Season 7?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by FlackFan01, Mar 17, 2010.

1. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Yeah, I know how you feel. Most weeks, I'm tuning in just to watch Mac, really, though I really enjoy all the other characters too (Lindsay not so much but she's had some good moments this season, actually, when she got let out of the Danny's-Wife role a little) and I think there have been a couple of good episodes for both the 'major' characters (Mac/Stella/Danny) and even (finally) for the 'background' characters - Cuckoo's Nest for Flack, It Happened to Me for Hawkes and Flag on the Play for Sid. And one or two good-all-around eps like Death House. But yeah, there does seem to have been something missing this season, can't really put my finger on what, though. But the final couple of eps sound good! It's a bit like CSI Vegas, I still watch it but with Grissom gone, it feels like something's missing, not just Grissom, but something about the whole show generally. I think Fishburne is doing a good job - he is pretty much the only reason I am still watching it. I get the same kind of feeling from watching NY for some of this season, the eps are watchable, a nice way to spend an hour of my Saturday night or Sunday afternoon if I go out (hey, the men are hot, and it is a crime show) but they're pretty forgettable.

But I definitely agree about the potential of episodes and characters, being undersused.

Still, spoilers for what's to come sound good to me.

We know the writers and actors have a lot of potential, they can and do produce very good episodes, so I'm hoping that they get that back for s7/end of s6. Though I don't expect EVERY episode to be absolutely brilliant, I mean they do have to produce around 20 of 'em every season, so some filler type episodes are fine in any tv show from time to time, IMO. But a lot of the eps this season seem to have been filler type stuff.