Season 7 Spoiler Discussion - Welcome back to the Big Apple!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *NickStone*

*NickStone* Hit and Run

:drool::drool::drool:

Lindsay in Dress Uniform... Very Nice indeed. She really is smoking hot. Looking forward to seeing more pictures of her dressed like that , to seeing the scene itself and Season 7 in general. Thanks for the post. :cool:

2. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ i hardly noticed her. my attention was... er... elsewhere ;) ;)

3. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

4. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

It's fine with me if there would be D/L split-up. I'm just worried that it would take too much drama, just like how worried I was with the Twilight-arc but it turned out great! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the pictures. Wow, I'm feeling that Jo will be my new favorite character! :)

Dear PV, please watch seasons 1 and 2 of the show you are in-charge of, you know, CSI: NY. As a fan, I'm so frustrated with the inconsistencies in some of the character's past, like Stella:
    Last year (GFD), she was 34 years old and has been working with Mac for 10 years. But in season 1 (2004), she said that she worked in Narcotics in 1994. So that means, she was only 19 by then. :wtf: Other unrelated fact, she got out of foster home when she was 18. :shifty: :eek:
    Now that Stella - who has the most outrageous background - is gone to New Orleans, it looks like the new target is Danny.
    In season 1 (On The Job), Mac said that he hired Danny five years before. So now, Danny's been working with Mac for 11 years. So if he was working with Paulson 10 years ago, I'll just assume that Danny was doing two jobs back then. :shifty: Whatever. It seems very minimal error (1 year) but then it's kind of annoying.
    Please just be consistent. I know and understand the franchise time-cheat but it's always a treat to us fans when you get things right - continuity and consistency. I like how Flack's allergy to cats, Adam's OCD, Mac's attraction to brunnettes, and other simple information have been included once in a while

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  5. PianoWizzy

PianoWizzy Prime Suspect

Oh my GOD I missed a lot, and OH MY GOD STELLA IS LEAVING.

-restating the obvious here, I'm sorry-

6. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Yeah, continuity issues have been a huge problem within the CSI franchise. Sometimes it feels like when the shows hire new writers, they don't bother referring to past episodes. How Pam Veasey--who has been with NY since the beginning--fails to maintain accurate continuity is beyond me.

7. spunky86

spunky86 Hit and Run

Do you mind sharing him???:drool:

8. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Not at all, not at all. :devil:

I kind of wish they'd do another group promo picture like the one on the beam from a few seasons ago. (Oh man, remember all of our ~speculation~ when that one came out about possible symbolism and what it meant that Sid was holding an X-ray of a skull and Don was cleaning his gun while Sheldon held a flashlight? :lol: Memories...)

9. JoeyDC

JoeyDC Rookie

I tell you, they shouldn't call themselves writers at all. I'm a writer myself, so I know how important and essential continuity is for a strong story line/characters. CSI:NY writers are really an embarrassment and I'd suggest they hire some of the Criminal Minds writers because they are not only professional and absolutely accurate and very detail-oriented but also extremely committed, talented and really know how to build strong characters/story lines and maintain this quality throughout every single episode!

It hurts to see my once favorite TV show go down like this because of the writers who don't give a damn as long as money comes in. I don't wanna complain all the time because I dearly love most of the CSI:NY cast, but still there is only so much I can take!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  10. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

agreed - it seems a tad poor given that we, who are "only" fans can have a better grasp of it than she and the other writers do. ok, granted some of us watch the dvds religiously and can recite entire episodes backwards and in swahili, but ultimately they're not "our" characters, we didn't create them, and you'd think that regardless of the obsession levels displayed in some quarters, their creators would know the most about their histories. do they not keep notes?

i did the universal studios tour in LA recently, and the narrator was explaining what the continuity person does on set and how crucial the role is to the production - i remember thinking "well csiny's one should probably be fired, if they have one at all" (and i know they do, that 2nd part was meant to have a :rolleyes: face with it :)

i agree about the CM writers - much as i love csiny for many reasons (even i know there's more to life than mac, although not a lot more!) CM is by far the better show, technically speaking - not just because csi has a habit of being a bit silly at times (which i have no complaint against at all, hell, it's entertainment and i love a bit of silly) whereas CM is more gritty and crosses the line of cheese less often, but also because CM is very very tightly written and has longer term continuity that adds up. i should just clarify that saying it's the better show doesn't mean it's my favourite of the two. i love both for different reasons but y'know CM doesn't have mr sinise so frankly will never be my favourite. shallow, moi?:guffaw:

11. JoeyDC

JoeyDC Rookie

I honestly believe writing a proper screen play can be tough but isn't as hard as if writing a novel. In a novel you have to consider so many different aspects, but when it comes to a screen play you mostly focus on the story line and come up with lines for the actors. That's it. In my opinion, the actors are the ones who bring each character to life in their own personal way, and develop them throughout the TV show. So it shouldn't be too much to ask from the writers to take care of continuity and other important details, now is it? The key word is backstory because it defines every character! I wonder if some of them won their degree in a lottery.

CSI:NY has by far some of the most talented and captivating actors on the show in comparison to the other two CSIs. That's why it used to be my favorite TV show, but not anymore. As much as I admire Eddie as an actor and I am grateful to see him on TV regularly, I think CBS has lost their mind and touch to reality. They don't give a damn about the fans or to maintain a certain quality, all they care about is money and that makes me sick to my tummy. Without the loyal fans of each single TV show, they wouldn't be on top and as successful as they are right now.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  12. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ you'd think they could make notes as they went along so they don't forget what's happening with each character. or, even better, since they are in hollywood, they could watch previous episodes when going to write for a character so they have an idea of what they wrote before!

13. JoeyDC

JoeyDC Rookie

As long as the money flows in they don't care, it's as simple as that :(.

14. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I think some of the comments about the writers are a little on the harsh side. The show has been running for six going on seven years now--it's probably hard to keep all of the details straight. Most shows, if they go on for long enough, have some small continuity errors here and there. As fans, we're probably more attuned to them in some ways anyway, and I admit, I didn't remember how long Danny had been a CSI. The age thing is just a little goofy all around. The characters seem to be about 10 years younger than the actors playing them in some cases, and that's just silly.

I also don't think the writers are purposefully being lazy or trying to churn out bad episodes. I agree that last season was pretty weak overall, but prior to that, there have been some truly excellent episodes of this show. I think they're facing the challenges every writing team faces when they've been on a show that's run for a lot of years--how do they keep it fresh after so many seasons? The introduction of a new character could help that, actually.

Also, screenplays require more than just good dialogue--they have a complex structure that keeps the episode moving over the course of the hour. Novels might be more difficult in many regards, but I don't think screenplays are quite as easy as they might seem.

15. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I agree that it must be more complicated than we make it out to be. Yet the thing that annoys me is that I've actually seen shows where continuity has been achieved and the storylines and characters have been made stronger because of it. So that tells me it can be done and makes me think that if they paid a bit more attention then the CSI franchise writers could also accomplish it. And what about the actors? I've listened to a lot of podcasts on Battlestar Galactica and the creator comments from time to time that the actor/actress was concerned that his/her character would not say or do something because it was OOC and they (the writers) listened to them, assessed the situtation and in a lot of cases made the adjustment. I think that the actors/actresses are also supposed to know in depht their characters and should be able to pinpoint a lot of these little details that escape the writers. Especially in a show that's been running for so long and your character is like second nature by now. I just think that they should be more careful in what they've created and pay more attention to what they've developed. It's not like they can't go back and just watch the episodes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.