Season 7 Spoiler Discussion part 2 - Fighting Crime In Gotham

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Nov 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Thanks, Shane. I'll have to write that on my white board so I don't forget LOL.

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Sela answered a fan question for AXN - she was asked whether or not Jo would get a love interest this season. Here's the video clip, and here's what she said:

"Well, they've brought back my ex-husband, [played by] David James Elliott, for a quick little introduction for the audience, and there's always this little underlying flirtation with Mac. I think the intention is 'are they or aren't they?' Between the two, I think we have our hands full at the moment."

Get it, Jo. ;)

3. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

"Quick little introduction" -- does this mean David is only in one episode? Thought I read something about him being in a few episodes.

Meanwhile, here's the schedule for the remaining episodes in December, and what's to come in January:

December 24 - "Redemptio" (repeat)
    December 31 - "Point of View" (repeat)
    January 7 - "To What End?" (new)
    January 14 - "Holding Cell" (new)
    January 21 - "The 34th Floor" (repeat)
    January 28 - "Unfriendly Chat" (repeat)

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I think it's only one episode for now, but they obviously have the option of bringing him back. His introduction is related to a case that (I'm pretty sure) is contained within one episode.

5. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

CBS ANNOUNCES MID-SEASON ADDITIONS AND TIME PERIOD MOVES

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Thanks for all of the scheduling news! I think it's a shame to split NY and BB up, but I guess they're hoping BB can do even better on Wednesdays. I think it's always going to skew old, but I guess we'll see.

It's great to know the sked for NY airings through the end of January--thank you for that, vegaslights! :D

As for the DL questions... hopefully Kristin will have lots of info. Gossip sites are never going to totally do away with relationship questions because that is what people seem to be most interested in... at least the people that go to those sites. As long as there's some other stuff, too, I'll be happy.

7. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

The Blue Bloods Wednesday move isn't permanent. It's only for four weeks. The new Criminal Minds spinoff starring Forest Whitaker is going to following the original starting February 16th. I think CBS is trying to kill two birds with one stone here. The first is they aren't comfortable with continuing to air a moderately performing series like The Defenders against L&O SVU and the new Shonda "Hack" Rhymes' medical crapfest, Off the Map, and they feel that Selleck would provide better competition. The second is they're hoping that some of Criminal Minds' younger demo viewers will give the show a shot and follow it back to Friday.

8. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

I hope the series shuffle will help CSI NY. At this point I figure it is its last season and will be thrilled if it is picled up for season 8, if not. I am going to survive.

9. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

I thought about that also. I'm always a bit pessimistic when it comes to things (blame that I'm a Finn :lol:) but if CSI:NY gets season 8 I'm more than thrilled!
    But if not I will have those DVD box's with me and it's true that tv series have to end in somepoint. But if the storylines are good and no more drastic changes for the bad I'm ready to see season 8! :D

Gotta remember how many seasons of Miami and LV has been made so I don't think we're are giving our hopes too high. But that sad thing is that NY is the youngest of all three and that's not the advance of the show. Which is a pity:(

10. Country233

I am very pessimistic as well. I loved Cold Case and they cancelled in only a few months after I started watching it consistently :(

However, I also think about Gary and his years of being Mac Taylor. It would be great to see him play someone else. I think Mac's character kind of keeps him from being as sexy as we know he can be.

And yes should they cancel NY, we have our collections of DVDs to keep us going.

11. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

absolutely. i don't know what'll happen to csi ny after this season but i'm at the point now where i don't really care. i still watch it and even enjoy at least bits of it, and this season is infinitely better than the last one (ha, not exactly hard), but it's nothing like as good as it was in the first 3 seasons - for at least 2 seasons now it's felt kind of samey and almost as if they're all just going through the motions. also i guess i'm a tad sad that with gary's truly great acting capabilities they give him so little to work with. don't get me wrong, what he gets given by the writers on csi, he does really well, but he's capable of soooo much more and it makes me sad to see him being wasted like this. i'd much rather see him do something interesting or exciting or edgy or different. which, at first, csi kind of was, it was a new kind of show, it was different, it was certainly different for a hollywood film actor to be doing tv, etc etc, but now, it's just kinda.... "meh".

12. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

I'm very sad to say this but I now truly want to see Sinise and others play different characters now. Much like I can think of Melina Kanakaredes as not only the badly missed Stella Bonasera, but also Sidney Hanson from Providence years earlier, I'd like to see Sinise play another memorable character.

Back long ago, sometime in early 2007-ish, when I had truly attached to Stella on a scale I hadn't fallen in love with a fictional charachter in over a dozen years, I knew that if Melina were to leave CSI:NY, it would make me profoundly upset on a scale that would take many months to recover. Well, I was right. As of this writing, I'm still struggling to come to grips with MK's absence.

Sam the Elf could very well be spot on. Seeing all the things I'm reading, I've concluded that despite being the youngest, CSI:NY looks the most likely to die although Miami looks very close behind too. The flagship Vegas CSI could very well outlive both of it's spin-offs although when Marg leaves, it could spell the end of that show too.

But I think that while these shows are long, long past their expiration dates, I'm totally open to a new CSI show set in Chicago, Cleveland, Oklahoma City, and yes, New Orleans (With Mac retiring from NY to be with Stella after NY ends). I think the current three should end first and then, after a few years of the franchise being dormant or dead, revive it in another city. :)

While many of you will strongly disagree with me but I sometimes think that NYC is overexposed on cop shows and I'd also like to see police procedural shows focus on lesser known cities such as Green Bay, WI, Tulsa, or Albuquerque. :)

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  13. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Huh. First to go? What evidence do you guys have to support this? For a show on a Friday night, the ratings are remaining strong. Storylines are creatively better this year than the past two or three seasons. Sorry, but I highly doubt CBS and the CSI: NY producers would cast such a big talent (Sela Ward) for a show that was on the brink of death. It just doesn't work like that.

14. robotnik22

robotnik22 Rookie

I reckon that Gary should guest star on 30 Rock if NY gets cancelled.

15. Country233

i love 30 rock. that would be great

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.