Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raw_Alex

Raw_Alex Witness

Actually, the end of this season will likely depend on the status of everyone's contracts going forward. Pretty much all of the current players are signed on only until the end of season 8. So there may be something more of a "hello goodbye" at the end of this season for some of the characters if the actors choose not to come back or are not offered contracts.

Two new characters coming into the game, and I have a feeling we may see more as the season wears on.

2. MegBreanne

MegBreanne Police Officer

Alrighty, then - I guess I'm just going to bury my head in the sand and say "could be foilers . . . " (I'm going to pray, anyway! LOL!)

3. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

I seriously hope you are trying to joke with us. I will not venture over to that board to see such a useless waste of space :p

For one, if I knew someone whose husband was a writer at CSI and this on-going plot/contract issue was going on.. I wouldn't go out on some CSI board and start making these claims.

I doubt they'd make Sara pregnant. I mean, even as a GSR fan to the death, I wouldn't want to see Sara pregnant, ESPECIALLY if they made a cliffhanger about it.

Second, I don't think they'd make second a cliffhanger in a row, and needless to say... make one a second time in a row about Sara.

"Jorga" and "Jorja" are two totally different spellings, and eliminates any credibility. If they can't spell the actor's name, what makes me think they are correct about their "spoilers"?

Not only that, but I think the writer could get in trouble for leaking anything so "big." Considering right now there is a big hoola about Jorja's contract, and any upcomming storylines! Plus, producers, writers, etc. aren't exactly allowed to give out such "spoilers" last I heard, they "aren't allowed to comment on upcomming episodes that haven't aired yet." so why would they leak the information so carelessly?

I don't know, I don't even think they would have thought of the 24th episode of the season, when they've only filmed seven and written eight.

Anyway, I don't think Jorja will be leaving... And that's really all I have to say about THAT. :p

Is there even such a thing as a "CBS writer?" I thought it was just a company.. I mean there is a CSI writer, but is there a CBS writer? That's kind of confusing :lol:

4. MegBreanne

MegBreanne Police Officer

I'm not entirely sure, but I think there might be a couple of "floaters" in LaLa land at the networks that bounce from show to show to give the writers an idea on what the network would like to see . . . check on their progress, give tips on what is and is not acceptable . . . of course, this could be more than just a tad annoying and costly . . . :)

5. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

It would be very strange for the writers to be planning an end-of-season cliff hanger when there are so many contracts expiring. :(
    Who knows who will even be back for season nine? Negotiations may not even have started for some of them.
    LaSquisita

6. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

Someone on CSI: Wiki said that Grissom and Sara will be getting married! There are so many so called, "spoilers," out there that we could have an alternate season!

I don't think I'm going to fully believe anything (leaving, marriage, pregnancy, etc.) until I see it. Since I'm a GSR shipper, I'd like to see some scenes, but I don't need excess because CSI is first and foremost a forensics show.

7. yamanbaia

yamanbaia Dead on Arrival

i've allways thought that was one of the dumbest "character elimination" in tv history, i mean what the??? a helicopter just fell on top of him???

i don't think something like that (so abrupt) will happen here (if she does gets wipped off) i mean first she gets kidnapped by psycho-killer and then what? gets eaten by a bear while shopping?

8. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

I really wouldnt trust anything that's posted on CSI Wiki.

And I really hope that the thing about Jorja pulling another contract stunt to "bump the ratings up" again will seriously piss me off. Oh, and the being pregnant thing, too. Add that up with ANOTHER cliffhanger about that, and, wow, Season 8 better be the last season of CSI. Or they should start showing this in the afternoon to compete ratings with Passions and Days of our Lives. XP

9. DuCaineluvr93

DuCaineluvr93 Witness

Come on!!! Passion and Days of Our Lives? CSI's way to good for that and it has been confired by alot of sources that Jorja Fox is leaving :devil:

10. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

ATTENTION The Discussion Thread is now up for #803 "Go To Hell", ALL discussions for this episode should be taken and discussed there, as this is for FUTURE episodes.

11. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

Well, as long as it's been confirmed that Jorja's really leaving, then I think we'll be safe.

^_^

12. Raw_Alex

Raw_Alex Witness

I think that is key. As this season progresses, I am sure that the various players and thier agents will be working on getting contract extensions done, or more clearly stating that they are not intending to return, or getting the news from the network / producers that they are no longer needed.

My personal feelings at this point are that most of the major players will come back for at least 2 more seasons. It is tough as heck for actors to get solid full time jobs that pay like these do, and every season that they work these actors are each banking something like 2 - 3 million "plus". At this point only Jorja Fox has apparently turned her nose up at the offer, looking for a more significant raise to keep doing the work.

As a result (and as much as Destiny hates it), contracts and such are playing a major part of the series development (and spoilers) and like will continue to do so for the reason of season 8.

13. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

well, I personally think that if season 8 goes over well, and the ratings for the show hold their own against a show like G.A, if not better....there may be a more positive push to get as many regulars back as possible.

Like I know, my fave, wally langham, he's even admitted that he'll never be the type of actor to take on a leading role, so I think in his situation, sticking around on a show like CSI, giving him security in pay, would be a wise move. Then he still has the time to film elsewhere if he so desires too.

But that is just how I view it! *shrugs*

14. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

The whole Jorja leaving thing isn't confirmed yet so as far as I am concerned she ain't going nowhere.
    I think its just another trick to keep us all watching to see what will happen next.

15. Grizzom

Grizzom Witness

Do some sites have more spoilers than others? I went over to that "Your Tax Dollars At Work" board last week, and they have their spoiler board completely locked down, but Talk CSI doesn't. Are they just more stingy, or do they really have more special sources to hide? PM me if you're willing to share, but don't want to post publicly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.