Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

I think you're right actually, I think it was in LA. I was just there a short while ago coming home from the airport (I live in Cali anyways) and we drove past a long strip of flatlands and sand dunes on our way out from the highway. It wouldn't have been hard to find a suitable place out in LA to film like that :p Just showing the land and no landmarks, and the fact that the land looks just like the desert at first blush? Virtually impossible to tell the difference ;)

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I think you nailed it quoth that sounds right, actually California is the desert, on the outskirts, Bakersfield, Fresno, etc, so that's probably where it was, it just look's so like here, and beings the show is base in VEGAS, that's why I was wondering!

3. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

:lol: I like how you mention Fresno, that's my hometown :p They've mentioned it on CSI a few times ;) Fresno and a lot of other places in CA are mostly like that, like you said, so it would be easy to find a place in LA to replicate the desert. When we were driving back from the airport I was actually thinking about that, it looks exactly like the desert, so perfect filming conditions for the "desert" scenes.

4. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

I actually lived in Fresno briefly... :cool:

Wouldn't have to go that far to find desert-y terrain, really. Once you get east of the main "Inland Empire" towns, there's plenty, and TONS up Hwy 395 - in fact the heat is a little less extreme up that way. Used to know some folks who lived by China Lake and I remember driving a half-track across snow-dotted sand...but I digress...

Southern California is largely desert. Finding enough suitable terrain to film a scene like that might not even involve crossing the L.A. county line. And once you get the other side of the Grapevine from here, there's PLENTY of desert...trust me, I've made the L.A. - Sacramento drive a bazillion times...seen that terrain way too close up a couple times! :lol:

5. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

There are places in Vegas that suit the desert standard that they need too, within "city limits" though defenitely on the outskirts. Vegas is this glowing city in the middle of a whole bunch of orange sand.

It has rocks too... big huge rocks.

I used to live there... anyway... if anyone has ever seen the movie RENT the rock that Roger (Adam Pascal) stands on in "Santa Fe" looks just like the rock and desert where I used to live.

I'm sure they are not filming there in Vegas... but they could. None of the other desert stuff they have filmed looks much like Vegas so I don't think they make it a practice to do that sort of filming there.

I know they just do the stuff they "need" to do there. Like landmarks, cityscapes, or hotel views.

-LLK

6. Toots

Toots Pathologist

I've been wondering this for several weeks. Does anyone know if CBS is going to do another one of those promotional paintings of the characters like in the previous two years? Last year they did a remake of the famous Beatle's Abbey Road album cover, and the year before was the recreation of the famous cafe painting. I always liked those promotional pictures. I still have my issue of Vanity Fair magazine with the cafe painting. It is beautiful.

I guess since the show is 8 years old, they won't bother to do such an expensive promo.

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Hey the heart of Fresno..the great produce and grape galore, capital ;) Caesar Chavez ;)my daughter worked in Bakersfield, My friend lived in Oakhurst, so, back to the desert, they were here, last year I was looking for them everywhere, they filmed at the MGM GRAND for "BTK' and our columnist here Carol Cling,in the LVRJ said "NO CSI's are here this year so far ":( and they've probably got a good scout or two looking for the same desert scheme/landscape that look's similar to the Vegas desert, I'm still curious to see excatly where it was, like the ep. 'JACKPOT' was supposedly in Jackpot, NV, but was actually filmed up by Lake Arrowhead CA, Fawnskin to be exact! the Elyses fan-site used to have all the different locations they filmed, but haven't seen anything there as of late!

8. Sara4Nick

Sara4Nick Hit and Run

When I saw that episode I was like that is not Jackpot. We use to drive through it going to Fallon, NV from MT. Glad to know where it was filmed. Thanks

9. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

I knew just by looking at it that it wasn't in Nevada. I know I lived there a LONG time ago... but it's kind of obvious if you know what you're looking for.

10. Sara4Nick

Sara4Nick Hit and Run

What is the name of the song in the long promo where they show the team looking for Sara and the flood.
    The song goes I know I should have ....
    Thanks

11. kate

kate Victim

I think someone said it was called This Woman's Work by Kate Bush.

12. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

Re: Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 2 *DELETED*

I was just checking The Futon Critic site and the official CBS cast list for this episode includes two paramedics and a Medi-Vac pilot. This sure points to rescue of some kind. And I don't think the Medi-Vac chopper gets called in to pick up a corpse.
    Sara lives, so far.
    LaSquisita

13. CSI247

CSI247 Hit and Run

[/QUOTE]I was just checking The Futon Critic site and the official CBS cast list for this episode includes two paramedics and a Medi-Vac pilot. This sure points to rescue of some kind. And I don't think the Medi-Vac chopper gets called in to pick up a corpse.
    Sara lives, so far.
    LaSquisita

[/QUOTE]

That's a good point, but I think it's just procedure to have them there. It could point to her possibly being alive though.

14. Sara4Nick

Sara4Nick Hit and Run

I worked in a rural NV hospital and yes the Medi-Vac chopper did pick up corpses due to the fact they were to hard to reach and they needed a hospital MD or the corner to pronouce death. Many times the sheriff in our county gathered the evidence and took pics then had the body taken the hospital as part of the code team we witnessed the pronouciation. Believe me it was no mistakening the person was dead.

15. Niffer

Niffer Witness

Well, my brother is a paramedic for a big city, and they call in the Medi-Vac helicopter for any big accident, whether they know if the victim is alive or not.

I'm pretty sure Sara's gonna live, but I don't think that's your proof.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.