Season 7?

^What do you mean?

7 is like cursed number; I don't know I just have that feeling; lot of good shows died due to lack of inspiration or originality. They are resourceful but can it really go for 7 years without dropping guard ?

When/If CSI: NY gets picked up for a season 7, I know what it needs to do to revive/reinvent itself. It's need to follow in the footsteps of the other 2 CSI shows. In its 9th season, CSI brought in Laurence Fishburne as Ray Langston and Lauren Lee Smith as Riley Adams. Well, season 10 Riley was gone and Ray by himself just wasn't enough to keep me. CSI: Miami seems like a new show since they added Eddie Cibrian as Jesse Cardoza and Omar Benson Miller as Walter Simmons. I've loved season 8 of CSI: Miami. TPTB at CSI: NY need to watch the season 9 episodes of CSI with Riley and Ray. Then go back and watch all of season 8 of CSI: Miami. I'm not too worried about CSI: NY getting renewed for a 7th season. I'm just using "When/If" at the beginning of this post because the title of this thread ends in with a question mark. I'm more worried about whether CSI: NY can hang on to its current night and time and whether it can survive past a 7th season. The first 4 seasons of CSI: NY were great. Season 5 was okay and season 6 has sucked except for about 5 episodes. Plus if that Criminal minds spin-off gets picked up and CBS does it like they did the NCIS spin-off NCIS: LA, CBS will put the Criminal Minds spin-off after Criminal Minds. You know what that means? CSI: NY will have to move.
I think CSI: NY will be picked up.
Whether it'll be on the same night and time it is now, I'm not so sure about.

Last edited:
Whether it'll be on the same night and time it is now, I'm not so sure about.

WELL MY PROBLEM IS BIGGER THAN WOULD THEY MOVE IT OR NOT - ONLY ONE TV IN CRO HAS CSI:NY AND IF SHOW SUCK IN STATES RTL WOULD NOT BUY NEW EPISODES. SO Y' SEE WHAT THE PROBLEM IS_ AND FOR THE SHOW I'M SURE IT WILL BE FINE 7TH SEASON BUT NOT EVERYBODY SEE THAT. I'LL ALREADY HAVE PROBLEM WITH BUYING SEASONS IN MY COUNTRY: THEY JUST STOP TO PUBLISH IT. ANNOYING
JUST FOR THE RECORD TO KNOW THAT THERE ARE OTHER TIME ZONES COVERED WITH CSI:NY . APP. TO ADMIN. IF I BROKE ANY RULE . SORRY
:(:(:(

^What do you mean?

7 is like cursed number; I don't know I just have that feeling; lot of good shows died due to lack of inspiration or originality. They are resourceful but can it really go for 7 years without dropping guard ?

Thank you, Aschatria!

CSI: NY really needs to reinvent itself after this season or if given a chance after next season. Writing is not a problem except for some unnecessary drama. The cast is still great but needs young and new energy. Maybe a new female detective? A new CSI would be too much except if an actor's contract is up and decided to move on.

[QUOTE. Maybe a new female detective? [/QUOTE]
OK We just come to a breaking point.:devil: I'm all for it, I mean her. Y' have a plot...???:evil:
Just for the record I'm buying myself big plate and a new update for sat. subscription; we had so many reruns that I'm afraid they will take it of the main channel :eek:

Maybe a new female detective?
OK We just come to a breaking point.:devil: I'm all for it, I mean her. Y' have a plot...???:evil:
Just for the record I'm buying myself big plate and a new update for sat. subscription; we had so many reruns that I'm afraid they will take it of the main channel :eek:

Hmmm... I'm not good at imagining but I like how they introduced Det. Angell. We get to know her more, step by step.

I wouldn't want to see a new character, especially not as Jess had to go. She was perfect as a detective, bringing a new one in...nah, I doubt I'd like that at all. Plus I think in season 7 they could rather try to work with the characters they have: Mac, Stella, Danny, Lindsay, Hawkes, Don, Sid and Adam. They have such awesome characters, yet some of them were even missing in a couple of episodes. I think they should rather try to get more balance in again, like in season 2 for example, which I love to use as an example. Back then I didn't have the constant feeling that some characters are neglected.

I think also that the best way to keep the show interesting is to develop the characters. There's still plenty of stuff to tell. I wouldn't wanna see the loss of a another character. I liked Jess a lot and seeing the season 5 finale was heart braking. I solidly believe that season 7 will come but what the storylines are is another story. I just hope they will keep the level of telling interesting and different stories high. Cause it's up to writers cause the actors are awesome! :)

Exactly. I mean we still don't know too much about many of the characters. It would be so great if they gave us more background information. When you discuss a character and actually realise that you barely have any information about them...that's what they could concentrate on. To show us more of who the characters actually are. This would give us a lot of nice storylines I guess. And I agree, the actors/actresses are awesome. Now they only need some really interesting storylines. And I'm still wishing for the two case episodes to return.

I don't want to see a new character either. Don't get me wrong. I mean, I loved that we got Lindsay (even if she probably replaced Aiden when she died), and even Jess. We have also got some recurring but small roles. Mainly in season 1 and 2. Characters like Chad Willingham, Jane Parsons, and some more characters (but I forgot their names). Like a female latino detective, and the lab tech + M.E. who were in a couple of episodes in the beginning of Season 2 before Sid started to work as an ME. As Hawkes was a new CSI then. It turned into other re-curring but small roles like Peyton and Pino. We also got re-curring suspects. Like Drew, Shane Casey, Compass killer and Cab killer. Oh, I nearly forgot Haylen, Reed and Aubrey.

What I tried to say is that I am so tired of it. Tired of losing characters that means something and adds something special. I mean, I really liked Aiden and Jess. Some of the recurring characters have been nice, but there are very few that I want to come back. And I don't want to see a new character either. I fear that that character either will replace someone else, who gotta leave the show. Or that it will become a new 'Haylen Becall'. She was supposed to stay longer in the show, but after a bad introduction, she had to leave CSI New York. Which is understandable.

I am not afraid for changes though. I think it is what CSI New York needs. But new characters is not a good idea. I rather think we need better storylines. Where we both can see character development, more of the "background characters". As I am so tired of Stella and Mac getting all attention. Yes, we all know that Gary and Melina are the "superstars". Especially Gary, who also is one of the producers. But it doesn't mean that they deserve and need all the attention all the time. Sometimes it feels like the other characters are left behind. Especially Adam and Sid. I mean, Hawkes is not even working as a ME nowadays. He is a CSI. Yet, he does Sid's job sometimes. It is very frustrating. As it means we don't see Sid in that episode. What's the point in Hawkes being a CSI now, if he still wants to be a M.E. sometimes? Sometimes he even does Adam's work in the lab. I just don't get it. Don't get me wrong, I still like Hawkes though.

I think season 6 has been the worst season so far. Mainly because of the storylines. It has felt like something is missing. Something I cannot put my finger on. But the storylines haven't been that good yet. But I also dislike how TPTB change thier minds and plans all the time. They seem to make plans and come up with ideas for storylines and character development, but somehow change their minds and drop it. It has felt like a roller coaster. You never know what you'll get. TPTB may start something new, but stop it quickly for no good reason. Or any reason at all. I don't think they know what 'durability' means and how to use it. I don't want another season (season 7) to be like another roller coaster with neverending surprises.

And all re-runs need to stop. I know that the show had breaks during the Olympic Games and now "March Madness". It doesn't only affect people in Canada and United States. You watch the new episodes first. But it affects everyone else who live in other countries too, as we also have to wait even longer before we can see those episodes. I think this is a main reaso to why people start losing their interests. They don't want to wait so long to see new episodes. As it's frustrating.

To make a short summary, we need new storylines and some durability. Changes and surprises are good, but it has been really bad. TPTB haven't handled it well. We haven't really had any kind of durability during this season. We don't really need new characters. We already have good actors and good characters. All we need is character development. I also miss the two case-episodes. It meant a lot of good teamwork, and everyone was necessary and helpful. I loved it.

Last edited:
To make a short summary, we need new storylines and some durability. Changes and surprises are good, but it has lacked. We haven't really had any kind of durability during this season. We don't really need new characters. We already have good actors and good characters. All we need is character development. I also miss the two case-episodes. It meant a lot of good teamwork, and everyone was necessary and helpful. I loved it.

i agree with this whole paragraph :)

Changed it a bit though. Was worried it wouldn't make sense ;) Nice to see that you agree though. I could co on for ages just ranting and complain about things in season 6 (and previous season), that I don't want to see in a new season. But I have to stop myself ;) As it would be a too long post, and I am not sure everyone would read it all.

I don't want any new characters either. I enjoy Mac and Stella centric storylines, and I think Danny is the character after them that gets the most attention, but I do think it would be great to see Sid, Adam,and Hawkes get more storylines. With about 20 episodes a season, I think there should be enough attention to go around! Even an episode like Down the Rabbit Hole or The Party's Over, when Adam got an unusual chance to shine, or Page Turner where we saw more of Sid and in a different light, would be good. Though I don't mind the Mac/Stella/Danny focus, it would be nice to see more of Adam and Sid in particular.
I miss the two case episodes too.

I just really like Angell that's why I'm so used to having female detective. I like all the actors and characters of CSI: NY. In fact, they are the very first reason why I watch the show. I mean, no matter how bad (not really bad, but flat) some (few) episodes this season are, I still watch the show.

Back