Season 6 Ratings

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

6.15 "The Formula" (once again, some areas preempted the episode for basketball, so I'm not sure how that affected the results):

From PI Feedback.

2. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

I am so happy!!!!!!!! :D I knew it was going to be a good one ;) It couldn't fail at all :D

Thank you Fay for this :)

3. LVNYfan1113

LVNYfan1113 Dead on Arrival

^I'm happy too. The ratings recently have been higher compared last year. Around second half of season 5, the episodes were getting around 12.5 million viewers and 3.2 among adults 18-49 but now it's within 13.5 million viewers and 3.4 among adults 18-49. But, the first half of season 6 was noticeably down versus the first half of season 5. Generally, the ratings are stable.

By the way, your avatar is gorgeous! In what episode was that taken from? Thank you.

4. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

You're welcome! :D It's from season 2 .14 "Stuck on you" when Stella and her boyfriend are in some artistic event and a girl is shot with an arrow
    :D :D Melina is a queen :D aren't they just GORGEOUS?????????

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  5. LVNYfan1113

LVNYfan1113 Dead on Arrival

^Thank you! Yeah, absolutely! They are all gorgeous especially Angell (what the hell writers?!), Aiden (wth w?!), Stella and Catherine. They are my crushes in CSI!

6. Bonasera-Taylor

Bonasera-Taylor Prime Suspect

so far season 6 is great

7. Faylinn

First time going up against Law and Order: SVU - NY came out ahead, but it looks like SVU definitely took a chunk out of the ratings.

6.16 "Uncertainty Rules":

SVU had 9.04 million in the 10:00pm hour and 3.0/9 in the key demo. (Criminal Minds did better against SVU, but I'm not sure how much of the rise in SVU viewership was because it was the second half of a two hour episode - or how much was because it was against NY instead of CM...)

Anyway, the ratings are from PI Feedback, as usual.

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

They were actually two separate episodes, but the second hour had the bigger guest star--Mischa Barton (and Lee Tergesen for Oz fans ;) ). I think CM would be tougher competition for SVU since it tends to get higher ratings than CSI: NY. Still, it looks like NY held up just fine. I wish NBC had put SVU back on Tuesday nights at 10pm--we've already done the L&O vs. CSI match up with the original flavor going up against NY when it premiered, and well, NY won then, too. I just think it's kind of bad programming on NBC's part, given that SVU is their strongest show (I think--at least scripted). But it looks like SVU didn't do any worse than when it was at 9pm, so maybe they're fine with it. *shrug*

9. Faylinn

Ah, ok - I don't watch SVU, so I assumed it was a two-hour episode. *edits CSI Files article slightly*

10. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

NY is a L&O killer! :)

NBC thought they can be on top by putting their top drama against CBS's average drama. Well in terms of ratings but NY's quality is superior for me.

11. Faylinn

SVU is definitely bigger competition than NY is used to. They were neck-and-neck in the 18-49 demo, which tends to count more than overall viewers. According to PI Feedback, they were tied in the first half hour, and I guess it was only in the second half that NY pulled ahead in the demo.

NY was the clear winner in viewers with about 3 1/2 million more people tuning in, but SVU is definitely competition. It'll be interesting to see how the ratings continue - if NY will regain the viewers they lost this week, if SVU will gain or lose viewers, if NY will continue to squeak by with the demo or if SVU will win it sometimes...

12. Denese

Denese Civilian

Obviously CSI:NY show runners could not have predicted the whole Leno debacle and the resulting time slot change of SVU. But TPTB just seem to be 'getting it wrong' and doing things to frustrate the viewers this season. First replacing a popular character that was killed off with recurring characters that no one really takes to. Then rotating the appearance of some of the series 'regulars' so that the entire cast is rarely seen in an episode. Throw in weeks of reruns between first run episodes. The list keeps growing.
    I thought the formula was pretty simple. Keeping their viewers happy = keeping their viewers watching.

13. Bonasera-Taylor

do we know what Pot of Gold's ratings were

14. Faylinn

The preliminary ratings will come out around noon tomorrow. :)

(Well, technically today. :lol: *needs to go to bed*)

15. Bonasera-Taylor

good to know. so by the time i have watched the ep