Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chip1989

chip1989 Dead on Arrival

Re: Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion & Posting - Part 1

Is there any definate news on Jorja yet? im getting worried.

2. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Not yet. It's been a well kept secret thus far, just rumors.

I don't see the teams splitting again, Catherine and Gil are co- supervisors (David Rambo told me this in an email) I think that Sara (if she stays) will simply be working for Cath instead of Gil. The way to make everyone happy, GSR can continue in the background wher it belongs that way it's not shoved in our faces and everyone can live with that I think. I could at least.

3. chip1989

chip1989 Dead on Arrival

I could handle this too, i think splitting the team up will be bad for the show, i lie them together.

4. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Police Officer

I agree with chip1989 & Wojo:
    Having Gil and Catherine co-supervisors is the smartest solution. It would make sense too. Keeps the setup the same and allows the crimes to be the focus. GSR is not a hinderence to this! It makes more sense than a decade of un-enacted upon attraction!!

I think Jorja would be a fool to drop CSI now. The cast is good together and it would mark the start of the end. Lets face it it is not going to go on forever - but for an actor the worry about type casting is already past the point of no return, and CSI is still an excellant show with great diversity of plot.

Personelly I *really* want Grissom to be happy. Why not for goodness sake? This is NOT Grey's A which is predictible and just soft-smut without much longgeviety I suspect.

CSI is a landmark show, and still the best on TV.

5. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

*takes a deep breath*

Feels a little heated in here, but I have a few things to offer, if that's alright.

Much as I dislike the idea of splitting the shifts, I completely acknowledge that no repercussions of any type in light of the reveal of Grissom and Sara is completely unrealistic. Therefore, having the team split as a result makes sense, but I had hoped there had been another alternative, such as Grissom stepping out of the supervisor position and having Catherine step up.

In the past I have not liked the idea of Catherine being in control of a shift, but I completely acknowledge that this changed after the Keppler storyline. I thought she proved that she had grown immensely as a person and into the role of supervisor, so having her step up makes perfect sense.

That said, we're still not sure what the shift situation is, but I can handle Catherine being in charge a lot better than in the past because the writers proved they could maintain the character's fiesty nature without it deteriorating into catty-ness.

This season is frankly one I feel uneasy about, and it's something I don't fully understand.

So far the cases I've heard about have seemed fairly interesting, but I guess I worry about the family atmosphere of our dear team, and how it might be affected this year. It's a hard push for an eight season for any show, and I just hope this one can achieve great ratings without sacrificing the comraderie of the team for the sake of sensationalism with the cases....

6. MrsWillows

MrsWillows Rookie

No you're not Erica, people seem not to notice this thread is about spoilers, not bashing shipps, stupidity anyway... :rolleyes:

i just really have a question, when will the season begin? i know it is in september, but do you know the exact day?
    thanks.

7. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Last info I read was Sept 27th.

8. MegBreanne

MegBreanne Police Officer

My eyes hurt! I've scrolled through so many posts that seemed pointless and redundant. And the sad thing is that with the spoilers -- I can't really figure out which are legitimate spoilers (subject to change, of course) versus those opinions of some fans that are 'wishful thinking' . . . is there like a CSI Spoilers Guide somewhere where the only thing listed is the episode title and the spoilers themselves, without fan speculation?

9. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I found some changes/updates on Ep 3 'Go to Hell' (from BTA)

Catherine in the swing shift- In the first draft of 803 there were clues that Catherine is back on the swing shift, 1) because Vivian Lee was described as Catherine's new swing shift partner and 2.) there was also a Brass and Catherine conversation where Catherine tells Brass its the start of her work at swing shift. However, just recently they crossed that Catherine/Brass scene out.

Sara Sidle -In the first draft it appears that Sara is with Catherine and Vivian in a hallway scene. It turns out that Sara's name in that scene was a typo, and they corrected that just today. It now says (off Catherine).

So hopfully this means the teams are not splitting again, not sure what this means as far as Sara goes, since her name no longer appears as being in the episode.

10. chip1989

chip1989 Dead on Arrival

The new spoilers sound promising, maybe it really is Sara but they changed the name for spoiler reasons, to keep the outcome of the finale hush hush.

11. AnneM

AnneM Dead on Arrival

this is killing me.. I cant wait to now what it is going to be! Killing off Sara would be VERY stupid now that they finally revealed their love. I will seriously cry if she dies :(

12. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

I'm really kind of angry that Catherine is back on swing shift. Oh well.

13. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Don't get angry over something that may not even happen, wait and see. Like I said the lastest update seems to point to the teams NOT splitting up. Let's hope for the best.

14. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

Maybe I shouldn't have said it like that. I'm just kind of angry at the prospect and if the team is split up then I'll probably be a bit on the angry side. I just don't see why it's fair to Catherine or any of the characters to do that again.

I'm just going to hold out until the new season and then keep watching from there. It's not like I'm going to stop watching the show, for any reason. I just have certain things that I really want to have happen and certain things I really don't want to happen. But we're all like that right?

Well I guess I'm just eager to see what happens next.

15. AlwaysGSR12

AlwaysGSR12 Hit and Run

Excuse me? Stupidity? :mad: It's not my fault you guys are in denial about alot of things on the show :rolleyes:. I do talk about spoilers on here, but the moment I mention one about GSR I get bashed. So, since I am to civil to say what I really want to say, I'll say this. Show me a decent, excepting Grillows fan and I'll be nicer.

To make this post about spoilers I'll say this. Sept. 27th is too long to wait for more CSI (and GSR :devil:). Whatever happens, happens. I'm sick of hearing all these stupid spoilers that are BS and probably are just people saying what they want to see happen, or hear, or whatever. And I'm only going to post on here if I see something worth my time. Otherwise I'm staying in the GSR thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.