Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I guess there's only one thing left to do. Find out tptb emails and let them know how we feel or a letter campaign.

Too much? :confused: Ok, *breathe* wait until you see the episode and then
fightingsmile1.gif
tptb. :lol:

Ha ha! Well, we'd better get more organized that we were when we somehow let George lose the Sexiest CSI Contest!!! Maybe we should just hop in the car and head out there to speak to them face to face!
roadtrip.gif

But Speedy, you'll have to let me drive. :guffaw:

Smokey would you mind if I went with you all, I could be well a chaparone perhaps. I live in Ill, so not to awful far from you.

Smokey would you mind if I went with you all, I could be well a chaparone perhaps. I live in Ill, so not to awful far from you.
The more the merrier!
party-smiley-020.gif

And if there was ever anyone who needed a chaperone, it would be me 'n' Speedy! :lol:

Seriously tho, I'd like to have my voice heard, but I don't think they're listening. Hmmmm...maybe tho, once we see the direction it's taking, if it goes badly then we could try to figure out something to do.

Okay, I'm going to just wait and see how this goes. But man, we're going to have all summer to ponder this. Yikes!

ATTENTION!!!! Yeah You Guys Hi, Can I Need You All To Read Below. Thanks.

I thought that I would let you know that normally if this or any thread hits 1000 posts we lock it down, this thread is close to it. BUT since there is I believe (unless I am wrong) there is only one more episode left of the season, therefore if this goes past 1000 it will remain open until the season finale thread goes up, then this one will be locked.

As to Season 9 spoiler thread, Thats something Tally and I will talk about and decide on maybe a speculation thread that worked at one point. But we will let you know. ;)

I have a question. I'm sure it's probably been asked before, but I'll ask again. What is the biggest problem with him getting a girlfriend. Is it because of him getting one period or the girls age? The show has been on 8 years, and it's suppose to be believable. So what's not believable about a guy having a girlfriend after 8 years? I don't go by spoilers to much, I'm a wait and see type person. So say he does get a young girlfriend, would it not bother y'all as bad if you barely saw her like we did Tina?

ATTENTION!!!! Yeah You Guys Hi, Can I Need You All To Read Below. Thanks.

I thought that I would let you know that normally if this or any thread hits 1000 posts we lock it down, this thread is close to it. BUT since there is I believe (unless I am wrong) there is only one more episode left of the season, therefore if this goes past 1000 it will remain open until the season finale thread goes up, then this one will be locked.

As to Season 9 spoiler thread, Thats something Tally and I will talk about and decide on maybe a speculation thread that worked at one point. But we will let you know. ;)

Yes, Destiny, there is one more episode of this one this week. We two more episode. Two Half and a dead and For The Gedda. And that it.

Thank you for that, so then as I said on the other page the thread will remain open until the thread for that season finale episode is put up. ;)

Hey Destiny,

I don't know what you and Tally are deciding, but spoilers are already being released for Season 9, so I thought I would give you a (friendly) heads up. Plotlines and casting calls are going out, so I don't know if it would be speculating, though as we all do in the fandom before an episode, I guess it is speculation. :)

*goes back into his corner*

I have a question. I'm sure it's probably been asked before, but I'll ask again. What is the biggest problem with him getting a girlfriend. Is it because of him getting one period or the girls age? The show has been on 8 years, and it's suppose to be believable. So what's not believable about a guy having a girlfriend after 8 years? I don't go by spoilers to much, I'm a wait and see type person. So say he does get a young girlfriend, would it not bother y'all as bad if you barely saw her like we did Tina?

It certainly happens, but it's been overdone with Grissom and Sara and having an older guy like George Eads with this woman who could be his daughter would look ludicrous! It will look downright silly.

At least Grissom and had some kind of intellectual component to their relationship, but a waitress in school dating a guy who could be her father is just playing to a stereotype that has been done again and again.

CSI used to be very original in its storylines and used to be quite progressive in its portrayal of women (not greatly progressive but better then other shows). Now it seems they have just run out of ideas and are borrowing old ones to keep the show alive when it clearly should just be put out its misery before the writers do the characters a great disservive.

Last edited:

My main issue would be with the age. It's just frustrating for the media to keep portraying young guys as sexy, young girls as sexy, older guys as sexy, and then to totally ignore older women. I know, I know...there are some examples out there (Marg is one), but it's just the whole idea of it.

And I'll have to wait to see it before I can judge this next one, but it's also how it happens. Is it believable? Are they somehow going to be thrown together and hit it off and build a relationship? Doubt it, tho that would be tolerable. Or is one of them going to flirt with the other and then they get together? Unbelievable to me. Very out of character.

Showing how it happens and develops is very important to me if it's going to be believable. That's the whole problem I had with Grissom/Sara. I really liked it when she was kind of longing after him but couldn't have him. And then all of a sudden they're together. I wanted to see how and why he changed his feelings about her and their relationship.

Anyway, that's my two cents! :)

People, This is a spoiler lab, not the Nick's young girlfriend thread. I know I know, I'm not a mod, but I still do come here for spoilers at times, and its annoying to wade through 3 pages of Nick's girlfriend just to find one or two posts with spoiler content!

Season 9 spoilers? Who where? Other than Wendy in the field and new characters?

Oooooh, looks really good and intense. I can't wait, but then again I can because then we have the long summer to go through with no new eps. :(

ATTENTION!! Yeah You Guys Hi, & Yeah Doing This Again. :lol:

TallyHo & I, talked about the spoiler thread now and next season. What we have decided is this, this one will more then likely go over the 1000th mark that will be fine. It will be closed down after the season finale thread is put up.

Now this is where you have to be patient, and gather all the season 9 info if your into it, especially if its been put into this thread, which it shouldn't really have been, reason being that maybe some would have said "I swear next season not reading spoilers." and then bam there they are. The same will be done with the Picture thread for Spoilers.

We do plan to put up a season 9 spoiler thread and it will be official like this one, BUT it will not go up until a week after the last ep airs, this will give you time to gather all the info (and really we are thinking the orginial poster of said info should gather it and post it again in the new thread, to keep with credit and such. So if you get the old info and any new info save it and then when the new thread opens up it can be posted. This was also decided to give some people some down time from spoilers. :D

As to those who say that spoilers (specifically any already out for season 9) are not speculation, NO matter where you get them from let me remind you that ALL spoilers are considered speculation in that they are subject to change, until the episodes actually air there is no guarentee's what we get will happen, it could but then it may not, therefore we speculate. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back