Season 7?

Well, we had Detective Kaile Maka. Another female detective, even if she only appeared in 4 episodes. I liked her too. But when Jess came, and appeared in more episodes and had a great chemistry with Flack, then it started to feel really great. But I am not sure if I want to see another detective. I mean, we usually see the CSI's work with Flack anyway. Barely anyone else, until Jess came. So it would be a bit weird and awkward if someone replaced Jess now.

I would like to see Stella's antagonist competing; that would be great. But I don't know any actresses who would give the antagonist character same power like Stella's. If they gain good one that would really steam things up.

I would like to see Stella's antagonist competing; that would be great. But I don't know any actresses who would give the antagonist character same power like Stella's. If they gain good one that would really steam things up.

Why? I am sorry, I am just trying to understand why you want to see her getting some competition. I am convinced Stella can get some development without competition. I also like Stella the way she is. And CSI NY doesn't need more competition. It was sweet when it was Adam and Kendall. Annoying when it was Adam and Haylen. I know that you talked about Stella here, but I don't see how it can be good for the show.

It would be nice if you could explain how it would really steam things up? I just don't get it. The show needs other things instead, to steam things up and make it more interesting. Not some rival who will compete with Stella.

I see I touched motherlode (Vildis) when mentioned antagonist, and I liked y' reply - an attitude and everything.After seen y' thread I know why. By the way, it's good one.
I'm hoping writers will reinvent char and even couple them in a way they still didn't but I'm strongly against loss of char due to storyline - exc. getting better role.
Aiden was supersensual and liked her a lot; and her reload epi of Heroes although nice and luscious , but why they had to torch her? I would prefer moderate outcome more. CSI has like 2 stiffs by epi, so why make an ex-crew member one of them. I felt like scrolling through fanfic - skeleton flashes in the mid of sentence, and Mac was like all angry and M_ad rated (rodeo staff girls- remembered how Aiden left - scene in the office)...
Reply for yours durabillity and surprises assessment - well let them experiment so if they hit some good tunes we will all benefit from it.
Y' mentioned need for some good background char development 'cause y' get tired of Mac vs. Stella, so I agree on everything y' said except one about not gettin' a new char.CS investigators are prestigeous, wanted in carear book so I don't see WHY NOT Stella's antagonist emerging.
And what I really want to see, cute fatty all chunked up ego supersized clearing Stella's schedule board. Y' know one really bad brasillian Samba type. who make y' thinkin' she's polishin' scales in between shots. And what about steamin'? Shouldn't Mac then had to sweaten up Stella and put her back on her post after her disturbia crises and maybe had an angry talk with antagonist letin' her " get away with it".
I know y' did't see her like that but now y' make me thinkin' nasty and decided to go all shaft on y' - why she had to be new squeeze for our delicious lead, maybe she would prefer sour fish-bone for her leathered nights more...

I am sorry, but I did not understand much of your post. I did read it a couple of times, but it just doesn't make sense.

The only thing I really understood was this:

"Reply for yours durabillity and surprises assessment - well let them experiment so if they hit some good tunes we will all benefit from it. "

I don't mind some surprises and changes. But I am really disappointed in how it has been this season. It hasn't been a good season at all, which is weird as I liked the first 5 seasons. That made me more convinced that we need some durability. Some surprises are fine, I can handle that. It can also make some storylines become better. But they haven't handled it well during season 6. If season 7 continue in the same way/direction, I will probably stop watching CSI New York.

NOT EVERY SEASON IS GOOD, I AGREE BUT THEY HAVE TIME AND I THINK LOTS OF MATERIAL TO IMPROVE. AND PLEASE REPLY WHAT EXACTLY YOU DIDN'T UNDERSTAND IN MY POST - I KNOW IT IS LONG, BUT YOURS ARE LONGER, I HAD TO PRINT THEM..

I do not mind reading long posts. It is completely fine, and I usually understand people, no matter how much (or little) they write.

I just do not understand what you mean with 'motherlode'. I checked it up earlier, just to find out what it means. Now when I know, I don't understand what you meant. As you probably meant something else.

You also mentioned my "thread" earlier. What thread? I have not started any thread here. Could you possible mean "post" instead?

I am also no native english speaker, so reading your shortened words makes it difficult to understand what you write. I can understand if people write shortened words such as "it's, that's, you're, can't, wouldn't" and so on. But when you keep on writing it like:y', it is hard to understand. I might be totally dumb. It may be a mix of my own stupidity and bad english (as english is not my mother tongue.) I am no native english speaker. I don't know. I just find it difficult to understand what you are writing. It makes me confused.

I just guess it is the way you write and the fact I am stupid, that makes it difficult for me to understand you. I don't know. As everyone else seems to understand you very well.

I know that I went totally off-topic, but couldn't send a PM to that member. I apologize.

I just do not understand what you mean with 'motherlode'.
You also mentioned my "thread" earlier. What thread? I have not started any thread here. Could you possible mean "post" instead?
I am also no native english speaker, so reading your shortened words makes it difficult to understand .
I know that I went totally off-topic, but couldn't send a PM to that member. I apologize.

FIRST I WANT TO SAY THAT YOU OPENED AN INTERESTING TOPIC ABOUT INTRODUCING/ OR NOT THE NEW CHARACTER; AND I WOULD LIKE TO DEBATE ABOUT IT MORE, LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE REGARDING CSI:NY, AND I THINK YOU DEFEND YOUR STAND PRETTY GOOD.
I'M SORRY FOR SHORTENED WORDS, I WRITE FASTER LIKE THAT, I DIDN'T THINK ABOUT NON-NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKERS. SORRY.
AND YOU REALLY HIT MY MOTHERLODE ( the biggest nerve or wire) WHEN YOU SAID YOU ARE ABOUT TO STOP WATCHING CSI BECAUSE THEIR LACK OF DURABILITY AND PLANNING IRITATES YOU.

Thanks. I think we can agree on one point. That we have different opinions about Stella. I am just unsure if bringing in an antagonist character would be a good idea. Because I like that Stella is a strong and independent woman. So bringing in a rival who will give her some competion, it may make it all worse. I don't want to see a cat fight. And we have already seen some rivalry/competition. But not with Stella. It was Adam and Kendall in season for. And Adam and Haylen in season 6. I think it's enough. I don't want more competition, and I think Stella wouldn't handle it well.

I am not totally against a new character. I just don't want a regular one. Like a detective or a new CSI. I have been waiting for Hawkes's and Adam's love interests. They were supposed to show up in season 6. Hawkes' love interest may show up in season 7. It's what I've been told. But I don't dare believing in it this time. So I don't really mind a new character. But it should be someone we need. I don't want anyone to replace Angell, or someone who shall compete with Stella. I want to see someone who can provide that little extra, you know something special. Charisma, maybe a little humor. Someone who can bring more energy and make the show more fast-paced and exciting again. But I'm not sure if I want to see this person become a main character. A recurring character would be a better idea.

But most of all, I want to see more of Adam and Sid. I have missed them a lot this season. Even if I can understand that AJ Buckleyb has been very busy with other projects. But I have missed Adam anyway. I also want to see more of the other characters and more development, before we bring in another character.

I used to be a devoted CSI New York fan. I am still a fan of the show. I think there has been a couple of bad episodes before. But season 6 has missed something special. I don't think I can put my finger on it, and decribe exactly what it is. I think it's a mix of several things. Average storylines, too many surprises and lack of durability. It is something that gives me many questions, questions without any answer. I am starting to lose interest. I hate to admit it, but it is true. If it continues in season 7, I may actually stop watching the show. I am still watching right now though, hoping for something better to come.

Last edited:
I want to see someone who can provide that little extra, you know something special. Charisma, maybe a little humor. Someone who can bring more energy and make the show more fast-paced and exciting again. But I'm not sure if I want to see this person become a main character. A recurring character would be a better idea.
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU; I WOULD LIKE HUMOR TOO; WELL WE WILL WAIT AND SEE

I think season 6 has been the worst season so far. Mainly because of the storylines. It has felt like something is missing. Something I cannot put my finger on. But the storylines haven't been that good yet. But I also dislike how TPTB change thier minds and plans all the time. They seem to make plans and come up with ideas for storylines and character development, but somehow change their minds and drop it. It has felt like a roller coaster. You never know what you'll get. TPTB may start something new, but stop it quickly for no good reason. Or any reason at all. I don't think they know what 'durability' means and how to use it. I don't want another season (season 7) to be like another roller coaster with neverending surprises.

I couldn't agree more about the storylines.
I'm a Mac-Stella fan, so I like their storylines but even those have been picked up around Christmas and then got crushed again.
I get the feeling the TPTB sometimes freak out about what they have created and suddenly are afraid of the direction it's going to head and then make something out of it which totally doesn't make sense and doesn't fit with what they have created. They seem to have something on their minds and sometimes don't care whether it fits or not with what has previously been portrayed. Or they forget about things altogether.
NY is still my favorite of the three CSI's (Vegas just didn't do it with Langston and Miami is sometimes plain annoying). There were some good episodes this season but at the moment it feels like I'm watching just to see if Mac and Stella do get together in the end or not. (Okay, I guess, purpose served with one of the things they keep building up and then let die down, however, I would keep watching once they are a couple, if they get to be one too because I just love their flirting and their friendship and their characters.)
Yet sometimes I'm really shocked that the TPTB's get paid for what they are doing... I mean, seriously, some things are just so forced at times or the character backgrounds ignored or changed just to serve their purposes... The characters have so much potential... most of the episodes have so much potential...
I hope they can get a grip on that!!

Ballettmaus

Well said. I am no Mac and Stella fan (to be honest, I am one of few people who prefer Adam and Stella instead). But I can understand how you feel. As TPTB crushed everything with Adella (Adam and Stella). During season 4 and 5 , you could see some flirting between them. Well, I could see it anyway. So their night together was no surprise for me. But they dropped the story right after that. Which was weird. Why create a story during a long time, and suddently drop it? So I can understand how you feel, even if we like different characters and want to see different things. Me personally, wouldn't want to see Stella and Mac become a couple. But I respect your opinions, and can accept that you want to see them together. Just know what you feel, as I feel the same with Adam and Stella instead.

And some things don't end in one episodes. Some things come back in other episodes. Which makes it more important to make sense. But TPTB forget these small details, which makes me confused and totally lost. It just doesn't make sense. But I have no idea if TPTB forget things, or if they just want to change things. Either way, I hate it.

But I totally agree with you, the characters and the episodes have so much potential. That's why we don't need new re-curring characters, or a love triangle (Mac dating 2 two women). Which just feels weird to me. As Mac is not known as someone who likes to date or have a love life. At the same time, he is no "player" or casanova. So it's hilarious that two ladies are fighting for his love and attention. I am convinced that you can develop the characters anyway. There are still so much to do with these characters. Especially the "background characters" (Flack, Hawkes, Adam and Sid). They rarely get muich attention, and TPTB could easily create great stories and develop these characters. I think that season 6 has been so lame. It's almost like TPTB are too afraid for competition, or something, Too afraid to be too similar to the other two CSI shows, but I doubt CSI New York ever would be too similar. Yet, there are a lot of stories and cases they could use. Which would be realistic for a city like New York.

I just want them to develop the cases and storylines, and keep some durability at the same time. It can't be that difficult, right?

Since CBS announced some details about the finale, I think it is safe to say that we are going to have a season 7! :thumbsup: What's not certain is if we can get another season after that but I'm always praying for many more seasons ahead! :)

I agree that CSI:NY will certainly get a seventh season,but I doubt(based on the recent ratings) that will reach season 8.

^I hope not. Don't lose hope. I don't think CBS will give up that easily on CSI: NY. I mean, the show is doing good this season until it faces SVU. At least, SVU isn't doing any better so that's a good sign. And it's NBC's most popular drama vs. CBS's average.

Back