Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Re: Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion & Posting - Part 1

Now that is teasing! :lol: *runs to Shipper Central*

Oh and the "no sign of Sara" thingy is from the caption of one of the Dead Doll episode stills (the Grissom one).

2. Grizzom

Grizzom Witness

Well, it didn't take long to confirm that! I like the muddy wriggle to freedom scenario, especially after the TV Guide article mentioning 28000 gallons of water.

Another interview that has been quoted over and over is still bugging me. It's the one where the guy says that GSR will be concluded in a "smart" way. That word "smart" is bugging me (as opposed to "satisfying", for instance), and I wonder if it means there will be more of a twist than we expect. Has there been any speculation about that?

3. csiemily

csiemily CSI Level One

ok, you guys know what i'm thinking. not sure if it's right or wrong, but it's just my thoughts and what i think would be cool.

i heard spoilers before that Sara's going to San Fran. i dont' know if its true or not, but i'll continue...

'GSR will be concluded'-- what i think/hope is that GSR will break up. Not harshly, but Sara breaks up with him because she wants to go back to San Fran. to just, find herself or something. That's the 'twist' and the 'smart' part of the spoilers. See, what i think is that GSR wouldn't be completely closed, but they aren't together.

the other spoiler of ““We have a big storyline finish at the start of the season, It will play out for a few episodes. The ambition of their [writers'] stories is once again extremely high and extremely quirky. That arc worked so well with Grissom and Sara that we are going to let these characters breathe this year. Everyone has their moments. The characters are going to have their journeys.””
    , i think that my thought is possible becasue of the 'we'll the the characters breathe this year'. that's my thoughts. the characters will have their journeys... backs it up too. i think that'd be smart. i really think that after this, sara will just need time to think.

either way, KEEP THE SPOILERS COMING!

4. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Destiny...

I love your idea. You rocketh.

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I totally disagree, they've built these characters up for 7 years, just to end it so abruptly! what would have been the point of this? It's common knowledge that Sara adores him, and has got what she's always wanted ~HIM~ and in the new TV Guide their even calling him 'her boyfriend' they've got something else up their sleeve I believe [rhymes] and it will be an interesting S/8, I'm sure of that, we don't ever know what the writers are planning, do we? maybe Cath, Greg, Warrick, Nick, and Brass and Doc in the mix ;) are on the 'breathe' agenda.. so many scenerios are possible!

6. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

From this week's Ask Ausiello:

Question: The latest rumor on the CSI forums is that Marg Helgenberger isn't planning to renew her contract at the end of the season. Do you have any info on that?— Winnipeg

Ausiello: No, but I do believe this is the last season on her current contract (ditto William Petersen), so her moving on is entirely possible. Speaking of Helgenberger, there's a big episode early in the season that will dig deeper into her family drama — specifically Sam's legacy to her. We'll also see her venture outside the lab in an episode that features the return of her real-life husband, Alan Rosenberg. "One of the things he's going to offer Catherine is sort of an opportunity to be on a dream-team-type defense on a high-profile case," explains executive producer Carol Mendelsohn. "And she gets a little touch of the high life doing that. You get paid well, you get to stay in nice hotels, you get to have nice meals.... It's going to be a little tantalizing for her." I guess we'll find out how tantalizing when Marg's contract comes up for renewal next May!

Question: Any scoop about the possibility of Lady Heather returning to tangle with Grissom on CSI?— Ms Christine

Ausiello: No plans that I know of at the moment, but some of CSI's other semi-regulars will be getting a little more airtime this season, per Carol Mendelsohn. "We're going to see more of the lab rats this year," she says. "We love our lab rats. We're going to play up our friendship and their rivalry." She adds, "This is a year in which Nick is going to step forward. The question has always been, 'Grissom is the supervisor, but who's the supervisor in waiting?'" I guess we'll find out when Billy's contract comes up for renewal next May!

Question: Don't play coy, TV gossip god! What's the word on Jorja Fox staying/going on CSI?— Cicero

Ausiello: Sorry, but I've been sworn to secrecy. What I can say is that the answer is complicated. - TVGuide

7. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

I know this isn't the place to say it... but I don't like the idea of Nick taking Grissom's palce. EVER. I think that a move like that would, in all hoesty, ruin the show for me... forever. I'd stop watching.

8. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Oooh thanks for that, Shane. I'm always happy to see interactions between Catherine and Novak. I adore Marg and Alan and think they have great chemistry not only in real life but onscreen. :)

Btw, I don't think it would be a surprise if Marg doesn't renew her contract, either. She said during an interview that she wasn't very interested in renewing. If it really happens, I might be a bit sad for not being able to see her on TV, but I'll understand.

9. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

That's interesting that they're saying Nick is going to step up.

(thank BTW shane)

I mean, back in the day, in the beginning, Warrick seemed to be the favourite son, but I guess I can see the shift in recent years placing the role in Nick's hands.

However, as much as I love the lab rats, I hope their screen time doesn't take away from the rest of the team. The cast is severely bloated, and while I enjoyed their episode last year, I liked it as one of those novelty items that's so unique and fun... I don't know that having them constantly in the mix more than they have been will encourage me to watch as much... Just my opinion.

Thanks, again, for the food for thought.

10. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I don't know if I will believe Michael and Carol said about Marg and Billy renewal their contract next years. I don't mind to see Nick being a supervisor, I'm sure he will do a good job with it, but I don't think he want to take Grissom's job. I won't stop watch it, because Nick is my favorite then Grissom.

We will just have to wait and see about Marg and Billy next years.

11. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

[​IMG]

My prayers have been answered. :D

Kinda surprised about the hints of Nick becoming a "supervisor in waiting" - wasn't he the one who went in with more the pavement-pounding, badge-flashing, more cop than scientist attitude (going by a couple conversations he had with Grissom)? Seemed to me Grissom had Warrick more in mind...although he's sorta been lost in the shuffle lately. Maybe we'll see more of him when they peel the Tina-albatross off from around his/the show's neck. (Talk about a pointless plot contrivance...) The ultimate irony, though, would be fearless, think-outside-the-box little Greg ending up being the heir to the proverbial throne...The wierd part is that in the long run (emphasize "long run") I could see it.

12. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

*ears perk up* See more of our Lab Rats?? I'm with you KORBJAEGER...lol!! *secretly thanks the CSI gods!... lol*

And what is this about Nick stepping up? *rubs eyes and tries to wake up* A "supervisor in waiting"?? Now that would be interesting. He does sport the passion and desire.

13. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Ooh, this could be interesting. From past experiences the CSI's seem to dislike this type of paid defence, and I can really imagine Grissom not being particularly supportive of this. Catherine could either be using her scientific knowledge to prove that someone is innocent in spite of evidence to the contrary, or have the moral dilemma of being paid to help someone who she can tell is guilty... I really hope it's the former as I can't see Catherine crossing that line.

Whilst Nick could never really replace Grissom, at least TPTB are remembering some of what has happened previously. Nick is the next most senior member of the team, and apart from the time when Grissom gave Warrick acting supervisor, Nick was certainly the one who looked likely to step up, he got the promotion (that was scrapped) to lead CSI after all. I'd love to see Nick stepping up this season, and at least have a go at supervising, because we haven't seen him do that in the past.

If they actually follow through with some of these spoilers then I think there looks to be some interesting episodes this season. :)

14. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I agree. I see Warrick as more of the Supervisor than Nick. But I think either would be good. But what you said about Greg...I can totally see that way in his future he could be one. Being he likes challenges and has already grown from Lab Rat to CSI, I can see him taking the next step.

As for more Lab Rat time, I do like them, but I also do not want them to take away from our CSI's time. Some already get more airtime than some CSI's do in individual episodes.

15. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Yay for the lab rats! And a bigger yay for Cath and Novak! So glad to see Alan back on the show.

TBH I wouldn't be surprised if this was both Marg and Billy's last year on the show. Both of them seem to have expressed an interest to do other things - and they seem to be very close and back each other up. I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see one of them go and the other one follow.

That being said, I'd still love for them both to say of course.

Cath <3 Novak. Woohoo!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.