Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotmama

hotmama Victim

We might like Ray. Of course it will be hard to watch someone new because we'll all miss Warrick, but like I said we might like Ray too. I'm glad that Nick is apparently getting a girlfriend, there's no way a man like that would be single for this long. And, I too am happy that Wendy is going out in the field. She seemed serious about it...plus, it definitely beats bringing in TWO new people. I like all of it. Change can be good.

2. dandylion

dandylion Hit and Run

I'm so glad that Nicky gets a girlfriend.

Jury is out on Ray. I'll wait and see.

Grissom seemed to be quizzing Wendy recently, and she did well.

I'm also glad that they are not going to kill GD off.

3. Backtracker

Backtracker Victim

As a man who watches CSI every week, I'm happy they're putting another woman out in the field...and it's not because of tight tops and jeans...she seems smart and I like smart women. Besides, they've established a precedent of promoting from within the ranks.

I will, however, be sorry to see Gary go. I hope they give him a good sendoff.

4. violetsareblue

violetsareblue Dead on Arrival

I hope that they don't get too caught up in relationships. I, for one, tune in for the science. I find the cases intriguing. I don't mind a bit about their personal lives, but I just don't want that to become a main component of the show.

I second the "I like smart women" comment, Backtracker.

As far as Ray, I will wait and see. I thought I'd hate Keppler, but I actually found him fascinating. Whoever Ray is, I just hope he fits in with the team, and I hope he's introduced well.

5. oldcsier

oldcsier Victim

I also liked Keppler.

I am glad Wendy will be going out in the field, I would rather see someone already established on the show get the job instead of bringing someone new in.

It is sad about GD it seems since they married him off a couple years ago his character has slowly disappeared. Just like Greg seems to be disappearing now. But then again has anyone else noticed that allot of folks seem to be missing from the show?

6. cubbybear

cubbybear Victim

They're giving Nick a girlfriend???
    Can't they think of something more interesting? Yawn...It feels like CSI is getting desperate. I really would like to see it go out on top, not fade away into unnecessary storylines like these.

7. ashlmorr3

ashlmorr3 Witness

8. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

You may be a newbie here, Mortimer, but you're also the voice of the reason. :thumbsup:

cubbybear : sadly, it seems the writers can't think of something more interesting... :rolleyes: In fact, the "Nick dating a waitress-CSIwannabe" storyline it's like reading one of those bad fanfics where "Mary Sue" is the "girlfriend".

If CSI doesn't come up with something more creative and less predictable, I am just not interested anymore.

9. ilovegrissom

ilovegrissom Hit and Run

OMG! I just found this on another website.

(about the May Finale) ""An episode exec producer Carol Mendelsohn calls "very personal" picking up where last December's mob-themed outing left off. "Warrick has already been suspended once for not letting go of this case," she says. "And he promised Grissom [he'd] let sleeping dogs lie. It's very difficult for our CSIs to let sleeping dogs lie. It's one of those episodes where you cannot miss the last few minutes."

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! He's gonna get fired (i believe) cause he can't leave it alone!

10. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

i kind of would have preferred killing him off...it creates damn good story lines! New York already did the firing with Adien, but i guess it would work with Warrick since he had some trouble with other stuff.

It doesn't matter if they need more people in the field or not, they can not run a show with only one female in the main cast. I am sure they have already got complaints about it.

As for Cath flirting...well, she is just a flirty female, that is her character, like Keppler, it doesn't mean she is interested in dating them.

I doubt if any Nick fans will like Ray :lol: Sounds like competition...

11. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I agree that they need a new female in the field, and I think I'll like Wendy out there. And it's better to have it be someone we know and then bring in a new lab person, I think. Wonder if they'll make Greg find her replacement? :lol:

And I know it's just TV, but it's been said before that no DNA tech would really want to go out in the field. So I could believe it once, but twice? :rolleyes:

You got that right! :guffaw: But honestly, they do sound awfully similar. What's the point in that?

12. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I don't think we will see much of Nick's date on the show. She will be in the background, just like Tina and other guest star. I don't know about Ray and I will give him a chance. Nick will alway be my number 1 then Grissom. I can't wait to see Wendy in the field in 9th season.

Greg's fans wondering when Greg is going to be level 2 if Wendy soon to be in the field. I hope Hodges is not going to be jealous of Ray when Wendy teach Ray in the field or Ray teach Wendy in the field. We don't know what level is Ray is at.

13. Toots

Toots Pathologist

Who says? Is there a union rule that states there has to be more than one female in the main cast? I'm just curious.

I doubt they've gotten that many complaints.

Speaking of complaints, I'm sure they've also gotten complaints that Greg is underused, but I don't see it being rectified.

14. violetsareblue

violetsareblue Dead on Arrival

Yes. There is, indeed, a union rule that states that there has to be more than one female in the main cast. It's on page 124 in the AMPTP/WGA/SAG handbook. Section B, I believe, three quarters of the way down the page.

No, you're absolutely right.....of course there's not. But I, for one, will be happy when there is another woman out there. Just my opinion.

I completely agree with you on the Eric topic. Perhaps it will be rectified in season 9. We can only hope. He's terrific. I would love to see him advance up the ranks. What with Ray coming, he won't be the newest guy on the team anymore....it'll be nice to see him with some seniority. And a good storyline. Please. Maybe he could help train Wendy, like someone suggested in another thread.......they'd be good together I bet.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  15. S_Bright

S_Bright Police Officer

And how much of a raise did these writers get? I've read fanfic with far better storylines than these!

I haven't watched in a while but hearing that GD is gone and Nicky is getting a waitress-girlfriend and a new hunk is in town just smells of uninspired, bad writing. Not one novel note in those storylines.

I say as I've always said, CSI should have ended with GD and gone out like a classic. I hope the great young actors understand that they might be undermining their future careers by staying on this drivel.

Guess I'll stick to Supernatural.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.