Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New York

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Re: Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New

I agree that a romantic relationship for everyone would be :rolleyes:. But maybe what they mean by "relationships" expands to, for example, Jo and her kids and we get to know more of Jo through the relationship she has with them. Maybe Flack and his sister, since she is coming back; and we get to explore more of Flack's personal life through his relationship with his sister. We know Camile is coming back, so that's Sheldon. Danny and Lindsay... they've had a mention or two, haven't they...? :rolleyes: And well Mac may be pursuing someone like we've heard. I too have to admit I want it to be Jo :p.

2. taylorgirl

taylorgirl Lab Technician

I think, people still watch it just because of the character. I for one only watch it for Mac/Gary but they do SOMETIMES have good/interesting crimes. I agree, they did shove D/L down our throats because the majority of the time, they were working the same cases together.
    All in all, i want to see Mac with someone and the team getting together and working cases as a group and getting down to the proper crime solving. I like it when they all work together because it shows what a great actors the show has and a fictional NYPD team.

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I thought of that after I posted. But the way PV said, "This year there are relationships for everyone," and her being the DL queen made me think of romantic relationships first. I am keeping my fingers crossed that you're right, because we have had mentions of Sam and Tyler in the spoilers so it could very well be they mean to show us other things besides romance.

4. PerfectAnomaly

CBS_CSINY just Tweeted this:

I assume it's geo blocked becasue it's on the CBS site.

5. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

On Set | CSI NY shooting in Los Angeles | Sela Ward & Jason Wiles http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSGGIGIJHSA&feature=share via @youtube

source: http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/09/latest-from-ew-various-shows-16th.html

6. Ollie

Ollie Hit and Run

Thanks, perlnoir.

Well, if I were to make any assumption (which is probably my most favourite thing when it comes to tv shows) the scene in the video might be the closing one. You know, something similar to "Party Down", with the bad guy being caught and our detectives (in this case: detective, 'cause I can't see Mac anywhere and anyway, it would be probably more Jo-centered episode) watching him. There seems to be some sort of powerful glances exchange between the rapist and Jo, too. So I'd vote for that.

Of course, I'd might be totally wrong but I feel like making assumptions, guessing and thinking about every possible "what if" is the only way to actually survive waiting period. ;)

7. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Ah, so it will be the rapist from DC. That's a bit too convenient IMO, but it's fine because I'm sure Sela will be great in the storyline. And even if they don't get the b*stard immediately, they're going to take him down. I hope Jo gets the satisfaction of being the one to do it, but only after the whole team rallies together to nail him. (Just Jo and Lindsay working together to get him would be good too, considering their previous discussion about the case and whatnot - any storyline that involves Lindsay doing something other than being Danny's Wife and Lucy's Mother is fine by me.)

I don't know if the web show is geoblocked, but I think people from all over were Tweeting questions to the EPs on Wednesday for CSI. I've already got some questions jotted down to ask tonight. I'm sure there will be plenty of fans asking about DL and whatnot, so I want to make sure someone throws in some questions about the rest of the team. Who knows, we might get some info about Sam or Tyler or something. :D

8. taylorgirl

Can i ask a question?
    It might be stupid but you know the lab job Mac got, you know the 9/11 job thing, is that for one episode or...? and is he still a detective now? or just Mac Taylor?
    Sorry if its a stupid question:alienblush:

9. Faylinn

He's been away from the lab for ~4 months (I think) when the new season starts, but I'm pretty sure he's back in the lab by episode 2. So they address his desire to leave, but he's not gone for long.

10. taylorgirl

Thanks for clearing that up :)

11. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

@JoeyDC: You're very welcome. I'm not an active viewer of either NY or LV, only Miami, but I figured I might as well make use of my TV Guide subscription and pass on scoops I know are exclusive to the print edition.

12. PerfectAnomaly

So far in the chat they've pointed out that Anna is funny, they love putting DL together and Anna has had many hairstyles over the years. So glad they're focusing on the important stuff. :rolleyes: Oh yeah, they pretty much confirmed they're giving everyone a romance this year too. :rolleyes: Oh yeah, Danny's job causes a conflict but never fear, the DL twu wub remains strong. :rolleyes: And Lucy is healthy. :wtf:

The only thing interesting so far is that Flack's interaction with his sister could have an impact on a decision about his job by the end of the season.

If they get a S9 and they get rid of Flack I'll have to smack a bitch or two. I don't know why my mind jumped to that extreme scenario, but it did.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  13. Faylinn

I think this is all of the spoilery stuff they said - not much of anything new, but it was mostly an episode chat about the finale.

I had a lot of good questions lined up, and I tried to ask some - oh well, it's not the best set-up for a chat.

ETA: Oh, and they played a promo for the premiere that was good. There was a clip of Danny and Flack's flashback.

14. PerfectAnomaly

Why do I get the feeling the things we are supposed to be surprised by with Danny's promotion is that he and his boo aren't working together and spending every waking and non waking moment together? ;)

I don't think the word "chemistry" means what they think it means. ;)

They're planning something ELSE "really juicy" for DL? A married couple having to deal with not being together 24/7/365 for, like, four episodes is "juicy?" :wtf:

15. Faylinn

The 'surprising' thing about Danny's promotion will probably be the investigation in episode 804 (I think it was).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.