Season 7 Spoiler Discussion - Welcome back to the Big Apple!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Poor bb - I'm guessing that's from episode 2, when he has a confrontation with the killer.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Aww... poor Adam! Why are they always beating up my guys? LOL.

4. flack's girl

flack's girl Dead on Arrival

Poor, poor Adam. Bless his little cotton socks!!

5. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

WE AGREE!! :lol:
    I understand this.
    Which would seem pretty trivial if it was.:)

Nice job on Adam from the makeup department!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  6. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

aw, *yay* :lol::p (Is there anything DerBobster can't do?)

:lol:

(...and I'm not even after world domination ;). However, I'll indulge in a wee Smithers-esque *Ex-cellent* just for fun :p).

What I meant was the transition as a whole :). Not just Stella leaving but a new character coming in. I doubt we'll get everything to know about her all in the first ep. I do think there will be material spread across several to reveal things about her, yada. I get the impression that time which otherwise may have been allotted to background arcs will instead be initially focused on Jo and to exploring new team dynamics. MK leaving was a gamechanger for plans. Doesn't mean to say things may not find their ways into later eps. Who knows.

I truly do appreciate you taking the time to be agreeable on my behalf :p. I don't, however, mind going to the trouble of doing such things meself tho ;). Especially as I think your optical calisthenics mighta skipped a few bits 'n pieces of what I'd previously said. On my own behalf and all. About how I'd actually personally be less ammenable to seeing Mac and Jo outright hooked up.

And I still rather think it's premature to presume Mac & Jo are gonna get together :lol:.

I will definitely give Jo a chance, and see her onscreen before deciding whether I like her or not. As her own character, unattached. Her dynamic with all the characters will come into play, not just Mac. I'm not gonna pick her apart unduly simply because she's not Stella. I do agree though, I'm sure there will be plenty of folk who will not find Jo agreeable, if only because she's not Stella. Kudos to SW for taking it on to step into such circumstances, transitioning lead characters on an established show.

That, of course, is just me, speaking for meself, on what I find personally agreeable :).

Aw. New Peril magnet :lol:.

7. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

8. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I don't think any reason is "trivial." I mean, every show on the planet that has a male and female lead hook them up at some point in the life of the show. Wanting a show to go against that stereotype is a very valid reason not to want the leads to hook up. Not being the main reason doesn't negate its validity or importance.

9. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Got It!:thumbsup:

Always my pleasure..you know that!:lol:

I stand corrected!:)

My first reaction to all of this was negative and disappointment I will admit, but as my enthusiasm for the show is waning I can not in all earnest pick on SW. I do not know her, nor can I fault her for wanting to work. I will however refrain from
    idolizing her for simply signing on the dotted line for her own monetary pleasure. Not to say YOU are idolizing her DONT misunderstand this as I have been repriminded in the past for MPOV. Those who are fans have faith and that is good, those who dont are not so quick to jump on the bandwagon. SW herself threw out the "Romancing of Mac" notion.:)

And who of course could not agree with this!:)

Not Grissom and Cathrine or Horatio and Calliegh.
    I wasnt suggesting your reasoning was trivial quite the contrary. It was that sterotypical fashion you speak of that I was referring too.

10. JoeyDC

JoeyDC Rookie

Hope you guys don't mind when I share this small excerpt of a Los Angeles Times article about CSI:NY and Melina leaving.

Especially the highlighted part at the end made me laugh and angry at the same time. I definitely didn't watch CSI:NY season 6 because of the (many messed-up) story lines but only because of Eddie Cahill aka Don Flack. He's one of my favorite actors and that's the ONLY reason why I continued watching. In my opinion, the actors are the ones who attract the attention of the viewers and their fan-bases are the reason why CSI:NY is still successful.

11. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

That's true. I wasn't being literal when I said "every show on the planet." But the amount of shows that hook up the leads really outweighs the ones that don't.

Oh. Sorry for misunderstanding.

12. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

My first reaction was definitely surprise and disappointment MK was leaving, but not default negative. I was concerned how the show would proceed, in losing a lead; the casting of SW has definitely allayed some of that, but that's still also tempered with waiting to see what will actually transpire onscreen.

I suppose I have also been more of a stubborn viewer than an enthralled one over the past coupla years :lol:. I think that's also partly why I'm glad the show up is being shaken up, even thru events I'd have preferred were otherwise.

I don't think "idolization" of an actress is warranted for choosing to work on a show :lol:, nor also declining to, be it SW, or MK or whomever in general :p. (And while money was likely a factor both in MK's departure and SW's signing, it would seem to me a bit of a disservice to both to suggest it was the sole impetus in each their circumstance).

It's a substantial undertaking to sign on a show; and where there is a major transition, and where there will be conflicted viewer loyalties and interest, it's just an acknowledgement of the task at hand to wish SW well in the face of it, and a hope she, the character, and the show will be given a chance. NY made me a fan of MK, and she got kudos and best wishes from me for deciding to move on; SW is someone who's work I respect, and she gets pleasantly surprised kudos for stepping in. She's a name I did not expect. The show could do far worse than someone of her caliber. I hope it turns out that she'll fit in well, both sides of the camera.

I have a natural aversion to Bandwagons, no matter from whence they hail :lol:. I simply speak my own mind. And it's not about faith for me, it's about possibilities ;). I am hoping the changes will re-energize the show, instead of it continuing on with what the status quo has been.

SW's comment was also paraphrased, we've had nothing directly quoted from her on the matter or from anywhere else otherwise addressing the notion. "Romancing of Mac" is further paraphrasing :lol:. Either way, it's again teh resulting general bruha I'm intrigued by :p.

13. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

Catching up on the new spoilers for s7 with a few comments to offer....

First the premiere. Hmm...seems they are biting off a lot here -- resolution of the Shane Casey arc, a five month time jump, Stella has left, Jo is arriving, Lindsay problems, and oh yeah, a case to solve. :) Integrating all those elements into a coherent, interesting episode presents a daunting challenge, so I hope the writers are up to it. In general, I've found NY's premiere episodes to be relatively weak, which is frustrating because the largest audience of the season is most likely watching on that particular night. I expect that will be the case as well for this season (although probably lower initial ratings) so hopefully the writers are bringing the A game because they really can't afford to have the type of post-premiere ratings decline that occurred last season.

Have to say I'm surprised they are coming out of the gate with a Lindsey storyline. I'm not sure that's the best strategy, considering Lindsey was one of the rotating characters who 'disappeared" from time to time last season, but we'll see....If nothing else, it'll give them another opportunity to develop the character and assess the role as part of the ensemble.

Curious that there haven't been many specifics about Flack yet, except for a few pictures, but perhaps they felt he got enough exposure last season? Personally, I think they would be wise to find opportunities to bring Flack to the forefront this season as well....he's been one of the most consistent and valuable players (imo) over the last few seasons.

As for the Twilight traingle (or lack thereof), I'm not surprised they won't be revisiting it. I would guess their new priorities are to integrate Jo into the team and establish her as a credible lead and replacement for Stella, and to be successful, they need to create a certain level of rapport and connection between Jo and Mac. It is not in their best interests at all (imo) to have one or two other ladies taking Mac's attention, especially given the previous penchant for pairing GS/Mac up with women 10-15 years younger. Along those lines, I'd be surprised if they ventured into a romantic relationship between Jo and Mac this season, but I fully expect there will be some bantering, flirtatious and otherwise, because that seems to be standard fare with these types of pairings.

I suspect the writers also may try to do some rehabilitative work on Mac's character this season, which would be welcome. All the more reason to keep him away from the triangle because in the end, I'm not sure it did much for Mac, development-wise or for the series, ratings-wise.

Re: the Mac/Jo and Mac/Stella comparisons, I remember some spirited and interesting threads about Mac and Stella with all sorts of reasons why they shouldn't be in a romantic relationship. :) Off the top of my head...(1) it's cliche' and predictable, (2)it diminishes the idea that attractive men and women can work together and simply be friends, (3)it potentially skews the dynamic of the series since even more focus will be on the leads as opposed to the ensemble and the crime solving, (4)it will potentially lead to soap-opera style storylines crafted in the interest of drama, and (5)it makes the leads look unprofessional and unethical, especially if they are boss and sub-ordinate. (I'm sure there were more reasons, but I'd have to find the threads to get them all.) I'd think most of these reasons would apply to a Mac/Jo romantic pairing as well, so I'm not anticipating any great sea change in overall opinions, but you never know....

As for the episode spoilers, the one that sounds most interesting so far is the EJO one -- that's one that'll probably make it to my viewing calendar.

14. JoeyDC

JoeyDC Rookie

:thumbsup: I couldn't agree more with you!!! Not to forget one of the most talented and passionate actors on the show.

15. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Yea my default button got a bit stuck and if I think on it to long I start getting irritated wondering about the "behind the scenes" negotations but not much I can do about it. :lol:

Yes but it is all I could come up with that I could be reasonably sure was a contributing factor either positively or negatively:lol:

And she I am sure will bring fans of her own. But if a person watches the show for the show they are more inclined to stick with it. Then again if they started watching it because of certain aspects of the program and part of that is no more well then...

:lol::lol::lol:You crack me up!!!:guffaw:
    Your right about that!!:lol:
    Again well said my friend!:thumbsup: (especially about Don!:devil:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.