Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

I would have to agree with you on that one Destiny. The original title is definitely much better than the new one.

2. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

They probably got into trouble for the original title, as it was probably deemed 'too offensive' and had to be censored.

3. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Pushing Daisies' previous episode was named "Bitches". I doubt it had to do with being too offensive, but rather creative route.

4. idahomom

idahomom Hit and Run

With the strike...I wonder who "wrote" the new title? Ok, so I'm guesing we're out of episoded by January?

I'll be interested to see the dog-fighting one..

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

NOTABLE CELEBRITIES TO GRACE "CSI" IN JANUARY [not that notable to me] :(

ARTICLE

6. Toots

Toots Pathologist

According to USA Today (Nov 20, 2007), new CSI episodes will be aired Thanksgiving night, and on Dec 6, with two more due early next year.

The article said that fans are counting down the days - and episodes - until the Hollywood writers' strike puts the kibosh on their viewing schedules.

7. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

Rock and a hard place is what comes to mind with relationships!

I find myself stuck in the middle. As I don't get the whole 'shipper' thing. And what I always found hard to fathom was why one or two here, where so aggressive in their feelings to something that had always been part of the show. So why some then went out of their way to scorn people who support it, is a real shame. That's what always boggled my mind. It's ignorant at the very best to try and belittle people for liking something that has been part of the show since almost day one.

BUT, what I will say, and I probably agree with a lot of the people who did my head in on here in the past, is that other relationships on the show aren't needed. IE, there is no need to bring eye candy in just to please the actors who want that. Be it Eads or Szmanda or whoever. Just please don't do it! There isn't a need for it.

There have always been relationships on CSI, despite what the zealots want you to believe, they have been part of storylines for ever. And it's worked just fine. What the show doesnt need is to bring in characters JUST to form relationships. That is the big difference here. It cheapens the show. Whereas a long thought out relationship didn't.

8. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

I am more mad at GSR because of the way some of the GSR and sara fanbase act online than the actual storyline. It has been an aggravating year because i don't 'support' their cause. Oh yeah, because its only the anti-shippers who have been rude and angry.

I have yet to see one single post of someone actually getting mad at a GSR shipper for liking the storyline. I only get mad at people who:

a. complain about people posting their OPINIONS about the storyline. I am blunt and snide, i am not going to change that because people are whining about 'negative' posts.

b. telling people they don't understand how they can either disagree with GSR, or why they hate such a small part of a show. Please, everyone sees the same thing differently, apparently the concept of 'perspective' is missing from basic education. I have never ever posted 'how could someone like GSR'...that is stupid thing to say.

c. complaining that they are being attacked for their views...bull, that is also known as 'i don't want people who oppose me to post'...

Please read the posts more carefully before pointing fingers.

9. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

I kinda have to agree wtih xfcanadian. Ever since GSR became canon, the people online have been getting super aggressive. So what if your ship's canon? Have the decency to represent it with a bit of class and get off other people's backs when they don't have the same views as you.

Anyway, we're getting off topic. I've really been hoping we'd get more spoilers, and I was wondering if the strike was affecting the way we aren't getting so many?

Was kind of pissed to hear that there'll be an ep this Thursday, then we'll have to wait for awhile for the next one... And then till January. Gahh. While I totally support the writers, I hope things get solved quickly... for my own selfish reasons, I'll admit.

10. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

lol, what is going to happen if/when the spoilers run out and the writers are still on strike....?? What will we talk about then...hmmm! Hopefully on the 26th of this month, the two sides will be able to work out an agreement to try and save the rest of the season for all workers, actors and fans alike. *fingers crossed*

11. LibertyBell

LibertyBell Police Officer

Wait wait wait, are we only getting one new episode and then reruns? What's the schedule as it stands??

12. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

From the futon critic schedule listed (subject to change as always).

11/29/07 (#802) A La Cart REPEAT
    12/6/07 (#809) Cockroaches NEW
    12/13/07 (#810) Lying Down with Dogs NEW

13. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

I definately think that CSI...can go a few more seasons...they are still pulling in the ratings, and personally I think the show is still very creative. Now that GSR is on the back burner....I think things can only get better. :D

14. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

i wish they would have a christmas eppy...or at least mention christmas...

15. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I agree with you xfcanadian on at least mentioning christmas or any thing to the effect of that holiday season on the show. I am amazed in 8 years they have not yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.