Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, just because she is in school doesn't necessarily mean she will be in her early 20s. Could be she has decided to go back to school. Which I'm kind of hoping since I really don't want to see another May/December romance and I just don't see that when it comes to Nick.

That is true, I went back to school recently and I am (well I am over 40) so age and school pretty much has nothing to do with the other. And I disagree with those who think Nick will be overshadowed or ruined by a gf, I mean Sara had Hank, he was a recurring character and her character didn't suffer. So why should Nick's?

Also, there's only a 15 year age difference between Grissom and Sara. That's hardly a father/daughter romance, yes a May/December, but not a father/daughter unless you expect Grissom to be a teen father.

It seems to be going very soap operaish, if they do it. Hopefully they pick the right people and it works, I still have faith that so far they do a brilliant job casting for each part, you don't know we might all fall in love with at least one of the new characters!

In otherwords, going CSI Miami-ish. That has become a soap. Hopefully CSI won't, cos Miami has gone down the pan because of it.

TBH, I don't think it will as long as Billy Petersen is in it, can't see him putting up with that sort of crap, however much they pay him ;)

As for any new 'n young castmembers, again, hope they don't go down the Miami route of going for looks above substance. Cos it's just so false.

OK, so they ain't going to go for any average looking Joe or Jane. But the thing with CSI, many of its main characters aren't plasic pretty boys and girls. They have character. And I hope they don't forget that. Cos it makes it a bit more real.

I'd just much prefer if Liz Vassey became a series regular (and a CSI), and she and Wally Langham picked up the slack for Gary Dourdan leaving.

This is true for the time being, but Gary & Jorja are coming back:bolian:so then the ones who are supposedly "replacing them" can go back to doing what they're doing now! to me, nobody can replace the original cast members:wtf:

I totally agree with you desertwind, nobody can replace the original Vegas characters. They were so quirky and funny and none of them were 'stereotypical' good looking people but goodlooking in their own rights. Even George Eads as hot as he his went through these goofy hairstyles, mustaches, weird clothes and all that set him apart from other goodlooking guys on TV. He never takes himself too seriously.

And Grissom, where in the world would ever find a guy like Grissom on TV? Loving his bugs and his Shakespeare.

So no, these characters are not replaceable. I'd rather see Wendy out on the field then some newbie.

I agree with desertwind too, myfuturecsi. I don't think anybody can place original. Grissom is the lead, Catherine is the second lead and Nick is the soul of the show. Nick probably will take Grissom's temp supervisor place 'till he get back from his vacation. I hope they don't push Greg aside like they always do for the latin new guy. The woman is not going to take Sara's place, I read somewhere on other board, Bryce Adams is a cop, probably will take Sofia's place. I don't think it will make Sara's fans happy if the woman place Sara. Nobody can replace Sara.

I totally agree with Desertwind (as always!). i think they are very good at not doing the "plastic-beauties" on Vegas. I think they are excellant at casting too. Look at the Maddie character in Divine Comedy - she was totally new but captured the first scene on phone off Paul G not an easy task as he is A1+ actor -you immediately "got" she character and her nature strident and interesting. Later her interactions with Grissom were making you intrigued and involved.

If they can do that with guest stars I trust them to have the same skills on regulars. The fact that the may or may not have taken on Kate whatshername from Battlestar - knowing she is a poweerful actress but they hummed and hard when she auditioned is a *good* sign of not taking an easy line but having a standard and vision still in mind.

I look forward to the new people! The UK secret service show "Spooks" has every season killed off or lost main characters and it is so much more gripping when the audience knows the lead *could* be killed off!!! You never trust that the hero will get through. It is top quality show - partly because of that.

And Grissom, where in the world would ever find a guy like Grissom on TV? Loving his bugs and his Shakespeare.
I totally agree. I think Grissom is a superb character and, boy, what a bliss to have WP to look at!!

Back on topic - spoilers.

Episode 8.17 - For Gedda

WARRICK'S FUTURE AS A CSI IS IN JEOPARDY WHEN HE IS ACCUSED OF MURDERING A FAMOUS VEGAS GANGSTER, ON THE EIGHTH SEASON FINALE OF "CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION," THURSDAY, MAY 15

So, Gedda gets it (death)? Good. That guy creeped me out to no end. I hate anything about mobsters.

But because she is in school there is a possibility that she is in her early 20s, where as Nick is in his late 30s.

However, just because she is in school doesn't necessarily mean she will be in her early 20s. Could be she has decided to go back to school. Which I'm kind of hoping since I really don't want to see another May/December romance and I just don't see that when it comes to Nick.

I don't personally see why her age should be an issue, if they have chemistry on screen then that's good enough for me. For those who are interested, the press release for 'For Gedda' lists Deborah Ann Woll as Stephanie, the waitress.

According to her brief bio she is 23, WHAT A SUPRISE. Lets see in real life he is 41 on the show Nick is what 39, so here we go again. I guess there are no older actresses closer to his own age anywhere in the world. Is this why he seems to be bulking up so much? His neck is getting bigger by the minute.

And no age should not be an issue, but it is really getting tiring seeing older men on TV with women half their age. And if age shouldn't be an issue why don't they get older women. So on TV and in Hollywood yes age is an issue. Heaven forbid they should pair a man with someone his own age.

In the TV guide Carol said the season finale will change CSI forever. And it is getting clearer everyday that the CSI we all knew and loved is done. It also is pretty clear from here on that the main focus of the show will be on relationships and soap opera garbage.

I really wish the show had ended this year. Right now I feel so sad.

I know I sound angry and I do apologize.

Technically, Nick is 37, but it really doesn't make that much of a difference. And of course the finale's gonna change CSI... There won't be any more Warrick.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, and if that comes off as me being one, I apologize sincerely, as that was not my intention.

I don't know. I think a little change is good. I hope when they do have Nick in a relationship, it's more of a Sara/Hank situation. Also, why isn't Greg getting any love? Just a question.

I'm gonna hold out hope that they don't screw this up. *fingers crossed*

Why isn't Greg getting any love? Please, racefh853629, don't give them more ideas...:lol: CSI is not Grey's Anatomy. Not yet. :rolleyes:

Oh my god...I can't believe they're going to add in these stupid new characters. I just don't see the reason for it.

First of all, the remaining characters Nick and Greg, will be shoved aside again for these new, young, sexy characters.

And they're going to repeat the Grissom/Sara father-daughter thing with Nick and his new love interest..

What is this-CSI Anatomy!!!

Spare me..I might as well watch Grey's Anatomy!!

Amen to that!

cubbybear, you don't need to apologize because I think you hit the nail in the head with your comment. Many people feels like you...What are they doing with our show? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back