Season 5 Wishlist

Amen to that! Seriously, the gadgets are becoming more and more ridiculous. It's slowly turning into a SciFi show and I'd hate that. Lately it seemed that they are idiots, that can't figure anything out by themselves and needed the help of an unbelievable gadget to point them the right way.
And, no, Manhattan does not equal New York. There are other places in NYC like, Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens. Stuff happen there too.

And if you look at most of season 1 and the odd few great eps in seasons 2 3 and 4 we know that they can do good scrips, great bad guys and real New York atmosphere. It just seams that after season 1 they went glitz, glamour, gadgets and vapid. We get the few eps each season that makes us go "YES" thats what we want then they slip back into the banal and boring.

^ Yep. That is exactly what I thought about, but I didn't mention S1, because I think people are getting tired of me mentioning S1. That was the best in my opinion. They showed the CSIs doing the work by themselves, opening books, surfing google to find out about things, and now it seems that they have a gadget for every single damn thing. I have been watching S1 again these days, and it made me a bit nostalgic :D

Besides a shot of Flack's toned, white Irish ass as he bends over to tie his shoe, you mean?:drool:

Seriously, though, after the limp debacle that was the majority of S4, anything would be an improvement. Others have covered most of my wish list, but I have one more.

No more new recurring characters. TPTB shouldn't be playing with new dollies until they've adequately dressed and developed the ones they've got. Let's look at the doll hierarchy, shall we?

-Mac: He's the swanky, heirloom dolly, dressed to the nines in his Marines dress uniform, a uniform that comes complete with tiny, spit-polished little shoes and a ceremonial rifle. He gets all the attention and is the star of every scenario, whether it's Fort or Grocery Store, but Mama always keeps him clean because he's a valuable collectible.

-Stella: Stella is the limited-edition Rambo Barbie with kung-fu grip and nad-chopping action. She's pretty and has all the accessories, and Mama wishes you'd leave her in the box, but Stella gets to play fort with the boys. One of her eyes won't close and her dress is dirty from lying in the foxhole, but Stella is one tough dolly. And don't call her "dolly".

-Danny: Danny is the My Buddy Doll. He's rough-and-tumble and can play Fort, but he also likes to be hugged and get picked as the bedtime cuddle buddy. With his fat, Cabbage-Patch arms, he's just begging for a hug. He's been dropped on his head a time or three and chewed on by the dog, but he's always ready for more.

-Flack: Poor Flack. He's the rugged, dependable patchwork teddy you've had since you were three. He's protected you from the bed monster. You've drooled on him and barfed on him, and once you stuffed him into the toilet to see if it would beam him up like the transporter in Star Trek. After a wash, he was good as new. He's the one you want on a sleepover because he's always got your back. He's missing an eye(the cat ate it), and he's dirty, but he still loves you best. Even if you're embarrassed by him because he's a baby toy.

-Lindsay: Lindsay is that ugly, annoying friend of Barbie, Skipper. She tries so hard to be cool but fails miserably. She's the doll only desperate GI Joes want to bang. You'd get rid of her, but she was almost as expensive as Stella, so there she sits, smug in the knowledge of her invulnerability. Like a turd on a hornets' nest.

Hawkes: Hawkes is the naked, bald doll lying on his head in the corner, looking like a pinup for Pederast's Monthly. He was cool for five minutes, until you got him home. Now he sucks, and Mama hardly notices him.

There. Isn't that nice? Everyone in a nutshell. Clearly some of these dolls need love. Like Hawkes. Surely it's not too much to ask to give the doll some clothes and a little dignity before you go tearing off to the toy store for more shiny, trendy, plastic pieces of crap?

-Lindsay: Lindsay is that ugly, annoying friend of Barbie, Skipper. She tries so hard to be cool but fails miserably. She's the doll only desperate GI Joes want to bang. You'd get rid of her, but she was almost as expensive as Stella, so there she sits, smug in the knowledge of her invulnerability. Like a turd on a hornets' nest.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Like a turd on a hornets' nest? Priceless.

:guffaw:

^ Yep. That is exactly what I thought about, but I didn't mention S1, because I think people are getting tired of me mentioning S1. That was the best in my opinion. They showed the CSIs doing the work by themselves, opening books, surfing google to find out about things, and now it seems that they have a gadget for every single damn thing. I have been watching S1 again these days, and it made me a bit nostalgic :D

Dont worry your not on your own I feel like a bit of a broken record re season 1 as well. It was the best balanced and best written season. Hell even the critics said so. . Pity TPTB stuck there oar in and wanted it brighter flashier and Stella to wear less...as per Les Moonvies....

LaGuera did it again :lol: Again, nothing more to add, but congrats :D I cannot agree more with the characterizations you made, especially Flack's. And of course the Lindsay one cracked me up :lol:

Dont worry your not on your own I feel like a bit of a broken record re season 1 as well. It was the best balanced and best written season. Hell even the critics said so. . Pity TPTB stuck there oar in and wanted it brighter flashier and Stella to wear less...as per Les Moonvies....

I think the reason why is it had the original writers, most who wrote for the original CSI in its early seasons, and had a feel on what to write. You had writers such as Eli Talbert and Andrew Lipsitz who wrote great episodes, such as "American Dreamers." When they all left, a piece of the show left as well. Then we got new writers. Now I'm not saying that all of them are bad, because they aren't. Zackary Reiter is magnificent, and he's new.

My wishlist:

1) Bring back some of the Season 1 writers, e.g. Eli Talbert and Andrew Lipsitz.
2) More Angell please. :p
3) Make Bob a series regular and put A.J. in the main credits!
4) NO MORE DRAMA LHAMA. :alienblush:
5) Less Mac-centric episodes. We get that he's the star, and he's a great lead, but sometimes I feel that its overdone.
6) Get Melina a love interest that isn't infected with 'IHURTZYOU!-disease' :rolleyes:
7) Anna can go. Thank you.

La_Guera does it again! :lol:

My main issues:

Lack of diversity in the show these days. They really need to get back to that time when NYC in the show was five boroughs and the crimes happened to people from all walks of life, instead of this 'Manhattan/Rich People = NYC' rubbish they've been serving up.
In addition to this, they really need to check their stereotypes.

Drama Llama. What I'd really like to see the door hit Lindsay in the ass as she exits the building for the last time. However, since this is unlikely, I'll settle for an end to this ridiculous chemistry-less relationship and Danny having ownership of his testicles returned to him.

Balance of Characters. I'd like to see the emphasis shift back to the team, rather than all this Super-Mac stuff all the time. Sorry to those who like Mac, but as much as I like Gary Sinise, I'm getting bored of this particular development.

Character Development. More development for all the characters, but especially for Sheldon, Don and Adam. I'd also like to see an arc for Stella that doesn't involve a skeevy man-friend, and also some use of the criminal underbelly of Danny's family that is discussed.

Tie up some loose ends. Can I hear 'Louie' and 'Gerrard'?

Product placement. Yes, we know all this technology is pretty, but for god sake, it's a TV show, not a 45 minute advert for Microsoft, Apple and several other tech providers. The gadgetry is fine in small doses, but the reliance on it is getting too much.

NY/Vegas crossover!!!! ahhhh....i want to see Mac/Grissom team up so badly. Unfortunately i doubt if the genes responsible for the growth of wings in pigs are going to be activated anytime soon....so yeah.

Hawkes!!! Hawkes!!!

that's about it, i would be happy with this :p

I’d like to see Flack have to deal with the aftermath of the bombing, and his injuries. Nothing has been said thus far about it. Or am I wrong? Yes, I know it’s been a long time ago, but let some thing happen. Another explosion or something let him have a sit down with Mac or Danny. Even better Lindsey or Stella.

Joe to live and not get arrested because let's face it, he done nothing wrong.
A Lindsay centered episode that ends with Reed shooting her.
An episode which is Sci-fi. I mean IJatKotCS did it, why can't CSI:NY.
An episode with Stella in charge.
More computer games centered episode so Adam can do something interesting apart from listening to his I-pod.
A Nintendo centered episode. You done a Microsoft one, why not Nintendo.
More British people.
Finally to end Scrubs on a high note, do a CSI:NY/Scrubs/NCIS 3 part crossover.

- no more D/L drama. i think we got much of that throughout season 4.

- better storylines, like the 333 caller, cabbie killer and the second life thing.

- more flack and angell, reed, adam and sid.

- deeper digging in the personal lives of adam, sid and hawkes

- more of flack and danny

- mac gets in a relationship with someone, quinn or jordan maybe? then peyton comes back. scandalous! hahaha.

- crossovers with other shows

- continuation of admissions, to see the fate of gerrard and his daughter.

- stella and brett? why not? hahaha.

My wishlist for S5:

-Great,unpredictable cases that will leave fans talking about the crime and consequences,the victims and the perps,cases that will have fans thinking about the actual cases themselves.

-More diversity!!Is everyone rich,white and straight and live in Manhattan? I'd like to see more cases from other sections of New York and other races and walks of life.

-
flamethrower.gif
llama.gif
That's right!!! Shoot the Drama Llama!

-More Hawkes,Flack,Adam and Sid!!And even more Stella!

-I
heart.gif
Mac...I really do! Last season was so "Mac"tastic, but let's have just a tiny bit less of him.Just a tiny bit. Same for Danny.

Last edited:
- stella and brett? why not? hahaha.

Anything that makes Adam Baldwin a regular on my TV screen is definitely welcome. :D

Couldn't agree more.

I agree with the others who have said that they like it if the show made a move back to its Season 1 roots when the cases were a bit grittier and more realistic because they tended to deal with people who were more real and from different walks of life and because the situations weren't so far-fetched. I think this attempt to be ultra- cool and chic has taken away much of what made Season 1 so great. I still like the show, but really miss certain aspects the show used to have.

I would also like to see the back of Lindsay, but if they must keep her then keep her in the lab and more in the background -- but stop giving her scenes that would be more believable and more fun if done by Adam (e.g. geeking out over cars and being the computer nerd.)

I would like to see more of other characters. I love Mac, but this show works so well as an ensemble and it would be great to see others allowed to shine.

Please, please put Stella in more appropriate clothing. Her shirts are so ridiculous and unprofessional.

Back