Season 3 - The Spoilers Continue

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by kinkapoodles, Oct 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

The revelations about Hawkes have the potential to be fantabulous if they're properly executed, and it'll be interesting to see Mac and Flack taking up for Hawkes, but this also has the potential to be a giant clusterdoodle. It will all depend on the pacing, in my opinion. If they're smart and makes Hawkes' drama a two-parter, it will be brilliant, but CSI:NY has the alarming tendency to either shoehorn too much into too little time or spread the character and plot development so thinly that they make up for it with dull montages.

Two thoughts occurred to me after reading the spoilers:

-If Hawkes is already in an orange jumpsuit by the time Mac goes all Bunker Hill, doesn't that mean he's already been arraigned, and if so, wouldn't he be fired?

-Unless the bar in which the waitress was shot was pitch-black, how would anyone mistake Hawkes, a nummy, nummy man of color, for Shane Casey, who looks like an Ewok with mange?

2. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

Wow! Can't wait for that episode! It sounds amazing. Good storyline for Hawkes. Danny back to himself. The boys banding together in support of Hawkes. All good. :D

3. chelliyah

chelliyah Pathologist

woooo!! aww why oh why do ihave to live on this side of the world?! :lol: i cant wait to see this epi! this is gonna be an excellent one to watch.. Hawkes being involved in a situation like that is gonna be very " sitting on the edge of a seat, biting nails" stuff lol ooohh cant wait! lol makes me jus wanna get on a plane to watch it! lol

4. darx2mint4

darx2mint4 CSI Level One

I have no idea if this was posted a while back, but I'm just gonna say it again. Ok so I was looking on the info for Murder Sings The Blues on my tv, and it says

"Mac learns that one of his investigations knew the victim."

Are they talking about Lindsay? Could this be when her secret is revealed...or did I miss some major spoiler...

5. audrina

audrina Police Officer

No, actually, it's Hawkes who knows the vic. More Hawkes!

6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

:lol: La Guera, I am unashamedly in love with you, but that just slayed me. :lol:

I'm assuming that Shane was wearing a mask or something and the bar was dim...

But I'm curious about why Shane switched from actually murdering the people on his hit-list to something like this. I guess he's trying to f**k with the 'justice' system or something...

7. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

Faylinn, I have no idea what I've done to earn your adoration, but I am most flattered.

As to why Casey uses a new modus operandi with Hawkes, maybe he wants him to know what it feels like to be falsely indicted on scant evidence.

8. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

:p Aww, it always means more when you are clueless about your awesomeness. :lol: (But seriously, "nummy, nummy man of color"--priceless! :lol:)

;)

Yeah, I guess that's the point. Maybe he thinks death isn't enough of a punishment or something. Also, by doing this he's able to screw with the heads of the entire team, not just Hawkes (even though his death would affect them, I'm not saying that). Maybe he wants to ruin their trust in the system...

9. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

Well, it was either that or "walking chocolate sex on a stick."

I could see that, but I doubt it would work in the long run, especially on Mac the Marine, or Flack, who was born and raised in the system.

Now, if you'll excuse me, Flack has to go call Rebecca "kitten". ~dribble~

10. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

lol La Guera, you need a spew warning on that one!

What do you mean born and raised in the system? Police system? 'Cause Flack had a family AFAWK. ('system' sometimes refers to foster care system.)

11. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

Well, he comes from several generations of cop, so I'd say he was raised in the system.

12. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Guys, just a general reminder about spoilers (which I should have posted in my first post in the thread, but was too tired to be thinking straight :lol: ):

-Unless it's public knowledge (Ask Ausiello, Watch with Kristin, etc.) keep sources private. As journalists know, sources tend to dry up when you reveal them. ;)

-Use common sense when deciding how much to reveal. Some details are fun, but knowing everything can make watching the episode anti-climactic.

[/end PSA] :lol:

Anyway, this episode 11 sounds fantastic! I'm so glad Hawkes is getting quality stuff this season. Same with Flack--it's about damn time.

As for the ratings, that's great news! So far, third season is much, much better than second season was. I'm glad to see the ratings are up. :cool:

13. celtess

celtess Rookie

14. Nim

Nim Pathologist

Thank you celtess!!!
    OMG, I thought the party on the train was for Hawkes!!! :lol: :lol:
    Oh Mac is angry with him??? Can't wait to see it... :D
    Yay for Hawkes!!! :)

15. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

Oooh, the scene where Mac is angry at Hawkes is the one I saw them film! It's sooo good! :) I totally can't wait for this one...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.