Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

:lol: Touche. :lol:

I just think if anyone should, it should be Greg. Everyone else on the main cast (minus Brass) has had someone at some point in the show. And I'm not against him having someone if they handle it like Dave and his wife. Or Doc and his wife. Mention it, but don't make a big deal out of it. *shrugs*

Although, if this show does ever become more like Grey's than it is now, I will stop watching. I really don't like that show.

2. ashlmorr3

ashlmorr3 Witness

If it makes you feel any better, I looked at her picture, and I'm 22 and she looks way older than me. As far as the younger female/older male character. It does get a little annoying if that's all the pairings that you are seeing, but I'm not bothered for the reason that I am younger person who has been dating a guy in his thirties for 3 years now.

I say let's just wait and see. She might be younger in real life, but maybe they will make her character a few years older.

3. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Here is a TVGuide scan about the season finale and Warrick leaving.

[​IMG]

4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I agree. Just a thought...and I don't know for sure...but are the ones who think the age difference doesn't matter maybe in their twenties and the ones who don't like it are a bit older? Makes sense...a woman of any age would want to be in that romance! :) But speaking as an "older woman", yeah, it bothers me.

I hope it's handled well. Right now it just doesn't feel right.

ETA: Thanks for the TV Guide scan. It sounds very...depressing. I hope I'm just being a worry wart! (<---that's an older woman phrase, by the way) ;)

5. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Oh golly gee, Nick's with a 22 year old girl and he's like 37..wow!! I'm so surprised.

Adios CSI

6. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

Ladies and gentlemen, try not to count your eggs before they hatch. :lol:

Who knows what will actually happen. Maybe it's more of a, she really likes him and he likes her, but not in the love way. In the past, I've thought the CSI writers had really screwed up the show with what I'd heard and then I'd see it and it was completely different to what I expected. Let's keep up the positivity and wait for the episodes to air. Then we can make our true and final judgements. :)

7. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

GSRLuver is right. Don't mean the girl is going to be on contract, she probably just be like Tina or any men that Catherine got involved with. I saw the picture of her, but she is too young to be Nick's girlfriend. I think she should be with Greg, his age is not far from her age, there is rumor that Greg will get a girlfriend outside the lab. I will still watch the show. Nick date her and she date him, but don't mean they will be girlfriend and boyfriend and they ususally last long, because of his job, nightshift. What about Tina? You think she is too young for Warrick, we don't know how old she is.

myfuturecsi, are you still write a story if you quit watch the show?

8. cubbybear

cubbybear Victim

And she is blonde, totally predictable.
    And yes Smokey I am a bit older, I have been married to the same man for over 30 years and he is 4 years older than me. And I am blonde, dirty blonde, but blonde. Now I don’t want people to think I am just picking on Nick because I don’t mean to, I would feel the same no matter who they paired off. Wasn’t crazy about GSR either.
    I understand we will all have to wait and see how this and the rest of the show plays out next season, but from all indications for me anyway it doesn’t look good.
    Now if this show had started out like all of the other shows with affairs, relationships, etc, that would be one thing, but this show did not. It gave us something other than that and I found it refreshing. We have had a show that was about something other than sex and bed hopping, with a little personal info thrown in from time to time.
    Now keeping in mind this is just a fictional show, these are just characters, but for 8 years they have become a part of our lives, I came to care about all of them equally. And for me to see any of them in a relationship it justs seems so out of character and in a way creepy, I mean I just don‘t want to see it. For 8 years we have seen very little of this, now it seems it may get shoved down our throats every week. This GF of Nick’s as you have all read is a recurring character, not a guest, but recurring, she has higher status than Mandy, Bobby and most of the other well loved secondary characters, which means she is going to be a major presence.
    Why do these shows always feel like they have to pair everyone off, I mean Nick and all of them seem perfectly happy. Can’t they be single and happy.
    Now how many really believe Nick would go after a 23 year old, the Nick that we watched slowly evolve for 8 years, that is so far out of character for him. Just like it was for Warrick to poof be married, and then poof he is all drunk and with a hooker, that for me was really hard to watch, because it was so totally out of character for him. Even the GSR was so off.
    I have waited so long to see Nick, Greg even Warrick come forward, well now just Nick and Greg , and see them become leaders, but now we may have tons of new people to overshadow that plus a relationship for Nick. And I just have this feeling in my gut that Nick’s relationship will differ from the rest and we will have to see the full circle with him, fall in love, get engaged, get married(we all know how he feels about marriage) and have kids, and we will have to see it played out week after week which will take away from what we have waited 8 years to see, Nick as a leader. And what will happen to Greg has anyone even seen his name mentioned, with all the new he will probably be out.
    Many of the main characters are leaving and or are rumored to be leaving. Now if they are going to replace Warrick, why can’t they replace him with someone not only the same color but the same age. There are a lot of good looking, sexy men his age(him, George, Billy being 3). Why do they have to go young and sexy, just like with Sara, I would like to see Wendy replace her if anyone, but rumor has it someone young and sexy, there are tons of women who could fit the bill in their upper 30’s.
    I know things change it is inevitable, but if all spoilers and rumors are true, this show is going to be so unrecognizable and Grey’s like.
    And maybe I am silly, old and silly, but I am feeling so sad right now about the future of this show. I never EVER thought the creators of this show would stoop to the level of all the other shows and go the same route. I mean think about it Grey’s is nothing but affairs and relationships but what are people watching CSI which up to this point isn’t about that it is a show about something science and forensics and that has been its main focus for 8 years. There is a saying , if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.
    I am so sorry this is so long, I know many don’t feel the same way and I understand. Maybe it is because I am older, I don’t know, it just feels like I am loosing an old friend and I don’t like the feeling.

9. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

10. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I don't meant to complain so much, I just pictured Nick with someone more like him. A professional women, someone with experience and maturity who would compliment him. This reeks of middle age crisis!

11. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Your not complaining Myfuturecsi, I totally agree with you. I so see him with a professional woman too.

And since Nick is only 37 he is not old enough to have a middle age crisis, so you're right, it better not be that.

And she's blonde? How cliche. :rolleyes: At least the actress has strawberry in her hair, which is sorta keeping with Nick liking red heads. But of course, tptb might change that and make the actress dye in completely blonde.

She was suppose to be a social worker. What the hell happened to that? Did they change it because George said something about it?

It's funny cause George himself has said that he sees Nick with someone like a social worker, teacher, etc. I can only hope that he fought to have it changed, but who knows?

I said it once, I'll say it again: We know more about these characters tptb!

12. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

[​IMG] with all you guys! I just keep crossing my fingers that we're making too much out of this, but I don't know. The casting of the girlfriend is done, so we aren't makind assumptions about that. <sigh> Is she making her appearance this week or next?

I keep telling myself...I liked Keppler...I liked the new DA a few weeks ago...maybe it will be okay. But this definitely seems way too out of character for Nick. [​IMG]

(I'm running out of sad smilies to use!)

13. cubbybear

cubbybear Victim

I thought maybe it was just me being older, plus I am old fashioned so I tend not to like so much of the well Grey's like shows and as we know that is what most shows are anymore.

Stokesgirl You are right it seems we do know the characters better. And if they would handle this the same way they have with relationships in the past, I suppose I could handle that, but I just have a feeling.

Myfuturecsi I think I am the one complaining to much, I sound like an old fuddy duddy.

And I to believe they are catering to the younger generation. Which I love the younger people so please no one be offended.

I just would have liked to see this show go out the same way it started and stay true to what we have all grown to love about it.

Oh and when I said I am a dirty blonde, that is a color, I didn't mean nasty minded or anything like that.

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  14. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

I'm not offended, and I'm part of the younger generation. Frankly, I'd rather see it back to the quirky show it once was, with the family atmosphere that came later on...

15. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

She appears next week in the season finale, Smokey!

Ok, I guess there's only one thing left to do. Find out tptb emails and let them know how we feel or a letter campaign.

Too much? :confused: Ok, *breathe* wait until you see the episode and then [​IMG] tptb. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.