff, will they ignore it for the premiere and bring it back for 8x02 or will they just ingore it and throw it off in their famous continuity pool? :p

If it was it was anyone else (and we know who I am talking about), it would be thrown off the continuity pool, but I have a feeling we will see Sharova again.

I completely agree.They need to put Calleigh in lighter colors.Sometimes when the rest of the team is all orange,she doesn't fit.:lol:I think when Megan left,she became second charge and black make her look less cheerful and naive but it's time to move on.

I completely agree.They need to put Calleigh in lighter colors.Sometimes when the rest of the team is all orange,she doesn't fit.:lol:I think when Megan left,she became second charge and black make her look less cheerful and naive but it's time to move on.

I guess you're right. But I personally don't think you have to wear black all the time to look more professional or less cheerful. Besides I think that cheerfulness is a usuful feature, especially in a work like hers. It definitely makes life better and easier sometimes.:)
I agree they should give her more colorful cloths. For god's sake, she's not a black widow.;)

I guess you're right. But I personally don't think you have to wear black all the time to look more professional or less cheerful. Besides I think that cheerfulness is a usuful feature, especially in a work like hers. It definitely makes life better and easier sometimes.:)
I agree they should give her more colorful cloths. For god's sake, she's not a black widow.;)

At least let her wear red, which she looks stunning in. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back