Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Well, I always thought that since this is the one relationship actually part of the show, we should be allowed to talk about it, but I'm just fuzzy on how specific the rules are.

The promo for this past episode was 100% case-related. What do you mean "anymore"? And haven't you said that you felt the last two episodes were very Classic CSI?

2. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

The preview for 'A La cart' were all about the issue with Ecklie, and how the relationship is out in the open...and that was only a small part of the episode.

The preview for next weeks, was mostly about the proposal, i didn't even get what the case was about.

They are identical to the greys ads now...

3. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Right. But again - the one for this week was entirely case-related. So you can't say that they never do it.

And would you rather a GSR-dominated preview or a GSR-dominated episode? Neither A La Cart nor this episode contained a huge amount of GSR and were dominated by their cases, which I thought you said you enjoyed.

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

The little minute snippets of the romantic is so subtle, and so hardly there, I can't imagine why anyone would be so annoyed, and I notice alot of I want this is what I think :confused: it's what they want, and they're TV characters, but their not robots and do have personal needs and the communication part is beautiful and special, * for me, S/7 was riveting and unique and one of the best of the whole years it's been on!! and the writers seem to know what their doing the last two week's CSI came in # 1 on the ratings charts.. so, their keeping most of the fans in a good place! and why would someone who is so un-happy with the show and what's happening, watch that's baffling :confused: the remote is so handy ;)

5. Grizzom

Grizzom Witness

See, that's the writers' dilemma. If they play this wrong, a lot of people will stop watching, me included. And I do think it will be a lot of people. What a weird position they have put themselves into. If they had been less successful in making Grissom a compelling character, this little folderol with the female subordinate would hardly matter.

6. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

2 out of the 3 is bad! The previews are showing where this show is going...into soap opera cheesy american 'everyone is going to be happy' romantic crap land. Not to mention it will drive fans who don't like that stuff away.

It isn't just 5 mins here or there, it changed Grissom's character, it has taken over the show, i am ONLY watching it for episodes like tonight, and to see GSR break up. Just look at the CBS message board, makes me cringe.

7. GSRfanatic25

GSRfanatic25 CSI Level One

oh my god you people...
    if you don't like it, don't watch the show
    go write fanfiction or something
    we don't see everything in this show, ever, we're left to speculate on what's going on all the time. just because we don't see the repercussions doesn't mean theyre not there. most REAL men would go after a piece of ass not a deep connection, a mature love...
    she doesn't have father issues, but did you come up with that one yourself? ...
    if you don't like the relationship, ignore it. pay attention to the "good" part of the show, the cases. which i once again found boring and confusing...sara's case was kind of empty...and the exorcist case was scattered and didn't make much sense...it feels like they're stretching things...trying to hard w/ everything.

like des said, it's not like the relationship is dominating the screen time. there are a few small moments here and there for the sake of character and relationship development. this show is about the PEOPLE who investigate crimes...it's a combination of forensics and intuition, the cases and how they affect the people that work them, the investigators and cops and how their lives work around their jobs. grissom and sara met because of forensics. it's making us appreciate these people and what they do while still juggling life love and everything else.

i, though i'm obviously relatively isolated in the fact, look forward to next week's relationship development. and the bee thing with grissom could be interesting...a little more of the old griss, experimenting and studying. and he's sharing it w/ sara.
    just...i dunno, i about give up on this thread...this forum.
    so much bashing and hatefullness
    sorry if i offend, though i don't know why, you're not. rise above it get over it...i get over my qualms about catherine and the cases and nick ...if they can't write good cases, they might as well write something interesting

whatever

8. gsr_rulz

gsr_rulz Hit and Run

Thank you, Desertwind. You stated it nicely. My previous reply was taken a bit out of context, but I agree with you. These characters are "people" with real needs. Grissom may have changed, but it's minor and for the better. He was lonely and lived for his job. Life without love is not really living. Life is about the ups and downs, love gained and love lost...Grissom needed (and has found) his love. Did anyone notice how he looked like a kid in the candy store when he was talking to Sara about taking the bees? I think it was neat to see his "bugman" personality come out.

Again, I think the writers do a great job for the show, and I am looking forward to next week's ep (I hope she says "okay"!)

9. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

People have been saying that since the end of Season 6. What exactly will it take? It just seems like people announce every week, "That's it! I'm no longer watching!"

and then they're back again the next week.

If, after one and a half years, you're still here, it can't be that bad.

10. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

hark, is this another GSR fan telling people not to watch the show? is this planned, or somthing??

The point of a TV show is to appeal to as many people as possible, not to drive people away from it. I hate tptb for sucking up to the shippers, it always ruins shows. And I am sure CBS is thrilled to see fans telling others to stop watching the show...

Nope, got that one from my psychology textbook...classic case.

Its hard to ignore something that is taking over the show. Destroying Grissoms character, his friendship with catherine, i could make a giant list.

CSI isn't a romantic drama, this is overkill for a personal storyline on the show.

11. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Maybe TPTB believe that they are appealing the majority of fans.

12. GSRfanatic25

GSRfanatic25 CSI Level One

once again, whatever xf
    i've seen the father issues too many times to believe you came up with it by yourself
    it's hardly taking over the show, with less than a few seconds of gsr, if you could call it that, in this ep. his friendship w/ cath is fine. they've always had their differences anyways, and he's always had her ass when she's messed up. how is it destroying his character? he's still our bugman, he's still a romantic, open minded to people's beliefs and ways of living to a further point than most other people, he's still the intelligetn kick butt csi he's always been. he's happier now, he's come out of his shell, and it's because he's found what he needed in sara. someone to accept him and be there for him and love him.
    she's not a stalker like you make her out to be. she pursued him a bit through the first few seasons, but they've been back and forth w/ each other since day two.
    how is this overkill and catherine's father daughter husband boyfriend stripper issues aren't
    how is this overkill and warrick's gambling and marriage problems aren't

i'm also sure CBS is happy to see "supporters" of the show so against a direction they are taking. being so rude about a story line that many people support and encourage. they aren't "sucking up the shippers" it's been on the books since audtitions for sara to be grissom's love interest.
    it's about character development, once again. how these people, alll of them, grow and evolve around each other and around their jobs.
    the writers are doinog an okay job so far w/ the sotryline, it's not too much and not too little.
    as far as what's to come, i hope the cases get better. i still find myself bored...if not for this "overkill" i'd probably not watch much...it's not the same csi, and i highly doubt a twenty second interaction scene between two characters is the cause of that...
    eh...i'm done now...

13. Mitss90

Mitss90 Dead on Arrival

I really love the new promo, and I love it's GSR centered, but what about the other fans? I'm a GSR shipper, with a lot of other people, but it's not only us. I'm pretty excited about it, but what happened with the cases and the scientific side of the promo's? After all, it isn't the GSR show or something. Though, you don't here me complaining because I'm all for the marriage.

Just my 0,02.

14. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

I just said i have read about it in psychology...therefore I am NOT making it up. Did you read my post. Apparently not.

Yeah, because that 15 seconds we saw catherine and Grissom together last season really showed how great their friendship is! Grissom isn't smart anymore...plus, the water pouring on the model. That was so bad.

Oh yeah, 5 secs huh. Then why did they work EVERY FREAKING case together last season.

15. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I've come up with a new name for CSI--CSI Anatomy..

....no...Grissom's Anatomy..

.......or Sara's Antomy..

....whatever..just end the GSR already..if I wanted romance, I'd watch the other show..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.