Season 3 - The Spoilers Continue

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by kinkapoodles, Oct 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalleighWolfe

CalleighWolfe Pathologist

Character in danger??? :eek: well we could guess who it is. Hmmm... I vote for ... Mac, not that I don't like him, I love him, but if it's him everybody will be so worried about him and not on the contrary, 'cause he's always trying to solve the others' problems (IMO) so let's see:
    - It's not Stella 'cause she's already in trouble
    - Flack, well if it's not physical danger, I mean that he's gonna get hurt or something so it could be him. 'Cause the bomb thing is kinda recent.
    - No Lindsay in that episode right? so it's not her.
    - Hawkes, maybe, if it's about getting hurt. If it's another kind of risk, I don't think it's him, 'cause "Raising Shane" is recent too. I'd prefer to say it's not him.
    - Danny. Could be. The last problem he had was in RSRD, right? tell me if I'm wrong.

Well that's my opinion :D great info 1CSIMFan!!!

I really wanna watch this episode it sounds excellent!!!!

2. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

I agree I would like to see it be Mac in danger as well. We have seen him go to bat for Danny, Stella and Flack last season and Hawkes this season. It would be realy nice to see the teams reaction to Mac being in trouble for a change.

3. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Just watched next week's promo on the CBS site. It looks great and that case with the alibi providing company :confused: seems interesting.

Txs 1CSIMfan and Orison for those spoilers for #17. Makes me curious why Mac is reading Nostradamus :) And as for the character in danger I'm guessing Hammerback; based on the fact that we find out he has a wife and two daughters.
    #14 (next week) is when Lindsay leaves :(, #15 has Nelly Furtado and #16 is the one with Danny/Angell.

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

ROFL...like Highlander. Then he'll whack the other guy and there'll be lots of lightning and he'll get electrocuted with it and then tell everyone he's immortal and can never die.

5. crankyjules

crankyjules Police Officer

I was thinking more along the lines of MacGyver, saving the world with a matchbox.

6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Well, we find out about his family, and it mentions Stella's as well--Maybe they're talking? Hmm, now I'm more curious. :p I wonder if it's related to the case or not. We're learning a bit more about the characters outside work lately, so you never know...

Ok, seriously, that's hilarious. :lol: But, you know, it might actually be interesting to see something like that. :p Somebody is accidentally dosed with some sort of drug and has hallucinations. *giggle* (But what's really funny is that I read it out to my mom and she thought I was being serious. :lol: She was like 'dang, I was picturing it.' :p)

Oh, and Mac speaking French might give me tingle-pants. :lol:

7. GregsAngel

GregsAngel Rookie

:eek:mac is going to speak french o thats great when r thry puting it :) cant wait

now all i need is carmain speaking italian :p :devil: :D

8. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Anytime. Glad to help although I wish you'd get to them first. I'm not as good at giving the info as you are.

So, I see that Stella, Danny, and Angell are working the same case in episode 15. :D I must say that I'm happy about that. We know (unless they cut or change it) they have an "interesting" scene in episode 16 so I'm wondering if there will be a hint of anything in episode 15.

Mac quotes Nostradamus in French and then luckily he translates for those of us who don't have a clue. That case is really strange and somewhat amusing. When I said crazy dead guy, I meant "crazy". BTW, his name is Noah.

Like Fay said, Stella and Hammerback have a sweet little talk where we get some background on both of them and it doesn't look to be case related but it's an important part of the episode. I like that they are still giving us background info. Now, if we could just get more background info on Flack, I'd be very happy.

MacGyver saved the day with a match and string. That man could assemble a nuclear bomb with a match and string. :p

Someone mentioned several posts up about Lindsay and I must agree with Springmoon. When they give us something better to work with (Like the first few episodes of season 2), we'll jump to the other side of the fence. ;)

9. detdonflackjr

detdonflackjr Rookie

The lack of Lindsay love confuses me as well..I love D/L and I hope it continues when she returns. Sure there has been some drama with D/L but it makes for good story I think.

But I agree there should be more Flack backround but I am happy to hear he has some good scenes coming up :)

10. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Some people like Lindsay and some people don't. And to reply to the part you edited out about Angell, detdonflackjr, the same is true for her as well. The difference, in my opinion, is that while Angell might not add a whole hell of a lot at this point, she certainly doesn't detract from the show--which many fans feel that Lindsay does. *shrug* I don't see the comparison, personally. Lindsay is a main CSI, Angell is a recurring detective--the only similarity is that they're both women.

As for D/L, that's one of the main reasons people dislike Lindsay's character and, if I'm correct in my thinking, one of the main reasons why people like her if they do. The type of 'drama' we've seen for Danny/Lindsay so far makes for a good story on a soap opera, but a show about crime scene investigation shouldn't be a soap opera. If you ask me, the show would be well-served to try something different instead of going with the same-old thing.

Now, back to the spoilers--"Noah," eh, 1CSIMfan? Hmm...

11. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

I'm looking forward to the scene where Stella & Hammerback have that little heart to heart moment although I have a feeling it's gonna be pretty upseting for the both of them. That being said I'm glad we're finally learning some more back story about Stella, my favourite character. I kinda wish it was something positive but meh, I'll take it.

12. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

Mac's stepson, Reed, will play a large role in an upcoming episode, where he will be a friend of a murder victim? I almost want to see this play out to gauge just how far Mac's hypocrisy runs. Surely if his stepson is involved, he should recuse himself. After all, he keelhauled Hawkes for knowing a vic for three minutes in a diner. Certainly a familial connection, even if only through the late Claire, would disqualify him.

It will be interesting to note how Flack and Stella will handle the situation, or even if they'll be allowed to handle it. Odds are, Mac will either fail to disclose this information to Flack and round on him for handling him as he would any other witness/suspect, or he will close himself and Reed off from the others for an overwrought tete a tete. I will give Flack and Hawkes a medal if either of them point out his raging hypocrisy, but like as not, Super!Mac will get the last word.

13. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

That oughtta be good if they do it right...

14. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

I agree it should be good if they do it right. Mac should exclude himself, if it ends up being his case. Someone mentioned hypocricy on his part if he doesnt. I think the problem we have is the writers lack of continuity, they set Mac up as the by the book boss but then they change the character to suit the storyline, without tying it in to how they have presented the character to us up until then. It would be VERY nice if the writers had Stella or Hawkes reminding him he shouldnt be involved, or if they had Mac himself step back, which could cause interesting conflict with Reed. But we have to remember this is Reed, Mac's only tie to Claire to me his objectivity is going to be skewed. He is going to want do everything in his power to ensure Reed is safe (something he couldnt manage to do with Claire). And that could include trusting his team to do there job and stepping back to let them do it. We will just need to wait and see.

I am also looking foward to seeing Stella and Hammerback its nice when we get a little more about our strange ME and possibly a little about how Stella is actualy doing. Hammerback is proving very insightful when it comes to picking up on when there is something wrong with the CSI's he interacts with.

15. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

That's right. I'm not sure how it will be played out in the episode but this is a key point, and I'm not sure Mac will stay away from the case. I totally can see him working even harder to prove that Reed is not involved in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.